So Ninty is beating up pirates? D:

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Cipher

HarmoKnight wrote:

Cipher wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Isn't the Dream Radar app supposed to connect with the Pokemon B/W2 games? Maybe they needed an update for that?

There have been apps to connect to DS games in the past - at least two in Japan, if memory serves, one for Love Plus and one for Dragon Quest - so the 3DS is already capable of doing that.

Yeah but any for NA, you know the region which got updated?

All regions got the update. Including Japan. You know, the region which wouldn't need such an update if that were its actual purpose.

Hokori

Hmm then maybe they're prepping for the 3rd party retail downloads, it's supost to come by years end

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Chris720

You can't stop peope using cheats and hacks, they'll just find a way around it... like with everything else. Although stopping it is useful, you might as well put more effort into something else than blocking hacks they'll just unblock later on...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

Chris720 wrote:

You can't stop peope using cheats and hacks, they'll just find a way around it... like with everything else. Although stopping it is useful, you might as well put more effort into something else than blocking hacks they'll just unblock later on...

But you do have to admit, Ninty is being very faithful with these updates this time. At this point, with updates this frequently, the hackers won't have too much time to hack!

Rizsparky

Happy_Mask wrote:

Chris720 wrote:

But you do have to admit, Ninty is being very faithful with these updates this time. At this point, with updates this frequently, the hackers won't have too much time to hack!

Theres always a work around, flashcart companies have too many customers to just drop firmware updates. I dont think nintendo need to prep for coin rush DLC anyway, they already have DLC on the eshop for a few titles anyway.

Rizsparky

Kagamine

Happy_Mask wrote:

Chris720 wrote:

But all they are doing is recovery. Fixing what is currently broken. They aren't ahead of the hackers, but at least they aren't far behind, fixing the damage, and preventing that same damage from happening again.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

Noob_The_Third

There were two without a message before this. I think one fixed the DSiware games going out of folders but I'm not sure about the other one

Edited on by Noob_The_Third

_Wallace

undead_terror wrote:

I checked on the web and apparently the update is for hackers and cheaters who use r4 cards,sadly the update is not gonna be of use for a long time.

Good. I'm sick of seeing these guys all over Craig's List in my area...

3DS FC: 3308-5501-6669
Now Playing:
GB/GBC/GBA:
DS/3DS: Code Name: S.T.E.A.M
NES:
SNES:
N64:
GCN:
Wii:
Wii U:

Happy_Mask

Welcome @Wallace !
But even though Ninty isn't keeping ahead of it, they are quickly addressing it. :3

Chris720

I think Nintendo should just do secret updates, update it without the person knowing and then it immediately blocks all flashcarts when hackers use their 3DS. Easiest way to deal with it, even though it might be against the law...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Mk_II

They aren't ahead of the hackers

actually, they are. No one has been able to crack the DSi or 3DS. Nintendo certainly learnt a lesson or two from the R4 debacle

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Knuckles

Alien_Mosky wrote:

There were two without a message before this. I think one fixed the DSiware games going out of folders but I'm not sure about the other one

I have still had my games leave the folders, but I didn't put them back for a while anyway...

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

MixMasterMudkip

I don't know if this was added in the recent update but the home menu screen has more space for apps

Friend Code: 5241-2232-9791
Friend Safari is Fire with: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixan
Mario Kart 8 Tournament: "Rosalina's Booty Cup" Code: 5852-0678-9577

Nintendo Network ID: MixMasterMudkip | Twitter:

Eel

I have never had any DSiWare get out of its folders.... What are you guys talking about?

@MixMasterMudkip: That happens when you get "too close" to filling the menu. It has always happened.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Birdman

It's probably not the same DSiWare glitch as you people have mentioned, but one time when I removed my SD Card while my system was running (since my system was saying it couldn't read the card) and then put it back it (while running), ALL my apps in folders (eShop, DSiWare, and even pre-installed stuff like the Sound App) were taken out and placed on my main menu. Wow did that take forever to re-organize.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

MixMasterMudkip

Morphtroid wrote:

@MixMasterMudkip: That happens when you get "too close" to filling the menu. It has always happened.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Friend Code: 5241-2232-9791
Friend Safari is Fire with: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixan
Mario Kart 8 Tournament: "Rosalina's Booty Cup" Code: 5852-0678-9577

Nintendo Network ID: MixMasterMudkip | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.