Forums

Topic: 3DS LL (XL) thread.

Posts 541 to 560 of 594

romulux

not too thrilled to see that the XL uses the same yellowed, dingy screens as the recent 3DS models:
Untitled

it's not as pronounced in the photo as it is in person... i almost didn't even want to transfer my data over because my old 3DS looks so clean and clear in comparison. the backlight also needs to be set higher to get the same brightness- my original was on 3 there, the XL on 4. makes me wonder if the XL will have any better battery life after all if i have to up the backlight to compensate, the GBA ambassador games need it on 5 to look bright enough.

the good news is that the outside looks much better than photos had me believe. the finish has a sheen to it that doesn't take well to pictures, it looks really nice. and the screens are HUGE. no matter how big you're expecting them to be, they're bigger. 1:1 mode seems to look really nice so far and the D pad is much easier to use. now, to go play mario....

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

DeMoN-13ruce

^ anti glare makes up imo

Edited on by DeMoN-13ruce

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

bonesy91

Loving the size of the XL. It's now the size of my galaxy player 5.0 It feels a lot better to hold also. The round design was a nice update.

Of course, it's not as flashy as my aqua blue but I think I'll live haha.

Can finally play kh3d without feeling cramped.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

RetroGBHippie92

I'm hearing some people who've bought the 3DS XL have been experiencing some technical issues related to the screen and/or the SD card.
Apparently I heard through the website GoNintendo that some screens are showing blurry images or not working well and/or the SD card slot area is making clicking noises, has anyone had a problem with their system yet? I'm just wary that when I purchase mine when the system releases here in NZ (and AU) on thursday, that one or both of those problems could occur. Although I don't think this is anywhere near widespread, these problems have popped up in some units, I hope you guys reading are now aware and if anything's occured please let me and everyone else aware, I'd be plenty interested myself.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

BenAV

KaiserGX wrote:

Do you have little hands?

Probably.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

grumblebuzzz

Ugh. Got my XL today and I'm one of the few unlucky people who experienced an error during the system transfer and lost EVERYTHING aside from my eShop account, camera and Mii Plaza stuff. I'm so friggin unlucky sometimes.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

grumblebuzzz

Same here and I'm SOOOOO thankful that they are. I swear, if I had lost the ability to redownload them, I would have probably just given up gaming altogether.

grumblebuzzz

Sure. It might take me a while though. Still re-downloading everything. I have A TON of games.

grumblebuzzz

Mine is 5241-1908-8390.

grumblebuzzz

No, I kept my friend list too. Basically all of the important stuff was saved, but I lost all games, Swapnote, and all save data.

Kagamine

I lost all save data (including swapnote stationery) for all my downloadable title. That made me pretty mad.. But i kept my friends list.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

RetroGBHippie92

Did any of you guys even make a copy of your data and save it on your computer? that's what i'm gonna do when the XL arrives tomorrow. Blimey I've never been THIS worried about hardware launches in my life, come on Nintendo you owe us an explanation!!
I'm hoping my unit won't suffer the same fate you guys had to endure, I'm playing The Sword of Hope II on my 3DS VC at the moment, Now I certainly don't want to lose my save game data on that, I'll be furious if that happens. I'm certainly not gonna transfer anything straight away, I'm gonna check my unit before anything happens.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

k8sMum

i'm having to re-download about 1/2 my games from the e-shop.

i'm a wee bit pissed but still love the XL.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

romulux

KaiserGX wrote:

romulux... the screen is suppose to be yellow on that system transfer screen... the receiving 3DS has a yellow screen.

no. it's just as yellow on the main home menu. on the original 3DS tones that are supposed to be white are clearly white and the color temperature is well balanced, on the XL white tones are creamish and the temperature is way off on the warm side. it reduces the contrast and color accuracy a little bit.

it's not such a big deal once you adjust to it and forget about it, but it does make it hard to part with my old 3DS. the XL is still better by a mile for VC games, they look incredible in 1:1 mode and the D pad is actually useable.

Drawdler

Coming out tomorrow here, and like @RetroGBHippie92 I've never been more single-handedly afraid of losing my data. I didn't read the last few pages and for that I apologize but do you lose Ambassador Status, Friends, etc. if your transfer fails? Or just game progress? And if so does it affect StreetPass Plaza? /goes back to read the last few pages anyway

Dammit I'm going to be shivering while I do this especially since it can take 40+ minutes(according to Nintendo's site)...

Edit: So I went back to read and from what I can get her you'll just lose the software data except for Ambassador Status, Plaza, and Friends list if it fails... At least it's not as bad as I thought, in fact I'd be fine with it if I were forced into transferring just those, since I'm most worried about losing the Ambassador status and I plan to back the rest up anyway. I'd still be peeved to lose it, though.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Drawdler

I tried my sister's newer, non-Ambassador 3DS we got her for Christmas last year. If the level of yellowness on the XL is around the same, it's probably not as bad as people are saying. It's definetly there, though.

For those who are having screen flickers, it is definetly because of Power Save mode. I think it dims the screen in certain areas of games to increase the FPS and thus help the battery. But I don't really think it has a big effect. Then again, I leave mine on the charger constantly

P.S. @Mahary I'm going to re-add you in a minute so feel free to add me back whenever.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

romulux

waveboy- 3DS titles look great. all the faults you've read about are there- it appears more pixelated and blotchy- but technically the image is exactly the same on the original system. it's just that the screen is small enough on the original that those faults don't stand out as much. again, it's not like upscaling where the quality is actually degraded. it's the exact same image, but bigger.

i do notice that the 3D effect isn't as pronounced. when i booted the xl and saw the intro 3D test it wasn't quite as deep looking as the original 3DS test was (i saw both within minutes of each other). the sweet spot also seems a little smaller, not bigger. the left and right edges of the screen start to darken with any little movement off center, even 1 degree.

k8sMum

i got scared when i saw the yellowish screen during transfer, but i guess that screen is just supposed to be yellow. the colours on my XL are vibrant and true. i had a DSiXL in the past and the pixelation issues don't bother me in comparion to the screen size. it is a joy to be able to actually see the ball in Zen Pinball. playing OoT is like being immersed in the world.

i was pleasantly surprised at how nice a blue the outside is: the pics i've seen all make it look like a very primary, 'kiddy' blue. in reality it is a deeper, almost electric blue.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.