Forums

Topic: 3DS Firmware Update (20/09/2012)

Posts 1 to 20 of 52

tigermask

Downloaded it first thing this morning. No difference at all. I imagine it is just to block more unauthorised devices

3DS Friend Code - 0087-2886-9002
Nintendo Network ID - SamSteel

RupeeClock

Previous ver. number was 4.3.0-10E, it's now 4.4.0-10E

If it were something very minor it might've been 4.3.0-11E or 4.3.1-10E or something, there might be something more to it. Might coincide with something coming to the eShop later today.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Geonjaha

RupeeClock wrote:

Previous ver. number was 4.3.0-10E, it's now 4.4.0-10E

If it were something very minor it might've been 4.3.0-11E or 4.3.1-10E or something, there might be something more to it. Might coincide with something coming to the eShop later today.

I'd have to agree. Seems like something's coming...something...big. >:0
But dont get your hopes up. :3

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

19Robb92

They might be preparing to change up the OS a bit towards the WiiU launch. It seems that they want to implement some Miiverse features on to the 3DS as well.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

KAHN

i downloaded it last night actually i have no idea what it's for though. probably just a security update or whatever

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Prof_Clayton

I could see nsmb2 dlc hitting today personally. They could have updated to guarantee it'll work.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Birdman

Prof_Clayton wrote:

I could see nsmb2 dlc hitting today personally. They could have updated to guarantee it'll work.

That just seems dumb imo since they already have the ability to release free updates for games (like with MK7) or paid DLC (like with Theatrhythm Final Fantasy). An extra update just to be sure? Sounds dumb to me.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Chris720

It's probably just minor OS updates, or background updates. We'll know when 2:00 comes around whether it's something amazing or not.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Banker-Style

It's for the UK,isn't it?

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

RupeeClock

The eShop has a couple of notices about double stars on retail downloads, and earning stars for select eShop download titles.
I think they have changed things around a bit, from a 4-week time limit after retail downloads are released, to a 4-week time limit after you personally have bought a retail download, to claim the 250 bonus stars.

It looks like they'll start offering reward stars for many other eShop titles now, not just the retail downloads. It's possible the 3DS firmware update was related to this, part of updating the eShop software.

RupeeClock

Scary_Old_Lady

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Yeah i got an update last night as well on my 3ds. Then my spotpass light lit up blue on my 3ds saying about the pokedex being in the e-shop til Oct 1 before being removed then it saying about downloading 6 new pokemon in the pokedex thing. I had the pokedex on my system cause it was free personally nintendo can have it back if they want to charge for it. I'm not into pokemon really at all. I download it for kick's the free version. Pikachu & charzard is cute.

I think the update was just for the the pokedex 3dsware thing.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

But why would it need to do that?

Train Simulator Reskins: http://superalbs.weebly.com/ ;)

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0038-1854

Scary_Old_Lady

3Dash wrote:

I doubt that.
DLC makes sense, as (to my knowledge) there hasn't been any DLC for a retail game yet. Possibly we'll see NSMB2 DLC next week.

Nope, no DLC for a retail game, definitely not Theatrhytm: Final Fantasy, Nuh-uh.

Edited on by Scary_Old_Lady

19Robb92

Pengaweeno wrote:

Isn't the Dream Radar app supposed to connect with the Pokemon B/W2 games? Maybe they needed an update for that?

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Scary_Old_Lady

19Robb92 wrote:

Pengaweeno wrote:

Isn't the Dream Radar app supposed to connect with the Pokemon B/W2 games? Maybe they needed an update for that?

Ahh, I see...

New_3DaSh_XL

Pengaweeno wrote:

3Dash wrote:

I doubt that.
DLC makes sense, as (to my knowledge) there hasn't been any DLC for a retail game yet. Possibly we'll see NSMB2 DLC next week.

Nope, no DLC for a retail game, definitely not Theatrhytm: Final Fantasy, Nuh-uh.

Ok, whatever, as I said, to my knowledge, and I didn't know about that. I happened to not be able to use my 3DS, computer, Wii, iPod, etc for 3 months. I missed some stuff.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Victoria

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

It's for the UK,isn't it?

Mine was there this morning. Only took a few seconds to update, which is a lot quicker than it normally takes.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

Hokori

Cipher wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

There have been apps to connect to DS games in the past - at least two in Japan, if memory serves, one for Love Plus and one for Dragon Quest - so the 3DS is already capable of doing that.

Yeah but any for NA, you know the region which got updated?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.