Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,441 to 52,460 of 54,383

SM3DASislit

@ThanosReXXX
Sorry, I didn’t mean to make any assumptions. TBH, since it has been a while since I posted in the Chit Chat Thread before this week, so I probably have forgotten some things about the awesome people in here.

That’s why I kind of apologized in my initial question post about Illumination/animation because I figured it had been talked about at some point, and I unfortunately seemed to miss at least (part of) the initial talk about it.

@Sunsy
I might see Trolls at some point, it’s not a movie I don’t had a ton of interest in, but I think it would be cool to see at some point. I’ve heard the song Can’t Stop the Feeling a few times.

Hey, that’s awesome that you bought Chapter 2 of the Ninjala Story Mode. I hope you enjoy it. TBH, I completely forgot that you played Ninjala until you mentioned it in you post. Whoops.
That actually reminds me that I need to make a reminder post in the Ninjala Thread sometime over the weekend (or possibly even today). Hopefully, Nintendo Life will write a Ninjala article about Season 6 starting, or just update the last Ninjala article about Season 6 and Dev Diary #15, but we’ll see.

@MarioLover92
Haha, there were a lot of games in that Direct. That’s a good list of games to be excited for. The games that I’m most excited for (that were announced in the Direct, or at E3, that is) are Mario Party Superstars and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania, with other possible games being Warioware and Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. I think the concept behind MP: Superstars is really cool, and the fact that we’re getting a sequel to Mario + Rabbids is awesome.

It probably won’t come back, but the newer/current Disney CEO seems to be more like the Disney CEO who started the Touchstone/ Hollywood Pictures, so we’ll honestly just have to wait and see if anything comes to fruition about a revival of either studio.

@Zuljaras
That’s true. I do feel that Disney/Pixar (and some other animation studios as well) do really try to have as wide of an audience as possible with their animated films.
I think it’s cool that you like both areas, as usually you just meet people that just like one or the other, and you are able to like a wide variety of things, which is also something people seem to struggle with.

If you don’t mind me asking, why do you not like the older Disney movies? 🤔

Yeah, it’s good to have a balance with the things you like, and just life in general.

Actually, I feel like comparing Doom and Pokémon isn’t a drastic comparison, even though they’re in different genres. They both require strategy and also require (at least some) skill.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I going to be busy throughout the summer, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Zuljaras

@SM3DASislit So to answer about the old movies. I find them very boring. I know they are made so long ago and they did not have the tech that is available now, but still they are are so limited.

The "new" drawn ones from the 90s Aladdin, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Treasure Planet, Tarzan etc. are, dare I say, perfect! 101 Dalmatians is also very good even if little old. But Snow White, Cinderella, Pinocchio are ... bad. And old Mickey Mouse looks like a child molester!

And I thought that DooM and Pokemon are contrasting Let me have another try. I really love Heroes of Might and Magic series and I have no issues playing Animal Crossing between the turns

But besides AC and Pokemon I really have almost zero tolerance of kiddie games.

Zuljaras

Anti-Matter

Anyone still remember this game ?

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@SM3DASislit Hey, no need to be sorry. It's not like I was mad about it or scolding you, I was just explaining myself, clarifying things and so on.

Besides, this IS the Chit-Chat thread after all, so even if you jump into a conversations 10 pages after the fact, no one here will bite your head off for it, trust me. And if they do, well...
Untitled

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Was Anastasia created based on Russia's Revolution ?
Rasputin on Anastasia became a wicked zombie sorcerer.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

TheJGG

@SM3DASislit Yes.. yes we are awesome. Especially me. Maybe. I dunno. Proceeds to go through the five stages of grief in a split second

In all seriousness this has once again sparked furious discussion in this thread, and we all enjoy it, no matter how little some like to say!

@ThanosReXXX Yes, I have accepted it; man you're fickle with games! Almost like you're trying to find some Infinity Stones or something with all that world hopping!

I'd say that Disney is the sole exception to the deficit Western animation has to Asian. There's only two Japanese films I've seen this year but they're both bloody fantastic. And then there's Your Name, a film that's as clever as a Ghibli film but with enough romance to entice just about anybody!

@Snatcher Pretty much, most animated movies go for the cheap humour that appeal to anyone under the age of ten, and it works. Means some parents just won't have a good time, which disservices films like The Incredibles which I was able to enjoy throughout my life, as I grew up.

@MarioLover92 The ending of Tangled nearly made me tear up. And believe it or not @Zuljaras but Frozen II made me cry, not once, not twice.. FIVE times. I was a emotional wreck when I saw it but I still count it, and it's a bragging right!

I haven't seen any recent films from any company, I could probably count good 2020-21 films I've seen on one hand. Soul was good and that's probably the only one I can remember. I've been watching the BBC miniseries "And Then There Were None", adapted from Agatha Christie's supposed "best novel". Damn I'm excited to watch the last part tomorrow.

Edited on by TheJGG

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
I didn't even really impressed by Frozen 2.
I cried in sadness every time I saw Ray the firefly died in peace from Princess & the Frog.
I cried in happiness everytime I saw Aladdin set free Genie for the last wish from Aladdin 2019 live action movie.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Eel

@Anti-Matter It's a fairy tale style version of the story of Anastasia, set in a world where magic is real, and the rumors of her being alive were true.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zuljaras

@TheJGG Wow you are emotional I have never cried because of a movie in my entire life. Frozen II story is better but the songs in Frozen 1 are better. Maybe Frozen 2 with the tracks from Frozen one!

I either enjoy them or they disappoint me.

My fiancé is the one that cries about emotional stuff movies (both good or bad)

I love the fact that she is NOT a gamer. That would be a lot more crying

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

Zuljaras

Eel wrote:

@Zuljaras You should watch Hachi: A Dog's Tale with her.

I see no reason to put myself through that again

Same with crappy movies like Sweet November and A Star Was Born.

I also have to watch my horror movies alone as they are "scary stuff!!!"

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Yeah, me neither. I'm not gonna cry over some stupid animated movie about a princess and a frog. Nothing manly about that, for sure...

Now, when I was just a little Titan, I do believe I displayed a whole range of emotions, whenever my parents took me to the cinema to see the latest Disney had to offer.

In my adult life, no heavy emotions tied to animated stuff. Real movies or TV series though, are a different beast altogether. And as you may remember, I am a highly empathic person, which may sometimes result in me getting choked up or feeling something in my eye sometimes, depending on the skill of the actors involved, and the gravity/severity of the scene that's playing.

Something powerful actually SHOULD move most people though, otherwise it defeats its purpose. I'll never cry my eyes out, mind you, but feeling something in my throat or eyes getting a bit wet, absolutely, and I'm not even ashamed about that for a single second. Real men aren't afraid to show their feelings. Cry babies are wusses, and emotionless people are to be pitied, but between those two absolute opposites, there's a hell of a lot of shades of grey, and I'm definitely somewhere in between those.

Quite a while back, I watched a rather dark and depressing French movie, that hit me like a ton of bricks, gave me a real punch to the gut and at times, it was SO intense, that I could almost feel the same kind of despair as the main character, which left me feeling empty, with a knot in my stomach, if that makes any kind of sense to you. Sometimes I don't know anymore if I'm using actual English or if I'm just literally translating Dutch to English 1:1...

@TheJGG No argument there, concerning Your Name. As you should know by now, I actually bought the Blu-ray, after having watched it. It's truly one of the best and most beautifully drawn animes I've ever seen.

As for my gaming habits: fickle? How did you come to that conclusion? I just have a broad taste, as with most things in my life. I also like almost all kinds of music, books and movies, and food as well. I enjoy ALL the finer things in life, and preferably in as wide a range as I can get it. If that seems fickle to you, well... I can't argue with personal views, but I certainly don't see myself as such.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Sunsy

@SM3DASislit Alrighty, still hope you enjoy it whenever you see it. Yeah, you know the song. It was made for the original Trolls movie. Being a Trolls fan, it makes me smile when I hear it while food shopping or something.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I was enjoying the first chapter. I still play it a few times per month, even got my avatar some new items like the sailor uniform and a candy themed hat. It is cool they're generous with jala. I think I only paid for the premium currency once for the Sonic collab. Anything else I got was obtained with free jala I just got in my inbox or from playing.

I still need to watch the latest update video, it's been awhile since I've checked them out.

Sunsy

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Ah I am not emotionless ... that much. I just never cried. Some movies like the ones above were quite sad and I NEVER like movies with sad endings. They have to be either happy endings OR sinister endings. That Hachi scene was really sad AND joyful in the same time.

It defeats the whole purpose to watch a movie that has some hope and the everything is ... for nothing. You don't learn anything from it and you will 100% not recommend the movie to a friend!

Maybe that is why I did not like The Last of Us Part II story.

I remember sitting in the cinema after the Thanos snap in Infinity War like "what did I just watched!". But it was awesome!

Zuljaras

MarioLover92

@Sunsy That's how we got Disney+ as well, with that Hulu bundle. I'm totally with you on sports, I'm not a big fan of watching sports either, it just wasn't my cup of tea. But I do dig games like Mario Tennis Aces! Mario Golf: Super Rush looks pretty good too.

That sounds like a good incentive to get Disney+ honestly - I'm not into superheroes either but I do like the Disney content! Yeah, I'm a bit of a child at heart. There's a ton of Disney movies and cartoon shorts, they go as far back to when Walt was around.

@SM3DASislit Yeah, I'm pretty excited for Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania as well. We used to play SMB2 (no, not talking about Super Mario Bros. 2) back in the GameCube days. Those party games were awesome, too. I'd like to get Sparks of Hope at some point too, though I think I should put more time into Kingdom Battle first.

@TheJGG Goodness, five times??? I enjoyed Frozen II, was thinking of giving it another watch on Disney+.

Edited on by MarioLover92

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Oh, I have created a thread about Kitaria Fables since there are some peoples might have interest with Rune Factory style games.
The demo is available on Steam version but will get physical release on Switch, PS4 & PS5.
One more thing, Kitaria Fables is an indie farming RPG game made by peoples from my country Indonesia.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras And did you then not think: NOOOO!!!!! Not Peter Parker!!! ? Or: not Vision, even though he's basically just an android...

Or whatever other kind of favorite mutant that you preferred.

As for not liking movies with sad endings: well, it depends. Liking is perhaps the wrong word to use. I'd go for either understanding or accepting. For example: if it's a historically accurate movie and main characters suffer or die, because, well... that's also how it actually went in the ACTUAL real life events that the movie was based upon, then I can understand, appreciate and accept that. Doesn't mean I have to LIKE it or be happy about it, but just to name one example, it would have been REALLY weird to see a movie about Joan of Arc end in a scene in which she would jump down from her burning stake, and subsequently danced away, smiling and singing along cheerfully: happy end!

As the old saying goes: that's life. Nothing is always good or happy all the time, but you live and learn and you get by and you'll still enjoy most of your life regardless, if you live it the way you should, which is one day at a time...

So, just out of curiosity, I suppose you don't like tragedies or the "film noir" genre, then? Provided you're familiar with it. In case you aren't, have a look here.

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I did not mean movies based on real events. I meant completely fictional stories. It is like a movie embodiment of depression. For me that is a waste of time. As I said I saw couple of these.

Zuljaras

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Cool, I originally got Hulu just to watch TrollsTopia as the Trolls movies are some of my favorites, and ended up finding more stuff to watch on it. Liking Disney stuff too makes the bundle seem worth it, even if I'm not going to bother with ESPN.

I still need to pick up Mario Tennis Aces one day. I remember trying it when NSO did the trial for it, and played it when my friend came to visit a few years ago. Sports are just more fun with that character twist to it.

Sunsy

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Well, the same could be true for happy or positive movies: a lot of those are fictional as well.
Either way, I just took historical movies as an example, not as a general purpose to prove my point.

If you follow that link, and check out the 90's and 2000's parts, I'd be curious to find out, which of those you've actually seen. And sure, a lot of them are fictional, but often based on books. And others just on a brilliant mind, such as Quentin Tarantino's. There's VERY few movies of his that could actually objectively be called bad movies. Most of them are definitely worth a watch, regardless of any personal taste.

On a side note: what did you think of that trailer I posted? You know, I was actually kind of hesitant to ask, because I don't know if war-related movies interest you, now that we're doing more of a deep dive into your likes and dislikes...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic