Forums

Topic: 3DS LL (XL) thread.

Posts 521 to 540 of 594

BenAV

I still think the thing is really ugly and I'm not convinced by it, but my 3DS's L button is starting to stuff up which means I need to send it in and need another console to play on at least when it's away (no way I'm going two weeks without it), so I've pre-oredered an XL.
Still gotta test it beforehand though and if I decide that I don't like it then I'm cancelling my pre-order.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

romulux

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

Does anyone know if the Resolution for DS games is any better on the XL than it was on the 3DS?

the xl won't scale DS games any differently. they'll be just as blurry as before, but now with a lower number of pixels per inch. basically, if you play in the default mode, they'll look even worse on the xl.

the good news is that you can use the 1:1 mode to eliminate the upscaling and get the games to look about as sharp and clear as they did on the DS. on the current 3DS this makes the games tiny and uncomfortable to look at, but on the xl's larger screens the 1:1 mode screen size will be almost as big as the entire current 3DS screen.

xl in the default/scaled mode: worse than original 3DS
xl in the 1:1/no scale mode: better than original 3DS

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

dirtyplastic

DS games look great. the 3ds xl is worth every penny, once you play on one its very hard to go back to the 3ds small.

There's one way of life, your own!

Banker-Style

I'm currently having problems with my XL.
When I play on it,I notice for a spilt second,that the screen dims,then goes back to normal.
It does in on quite a number of games,so it must be the XL.

Any help?
Shall I take it back?

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Ecto-1

@A-Hungry-Banker
Check to make sure power saving mode isn't turned on (it is in the same panel that you adjust screen brightness on). I had tried this feature a couple of months ago, but I noticed while playing Mario Kart with some friends that my screens brightness was constantly changing. It cost me a few races. Turned off power saving and it hasn't done it since.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Banker-Style

I do have power saving mode on.
But it doesn't do it with my original 3DS,even though I have that on Power saving as well.

In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Ecto-1

I don't know, maybe it is more noticeable on the XL. I just know that I experienced something similar to what your describing on my original 3DS while playing Mario Kart with power saving turned on. It seemed to be related to the brightness of the colors being displayed, but the screen would momentarily dim or brighten ever so slightly. If you tried playing your XL with the setting turned off and it still did it, you could rule this out for sure, and in which case I would suggest seeing if you can exchange it for another system. Hope this helps.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Banker-Style

Thank you so much mate.
I'll try this out tomorrow,as I'm tired now.
I just hope that is the problem.

romulux

the problem is definitely power saver mode. i notice the flickering every time a menu changes on my japanese coach with it enabled (on the original 3DS).

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

RetroGBHippie92

Does the 3DS actually benefit from using the Power-saving mode? I've noticed this too with my regular 3DS model, I'm probably gonna forget about power-saving mode when I upgrade later this month when the XL comes out.
Anyway, I'm so excited for my XL, I'm gonna change my tradition of only getting black/silver DS/3DS to getting a nice bright red console and it'll be the first console in another colour, that I will have bought at launch. What Are you guys looking foward to being able to do with your new console, here's my list:

-Have longer battery life, play my 3DS longer without having to resort to charging it after only playing 3 1/2 hours of a 3DS game.
-Larger console: I'll be able to play games like Resident Evil or Heroes of Ruin without getting those annoying hand cramps that the 3DS is known for. Ergonomically, the XL will benefit me more because I have large hands.
-Larger Screens: I'll be able to play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 3D land etc and all my downloads in a larger screen format. Plus I'm hoping DS games are gonna look slightly better with a larger screen. I'm guessing that the 3D effect will be a lot more grander than with the current model, let's keep our fingers crossed.
-Better Stylus, Button/button layout, 3D toggle switch.
-Play my 3DS Download software, DSiware and VC games (+ ambassador games) in 3D/widescreen with the larger screen of the XL. I know I already mentioned this, but it's something i've been hoping for ever since the eShop was made available. I'm so hyped for this console.
-Finally, I will play with a nice luscious, large Red handheld that will ultimately improve (just about) everything I initially loved about the current model at launch, except this time, we actually have an AWESOME library of games compared to what we got at launch.

Also I forgot to mention I'm getting New Super Mario Bros. 2 with my 3DS XL, instead of by itself, on launch day. I can bare to wait a few more days, as I think it would look pretty silly of me just buying the console and nothing else.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

BenAV

The big screens are pretty nice... if only it was as comfortable to hold as the original model.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

BenAV

It's nowhere near as comfortable as the original for me.
Especially for Kid Icarus... it's way too big to get a good hold of with one hand and it's a big reach to use the powers quickly in the bottom left corner.
I also gave it a test with Mario Kart and it wasn't as bad as with Kid Icarus, it still felt a bit weird in my hands and it was a bit of a stretch for my fingers to reach the shoulder buttons well.
Hopefully I'll be able to get used to it over time, but I'm pretty sure I'll continue to use my original system for Kid Icarus after I get one.

BenAV

Banker-Style

I went into Game,today and spoke to the Guy who sold me the XL,and I told him about my problem.
And he said,that it should be doing that,so I should take it in.

I tried the 3DS instore with the Power Save on,and it didn't do anything.
So I'm going to try mine out again tomorrow.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.