Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,441 to 52,460 of 96,507

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx I’m half glad I didn’t manage to post much of my thoughts after the Nintendo Direct, because it would have painted a different picture compared to how I feel right now. After playing FE: Three Houses, ironically the only Fire Emblem game I’ve played and the only one you haven’t, I’m excited to see more of Intelligent System’s catalogue, here’s hoping I can find Advance Wars here physically, seeing how it’s so big. I watched a little of the Nintendo Treehouse deep-dive on it and it looks like a really fun game. It of course has very strong similarities to Fire Emblem, but I liked it… so that’s not a problem!

If the special edition of Metroid Dread is available I’ll try and get that, the steelbook looks very nice, and I’ve found that steelbooks in general are really high quality storage options. I’m planning on doing the same thing with Skyward Sword HD, in that I want to buy it day one, preferably physically because of the game’s size. The mailing service I used to get NieR, Spider-Man and Witcher is surprisingly quick so in the grand scheme of things waiting three days means absolutely nothing.

That last post arrived at 2am? Only thing I can say to that is if you don’t sleep well there’s some fresh reading available? In any case sometimes I have the time to write the entire thing in one go, and others I’d start it around the same time and I’d finish by, as you say, late afternoon. I have to be much more aware of US time zones now, seeing as how one of my best friends has moved to the US.

Shame about the Breath of the Wild predicament, you’re stuck in the uncomfortable middle ground in this case. I’d agree that you probably would have been better off buying the expansion with the game from the very start, but at least you have it, considering your parameters for buying DLC. I realised I’m more or less the same in that respect, there’s been many expansion packs I haven’t bought simply because it doesn’t strike me as overly worth it. I’m waiting out on the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity DLC, because though the first wave’s arrived I feel like I could live without it for a bit. I think the game’s producer was interviewed the other day and he said the second pack would have a stronger focus on story, just like the second BotW expansion. So that may be when I get that.

Most of the DLC content is indeed accessible as soon as you leave the Great Plateau. You need to load the world again after touching down, by, for instance, entering and finishing a shrine, and then it’ll show up. The placement of various costumes means you’ll have to go well off the beaten path to get some, but they offer a lot of fun, especially the journey finding them. The meat of the first expansion is locked behind getting the Master Sword, and the meat of the second behind beating all four Divine Beasts, so the pacing and distribution is well enough. You could probably get away with starting a new file in Master Mode, the saves are completely separate from the main game. It’s like Xenoblade: Future Connected, in that you have an extra menu option and the entire thing is in a new menu. That could be your test bed for having an all-in-one experience. From experience it is very challenging. Hopefully that goes well, be sure to keep us up to date!

The gameplay for Final Fantasy Origin’s not that bad to be honest. I don’t think the gameplay style suits me, so I’m probably not going to get the game. Even if the trailer was a ruse in terms of the gameplay, the character designs are still pretty atrocious. I’d rather go and play FFXIII than play as a FFXV character dressed as FFXIII’s Lightning. Kazushige Nojima did say that the focal point was making a story about an “angry man” but I truly feel like the execution of this idea will be lacking. The colour palette is so… so dark, that it loses any distinction of being a Japanese series. It’s not necessarily a rule but the JRPGs I like have brighter colours, and have style. This has got to be the most Western Final Fantasy title I’ve ever seen, and I thought FFXV was the title holder.

If I was younger… I wouldn’t disagree. From experience children who haven’t been “trained” how to behave online have a certain vulnerability, and preference to trust others. I haven’t gone down that rabbit hole but I’ve seen others and through basic common sense I didn’t interact as badly as I could have in Clash of Clans chats. It’s hard playing online with friends because remotely it’s near impossible, due to conflicting schedules. A friend of mine who I race on GT: Sport, he moved to the US, so it’ll be difficult to find time. But I’m sure it’ll work out.

One of Stardew Valley’s strengths is that it’s fast enough that you won’t just be hanging around waiting for the day to end, but it’s also slow enough that you can do pretty much anything you want. After some careful counting I found that 10 minutes in-game is about 7 seconds in real time. That means an in-game hour’s 42 seconds. The pacing’s perfect, and honestly better than New Horizons. If you miss a festival in New Horizons… that’s it until the next year, which is an active detriment to the game’s enjoyment factor. Stardew doesn’t have this, and also runs on a shortened year system. Having said that it took me 35 hours to finish the first in-game year. I’d really recommend it, because this is one of the finest indie games I’ve ever seen. Undertale was a decent game, but guess what? This is better! It has better pixel art, nicer sounding music that’s more than a match, more replay value, more “content” and some great characters.

I’m not the biggest fan of Disney as a company, but I’m a massive supporter of their creative endeavours, especially their animated films. They sink big money into those and 99 out of 100 times it pays back very handsomely. I see Disney how I see Nintendo; they are the backbone of my childhood entertainment, and have given me so many memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life, but as a company they have monetary interest at heart and make questionable choices. In Nintendo’s case they’re very conservative in their approach to making games, and have appalling management of legacy content, just like Disney. I discussed Raya and the Last Dragon, as well as Luca, two films I watched in the last two days. Those two serve as very good examples of how Disney artistically, are unrivalled. More movies for the list?

Smash isn’t for me either, yet I somehow decided to buy the game one day. A fascinating story that one, because I got it on New Year’s Eve, during to date my only visit to Nintendo’s New York store. I still have the Link-embossed bag I got it in. I could have gotten the steelbook and Pro Controller but I was too hard up for money. My friend’s Switch arrived today and funnily the first game they played wasn’t any of the ones listed! It was Persona 5 Strikers, a game they had lying around for months. Breath of the Wild, and Super Mario Odyssey are the pinnacles of game design, and are laughably easy buys. Super Mario 3D World is, as you say, a fusion of 2D and 3D gameplay done well. Some damning corner-cuts become more obvious on Switch, like the bland backgrounds, or the excessive bloom.

On PS5 recs, you’re very welcome! After playing Spider-Man a bit more I can safely say it’s as good as you’ve heard. I never thought I could have so much fun slinging across New York City! After seeing how Witcher 3 performs, I’d hold out a bit if I were you. We’re supposed to get a free PS5 upgrade for the game later this year, so it could be worth waiting until you get a console, and then get straight into that. But at the same time if it runs well enough on Switch I imagine it’s perfectly playable there as well. After seeing how long you spent on Monster Hunter: Rise and Fire Emblem Echoes, I can’t begin to imagine how long you’d take on mammoth titles like Xenoblade 2, Skyrim and so on!

Thanks for the well wishes, they likely ended up playing a part in my surprisingly fast recovery! I was able to do some medium-intensity exercise two days after getting the vaccine, though my peak stamina and strength were much lower, so in some instances where I could use weights, I didn’t use them at all. This week it’s been much better, and within a few days I should be getting my “green shield”, which’ll let me go out. Lockdown was extended another week so our plan to have a nice dinner’s been thwarted.

Your fever dreams seem as bizarre as mine, but at least it was so long ago that it’s probably a fading memory! In my case it’ll be a source of pride, to go around telling people that I was so shocked by the Final Fantasy reveal that I had a fever dream about it. I usually get ill like this around October time, I was bedridden for one day with a fever last year, and the year before that I was sick for a whole week. It must have been… very shocking to have WarioWare pop into a dream like that- wait, it was completely conscious?! Now that’s something else! But you had pneumonia? Last I checked isn’t that a potentially fatal disease? My grandfather has pneumonia, but he’s been dealing with it for six years now. I’m glad you feel better now, and well done to your family for noticing.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter One I love the drawing and two. I uh thought the live action remake was ok for what disney's movies were at the time, But The animated one is just so much better, I agree with @TheJGG the woman had jedi powers the whole film wile animated mulan was strong, She new how to take care of her self, and she was a nice person, And before I say anything else, the songs were jacked up! in the live action version, be a man was ruined, maybe not as bad as be prepared in lion king but still, And then there was no mushu, didn't really think he'd show up but I loved the little guy.

Ok back to what I saw saying, If you come out to me and saying, "live action mulan was strong" No she was not in my opinion, She had jedi powers that were put aside to make her look good, Wile animated mulan was strong, risked her Stinkin life, Was able to get rough and tuff, but you know what I liked most of all, Her determination, now thats something I looked up to, and it might be why I do some of the things I do today, Mulan learn'd how to be a solder, and even when she was found out, she saved everyone.

Even through all this I think they still made her fell like a woman, which is a good thing cuz she is She did show a soft side to alot of the solders there, and it rubbed off on them, I don't really remember that in the live action version but I could be wrong.

And you can say the movie is Sexist but, one, it tells a story about a place in time in which this was the law, and two, when she gets found out, nobody is happy to see her go whatsoever, even if she is a woman and wasn't supposed, and lets be honest he soo new she was a girl I mean come on he keep't her there on purpose.

And at the end of the film mulan is accepted for her, character and `determination.

I can't comment much on the bath scene as I don't remember, But I agree that movie mulan would pass off as a man so much easyer then Movie mulan. Thanks for taking the time to read this if you did.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioVillager92

@ogo79 My condolences - sorry to hear about your dad. It's always tough to lose a loved one. I remember when my grandfather passed away when I was 9, it was a really sad moment.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Ah... Xenoblade Chronicles, another one of those games I've definitely played, but never really finished. I only have the Wii original: I got tempted by the limited edition with the red Classic Controller Pro...

I also have the sequel on the Switch, and for that, the same applies: played it, then stopped somewhere after the first couple of hours. Except for falling into the trap that is called Animal Crossing: New Horizons, I just haven't dedicated that much time to any game anymore, nor would I want to, to be honest.

As for the private matter thing: I'm okay with sharing. I myself am okay, it's my old man. He passed out while staying in his holiday garden house, or whatever it's called in English. Happened two weekends ago. We were supposed to celebrate his birthday, but when I arrived, my niece came to meet me halfway to inform me, and my sister was already on the phone with the doctor. Ultimately, the emergency services arrived, they checked him out, gave him some fluids and checked his blood, and then they left.

We took him home again, because he couldn't stay in the tiny garden house, which was about as hot as a greenhouse. In the weeks thereafter, up til now, he has gone from the hospital to the doctor's and back again, got several tests and researches done and as a result of those also an antibiotic cure, and later tonight, I'll be calling my sister for an update: she has more free time, because I'm working 9 to 5, 5 days a week, so she's taking him to the hospital every time.

So, that's basically it. Other than that, he's still a very tough nut to crack, but ever since my mom passed away almost 6 years ago, he's become a bit of a different person, and sometimes, also due to his diabetes and Parkinson's, life kind of overwhelms him, and he starts to feel a bit depressed/pessimistic. When he's in such a mood, it's difficult to get him out of it, because he's also one stubborn you-know-what. Always has been, probably always will be...

But on to nicer and more joyous things: Metroid games on the Wii U eShop have come down in price and are now more attractive than ever, so I'm considering getting all of them. Still need to fill up that hard drive that I bought for it last year...

@TheJGG Well, I don't know how much stronger you feel about games, but if by that you mean feeling emotional, then I can't relate. I've never cried about a game or felt sorry for a character. The only emotion I've probably felt is either anger or frustration, due to not being able to finish and/or beat a game or level, regardless of how hard I tried. In the past, that has actually cost me quite a bit, because I used to vent that anger by hurling controllers into walls or doors, especially during the N64 days, so I've bought more controllers for that console than I care to remember...

I also had anger management issues back then, but I've got all of that under control now, most of the time, anyways.

@ogo79 Aw, man. Sorry to hear about your dad. Kinda lost for words, and I seldomly am. All I can say is that I hope you know that the Chit-Chat crew has got your back, whenever you need to vent or rage, this mad old Titan included. Had there been an ACTUAL Infinity Gauntlet, I'd gladly lend you a stone of your choice, to use as you'd please...

Fantasy is a great way to escape, in that regard. I definitely know from my own trials so far and recently. But more importantly: you'll always have the great memories and lessons of your old man to keep you strong and keep you going, and obviously, you will. A Chit-Chat thread without an ogo79 just wouldn't quite be the same, you know....

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

Suprise.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Oh.... my.... God.
It's.... errrr, I mean: he's alive!

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter That's awesome you got to see a rainbow. Last time I saw one was 7-8 years ago.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, it was a great concert. I actually decided to boot up the Wii U and play some Sonic Lost World yesterday evening.

@ogo79 Very sorry to hear about your dad.

@TheJGG Nice, I saw Raya recently too, my mother surprisingly wanted to see it. Loved the movie, Sisu was my favorite part of the movie too. Great character. Honestly, I didn't know who Awkwafina was until seeing Angry Birds Movie 2. She was one of the hatchlings IIRC.

After seeing how she reacted to Alberto's reveal, I felt the same way about what happens if Giulia finds out Luca's secret. Thankfully, her reaction to Luca was much calmer than I expected given how she reacted to Alberto. It honestly felt good seeing her care for Luca's safety.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX "Xenoblade Chronicles, another one of those games I've definitely played, but never really finished." - don't feel bad. It's my literal favorite game of all time, and I didn't actually properly finish it until like my 3rd or 4th run. I'd rave about it online to all my friends about how much I love it, but I hadn't actually finished it.

I have the contrasting habits of being the kind of JRPG player who wants to do every side quest and explore every corner of the are before progressing a main story - but who will play a game for a few weeks and then get pulled off by something else before finishing the end game. I do it all the time. Even for my favorites.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Haha, no worries: I don't feel bad about it in the slightest. Just a tad melancholic, if you will, longing for the times that I had almost half a day to devote to gaming, instead of the odd hours, every other weekend or so...

@NintendoByNature Don't get me started. Wasn't he also the one that said that Nintendo would release a special N64 Mini Bit Coin Edition? (could also have been biscuit edition, but without gravy, that wouldn't have been much use, now would it?)

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX that's the guy. He aught to be ashamed to show his face around these parts. He is the ultimate B&G offender.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Definitely sounds like Sergeant Burly is more for show than substance then. Still, even less viable creatures in monster collecting games have some pretty cool designs!

The reasons my hours played on Pokemon Diamond are so high are twofold:
1. I was trying to fully complete the full Pokedex at the time and succeeded!
2. I was still a kid then, so I had more time (and, admittedly, less games) on my hands.

It's by far the Pokemon game I've sunk the most time into. The next closest probably clocks in at about 150 hours.

@ogo79 My sympathies. Well wishes to you and your family. Losing a loved one is never a good deal.

@MarioLover92 Your cat seems like a sweetheart who clearly loves his human! Shy cats are pretty common, so no worries there as long as he doesn't become a hermit lol.

@BruceCM Maybe the CHAOtic trailer was some intentionally poor marketing then?

It wouldn't surprise me if the FF Pixel Remasters come to the Switch eventually, but I still find it confusing as to why they didn't just announce it as "coming soon" to other platforms if that's the case. /shrug

@ThanosReXXX I highly recommend revisiting Xenoblade Chronicles when you get the chance. It's an excellent game, probably one of the best modern JRPGs I've played. Conversely, I haven't dived into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yet, though I do own it. It's one of those games I'd like to get around to soon, but that "soon" list has other contenders....

Sounds like quite a scare with your father; I'm glad it appears everything will be okay. He sounds like a tough fighter indeed, and not unlike my own dad in the "tough/stubborn nut" department.

I'm glad the Wii U VC Metroid games are getting the love they deserve. All of them are excellent, though I can't speak for Metroid Prime: Hunters. Now might be the time to get around to that one, actually....Metroid Prime Trilogy is a must-buy for those interested, and both Fusion and Zero Mission are certainly worth it as well. With all the Metroid mania, I'm tempted to revisit a couple of the games too. Even Super Metroid, even though I've played it somewhat recently.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I still need to actually play through super metroid 😬. I wasn't crazy about that double jump. I never got it right and that's about when I stopped playing.

NintendoByNature

Snatcher

@Tyranexx Should I really try to go for the full dex in S&S? Its sounds kinda? boring? but if its fun I will try.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

Oh ya i'm getting back on ninjala, There having a demon slayer calab, I'm sorry but I need to join in on thisn anime sucker and Demon slayer fan over here.

Zuljaras

I had to dig for that photo in my phone it is from last year! And I had to post it on Twitter as imgbb is refusing to publish it from my phone

I see Anti's rainbow and I raise with mine! Full rainbow + double!!!

PS: I am not on my home PC because I am on little vacation doing things only from the phone sucks!

Edited on by Zuljaras

ogo79

Tyranexx wrote:

@ogo79 My sympathies. Well wishes to you and your family. Losing a loved one is never a good deal.

thank you, ill have you know my uncle, aunt have been helping me go through all my dads belongings...
ive never ran through so many boexes...

Sunsy wrote:

@ogo79 Very sorry to hear about your dad.

thank you, itll get better one day

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 Aw, man. Sorry to hear about your dad. Kinda lost for words, and I seldomly am. All I can say is that I hope you know that the Chit-Chat crew has got your back, whenever you need to vent or rage, this mad old Titan included. Had there been an ACTUAL Infinity Gauntlet, I'd gladly lend you a stone of your choice, to use as you'd please...

Fantasy is a great way to escape, in that regard. I definitely know from my own trials so far and recently. But more importantly: you'll always have the great memories and lessons of your old man to keep you strong and keep you going, and obviously, you will. A Chit-Chat thread without an ogo79 just wouldn't quite be the same, you know....

thanks for all that for real dude. no im not going anywhere. ive been here for ages.
i could have easily joined an action figure forum to post my crap, but NL is my home, it always will be.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@ogo79 My condolences - sorry to hear about your dad. It's always tough to lose a loved one. I remember when my grandfather passed away when I was 9, it was a really sad moment.

toughest thing ive gone through in my close to 42 years of living, thanks for the post.

Zuljaras wrote:

@ogo79 If you want I will try and make this exact skeleton into a sculpture.

That is why I am asking if you already have it in some form.

i have the golden axe white and red skeletons that ill never open. i definitely have it already lol.
thats why id like to pay you one day to make me another kind

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Blooper987

@Snatcher haven’t seen Demon Slayer yet. With all the stuff I still have to catch up on it’s not likely I’ll watch it soon but it looks pretty good.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Speaking about my favorite Yokai for my team, I prefer Male Yokai with cool looking but not too scary or too weird. The Merican Yokai from Yokai Watch 3 are really looks interesting to be collected especially the Boxing Baguette, Ashita no Joe Yokai, Damajor -> Damajor Nine, etc.
The starter Yokai on rank E and D are mostly look cute and basic but I hardly to use them once I got at least rank C Yokai. And from 8 Main tribe of Yokai, I oftenly used Brave Yokai as some of them have really cool looking and they have higher Attack stats. I don't really like Eerie Yokai as some of them have scary looking or they have scary feeling when you imagined them. The only female Yokai i like most is Ghostess (Japanese lady Yokai with yellow kimono and green six arms from her hair bun) and she is rank A Yokai.

Oh, I have posted Slugger (Damajor Nine) hand drawing on previous page.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic