Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,461 to 52,480 of 55,762

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Oh, we agree in large part. I suppose the example you just gave is a large over-exaggeration, but I get it, and I agree. And Seven was a great movie indeed, and I too don't watch really ancient movies, but some movies from the 60's and 70's are real classics, and I can certainly recommend a bunch of them to anyone, regardless of their age.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras P.S. you REALLY should watch Raging Bull. It's a simply amazing pictorial about the rise and downfall of one of America's all-time greatest boxing champs and it is also beautifully filmed.

As a fellow horror fan (you are, right?), I can also heartily recommend Shadow of the Vampire, which is a partially fictional story about the making of the world's first famous horror movie, Nosferatu. Some info on that here. And it features some big name actors in truly wonderful roles. They definitely made the movie, and I enjoyed every minute of it. The two names of the movies I recommended both link to their respective trailers, by the way, in case you're curious...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I really dislike boxing as a sport yet I am a sucker for Rocky, Creed and Real Steel
I might look into it.

I have not spend time on classics but I remember when I was little, a black and white movie about Dracula that terrified me and also made me love good horror movies!

I have to find it. Maybe it is that Nosferatu which I will try and find tomorrow.

Also horror comedies like Return of the Living Dead are my favourite! Romeros movies are also great! Big fan of Pet Cematary!

And believe it or not I am yet to watch The Shining!

Update: just saw that it is a movie with Malkovich and Defoe! I will find it tomorrow!

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

Snatcher

Oh did you guys see the new he man trailer, it looks miles better the she ra, the art style looks great to, there trying to go for the og look with a splash of anime mixed in and I love it, It also looks like they didn't dumb it down like they did to thundercats, He man is also F*** hulking, and the fight scenes look like there going to be a fun time.

So i'mm totally following this show, and I want to know if you guy are to, I would have loved this art style for she ra, and maybe voltron but voltron was fine.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 Frozen 2 was ok but man did the characters change for this movie, Idk what happen'd to the strong and independent Anna, She was a joke for that whole film, I mean were is the woman that literally climbed a mountain, got her hart blasted, and Got turned into a ice statue. No now she was insecure, She kept cutting kristoff off! and It took a whole movie of her just jumping to conclusions about every little thing he said.

and look maybe they wanted to movie to be more focused on elsa, ok fine, I mean elsa's change made sense, she was still getting used to being with people, olaf was just a delight in this film as well.

Now with the characters out of the way, the songs, they, they were...... Good as always, I think all the song sounded great, like I knew Disney would. (Loved kristoffs song BTW)

All and all, I feel like the deleted scene's would have made a better movie, and the only issue I had was the character changes as my god this movie looks like gods work LOL, So I give this movie a 8/10.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

ThanosReXXX

@NeonPizza Haha, no. I don't even know that movie. No, the one I meant, that gives you the gut punch and feelings of total and utter despair, is the movie titled "La Vie d'Adèle", which literally translates to "The Life of Adèle", but has strangely been renamed "Blue is the Warmest Color" in English.

Go watch it and find out, I won't spoil the plot. Hope you're open-minded enough, though...
And be prepared for some rough and harsh scenes as well. Not exactly All Ages material. Don't blame me if you're not old enough...

@Zuljaras Well, don't feel obligated, but Raging Bull is a great movie, starring Robert de Niro, one of the greatest actors ever, so even if it may not be as spectacular as any Rocky movie, it's just as gritty and solid in its fighting scenes, and perhaps even more so.

As for Shadow of the Vampire: after you've watched it, be sure to watch this YouTube video, which does a side by side comparison of scenes of the new movie with the 1922 original that it was based upon.

I'll be looking forward to your review of the movie...

@Snatcher WHAAATT?? What new trailer of He-Man? Don't just waste time mumbling about it, man. Post it here, so we can all enjoy it.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX I'm sorry, when I said new, I meant we had a trailer for a new he man show, man I'm sorry if you thought they had a trailer 2, But you sound hype for it i'm I wrong?

CANOEberry

@ThanosReXXX Having visited the lower Scheldt and environs, and as a student of history myself, movie looks interesting! Will you be seeing it?

CANOEberry

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher Yeah, I actually am kinda curious, so go right ahead and post it here.

@COVIDberry Yes, I will. I find the source material VERY interesting, but even if I wouldn't, I might still watch it, if only for the novelty factor of it being the most expensive Dutch movie to date. The budget is truly un-Dutch. And that in and of itself already raises the curiosity factor for me, as in "I'd like to go and see it to find out if it matches my expectations of "most expensive Dutch movie ever", then."...

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX Kay uh can you just tell me how to do that, I have never posted a video on this site before LOL!

Snatcher

Here yall go, and you will see its there for the nostalgia.

Edited on by Snatcher

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher Hey, I saw you already posted it, but now it's gone again?

You made a tiny mistake, though: post YouTube links on their own rule, so underneath any text that you've typed in front of that link, otherwise the video won't show immediately.

Here's an example, to show you what I mean. First, the wrong way to post YouTube videos with accompanying text:

Hey guys, look at this absolutely cool video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmlQSegO5pM

And now the right way:

Hey guys, look at this absolutely cool video:

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher Ah, I see you already fixed it. Good on you.

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX Yep I just did it, I found that out before I read your post LOL my mad, thanks mate, here you go.

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher Nice trailer, by the way. Looks miles better and much more in spirit of the original show than the previous effort to bring He-Man back, in 2002:

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX WAAAAAY better.

Anti-Matter

Guys, please visit my thread about Kitaria Fables that I have created yesterday.
If you have ever played Rune Factory and or Story of Seasons, I think you will interested by this game. 😀
Untitled

Kitaria Fables also has been shown from Wholesome Indie Direct and it will be released on Steam, Switch, PS4, PS5. (physical release)
XBOX version will be digital only since this game made by Indonesian developer, probably not favor XBOX machine to have physical release.
I repost again the image or Kitaria Fables, hope you still see it and talk about Kitaria Fables on the thread I created.

Note: BTW, did you really see my post here ? 🙁

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher I know, right? Good thing that I have Netflix AND a brand new TV, so I'm definitely going to enjoy the heck out of He-Man 3.0...

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX Oh they also They said its going to be Adult-Oriented, but Family-Friendly, Lets goooo!

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher That should make one heck of an interesting combo. I wonder what they mean by that and how they will accomplish combining those two things. Perhaps like Disney, by including secret and/or subliminal messages...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic