Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 52,421 to 52,440 of 55,762

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter That scene always gets me.

@MarioLover92 Cool, in my home, we have Netflix, Hulu, and Peacock. We don't have Disney+ yet.

Hope you enjoy Princess and the Frog whenever you can see it. It was the last 2D animated movie Disney did IIRC. I think it's on Netflix. It's a good movie IMO, and I don't see it mentioned often when Disney movies are talked about online.

@SM3DASislit Yeah, this is coming from a guy who played Minion Rush too.

If you ever see Trolls, hope you enjoy it. I really like the theme of the movie which is happiness, as well as the music and the characters (Poppy is my favorite). I will add, the two cartoons do add more to the movies, including spotlighting the other characters and original songs. Most of the movie music are covers of popular songs, save for Can't Stop The Feeling and Get Back Up Again.

BTW, I thought of you this morning. Ended up buying chapter two to Ninjala due to an eShop sale. While I play online, I like the single player chapters for offline play.

@Snatcher Saw it on Netflix years ago out of curiosity. Can't say it was a movie I liked, but I did like the character Jailbreak. I find making one of the emoji a hacker inside a phone kind of neat. Even if that opinion may be unpopular.

Sunsy

MarioLover92

@SM3DASislit Yeah, there's too many games to list in that Nintendo Direct, lol. I'm most excited for Metroid Dread, but I'm totally looking forward to Breath of the Wild 2 and even Mario Party Superstars. It's already looking better than Top 100 on the 3DS! I like how they're bringing back some boards from Mario Party 1-3, but it'd be sweet to see boards from 4-7 as well. I've mentioned that I'd like the GameCube era boards at the MPS thread. Never played the N64 games as a kid - surprising, I know - Mario Party 5 was the one I started out with.

As for that Touchstone thing, yeah I think it's just gonna be Disney from here on out. I know they had released movies for an older demographic under that label, which was years ago.

@Sunsy Thanks! I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Yeah, I haven't seen it being mentioned that much. Especially compared to other Disney movies like Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King, to name a couple examples. There were other animated movies that I've seen as well - I've seen Anastasia some years ago.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

TheJGG

IOU several replies everyone but this just has to be said. Anyone hear of this huge conspiracy that an upcoming PS5 indie game is secretly another Hideo Kojima game? After seeing all the points it seems way too much of a coincidence.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
I only know Kitaria Fables, an indie game from Yogyakarta (my country Indonesia) with gameplay mixed of Rune Factory and anthro animals as characters. It will be released on Switch, PS4 & PS5. Another indie games by PQube as publisher from my country Indonesia. 😀

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ogo79

anyone here tried and played strange brigade yet?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Zuljaras

@SM3DASislit I know it is weird but most of those animations are for both adults and kids. The ones I really dislike are the old ones like Cinderella, Pinocchio etc.

After watching the Conjuring sometimes a person want to hang out Disney princesses

Same with gaming Plaing DooM may lead to playing Pokemon

@ThanosReXXX I noticed some buildings are not from here like the big clock tower and some streets. The end chase scenes and the final showdown is here. Also that guy in the garage shop that has no lines is a local comedian

Zuljaras

Bankaj

The E3 Direct got me wondering about E-Shop pre-orders. What is the point of paying for Advanced Wars digital version today, to receive it only in December? I don't see the benefits as you are not getting bonuses or early acces. Also the 'guarantee your copy' argument shouldn't apply for digital versions.

If anyone got a minute te spare, please enlighten me.

Thanks!

Bankaj

TheJGG

@MarioLover92 That's probably the worst possible film to watch with your mother considering Mother Gothel is the villain! Nonetheless it's too good to pass up, and it'll teach you how not to parent!

I'd also like to offer my two cents on The Princess and the Frog. Good movie, but I feel it was caught in between Disney's transition between hand-drawn 2D animation and computer-generated 3D animation, and maybe felt a bit under-appreciated. I know I did that too. At this point I feel that both Disney and Pixar's 3D animation work was so good that it made hand-drawn animated films fall into a niche that catered to pure artistic merit. Look at how people revere Studio Ghibli films now!

@Zuljaras I haven't seen Moana in a while and I haven't seen Raya at all! If you mean the overall movie experience I'd agree with you, but if it was about the heroines I'd say... Frozen = Tangled > (only by a little bit) Moana, and then add Raya wherever she fits.

@Sunsy Sofia the First... it feels like another Disney self-insert fanfiction à la Kingdom Hearts, but sometimes having a lot of heart. I remember when I watched Tangled in the cinema, I almost cried out of fear of one of the scenes. Which one, you ask? Like, eight minutes in when Rapunzel slams open the tower windows looking for Pascal.

@ThanosReXXX My seminal go-to phrase "comfort food [movie, game or book]" comes to mind now, because there are absolutely instances when I just need to play a video game with little effort or thought. Sometimes I'd pop open Hyrule Warriors for the mindless hack'n slash madness, and listen to a podcast all the while. Makes for a relaxing experience...

I'm not sure how to feel about critics; if I say I only like them when they agree with me that's just pathetic. There's many instances with movie and game critics alike (especially the latter) where I flat out disagree, and I don't feel like it's a forced choice. Death Stranding's one game I can cite, same with Breath of the Wild, which got... pretty stupid criticism for the soundtrack and level design. But don't label yourself as sour if you agree with negative film reviews, you both may be right! Or wrong...

And funnily I'd label most Marvel films as comfort food. Doesn't change the fact that they're almost all good films, especially Avengers: Infinity War / Endgame, to some extent Black Panther, and Thor: Ragnarok. Those are all films I'd happily watch again. It'll be interesting to see how the franchise evolves now that they've veered way off script! Now it's gonna get... weird...

I'll explain it a bit more to the best I can; not a single Illumination movie has been original enough to justify watching it over exploring the "source material". I dunno why but I always count Horton Hears a Who as an Illumination film even though the only link it has is the producer and writers. But Pets is Toy Story with animals, Lorax is Lorax, Grinch is Grinch, and Hop... is woefully unoriginal, paired with janky CGI-human interaction. I'd love for @Eel to explain his view too!

It is meant to entertain kids, but adults too. That's what Disney films do best, by relying on humour everyone can appreciate instead of bathroom humour that's Illumination's standard.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Eel

I’m not entirely sure what to explain. People say their movies are uninspired and lack creativity. I can’t really say if that’s true or not, so the “perceived” bit comes from that, that people see them as such.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

Loving the movie talk here, and as long as were at it, Is it ok if I talk about loki? I now its not a film but I just really want to talk about it.

It has to be better then F&W solder and scarlet witch all together, the writing for loki is just WOW, I just can't wait to see what come next, and loki, what a F*** character, the actor really made loki, loki, I just can't see anyone else playing him, And also is anyone going to watch the black widow film, I'm sure not, it feels outdated and I feel like we didn't even need a movie for her.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Zuljaras

@TheJGG the Frozen heroines are very boring to me. Especially Anna ... she is just so generic (spoiled princess that is so desperate for love) while Rapunzel was fantastic!

Raya is ok. She is a warrior but again little generic.

Moana on the other hand was fantastic as there was no love crap in it and it did not needed it! It was a nice ocean journey!

Zuljaras

Snatcher

@TheJGG I know I can't stand the bathroom humor, Home is a dreamworks movie but lord they could not stop with the potty jokes, And the show sucked to.

Out of all the dr. susses films horton hears a who is the best one hands down for me.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Those are great movies. Surprisingly, I never did get around to seeing Anastasia. I think the only Fox animated movie that sticks out to me is Ice Age.

@TheJGG Yeah, I started watching Sofia the First as it was recommended to me, and I don't have Disney+ yet, so I wanted to watch it in event it leaves Netflix. I did get some of the Sofia DVDs, in event I want to watch the show and it does get removed.

Cool, I never did get to see Tangled in theaters. I did get to see Frozen II, Zootopia, and Inside Out in a theater. Saw Inside Out with a friend, I remember we were playing Duke Nukem 3D online on Steam and planned to see it via game chat. He mentioned to me the movie recently, and the timing of it since he was dealing with moving at the time, and Riley moving was the central theme in the movie.

@Sdelintwouters Luca, I want to see this one badly. It looks like it could be a fun time, maybe I might consider a Disney+ trial to watch it and finally try Disney+ (or getting the Hulu/Disney+ combo, as I got Hulu to watch TrollsTopia). Nice to hear something good about it.

Sunsy

CANOEberry

Teksetter wrote:

Wow yes, it is a hectic time of year for us video game news seekers. I'd say THE busiest time, really, at least traditionally when we're not all bunkered and trying to ride out pandemics.

I'm usually able to dodge getting run over by the hype train, but I always see more news than is good for me and finish the week coveting unreasonable amounts of games. Not good when my backlog is already long enough to last until my Swith is on life support if not long dead...

@Teksetter NEW*METROIDBIGBOYMAXPASSPLUSGAME*THISYEARTHISFALLTHISLIFE

SPACEFIGHTER PLANETEXPLORER SCIENCEWARRIOR FEARLESSACTIONMAZEGAMEWOMAN

I APOLOGIZE. CAGE BROKEN IN SURGE OF ENTHUSIASM. ...

Feeling a bit boundy and shouty! Do not believe I successfully dodged the "hype train"! Still processing news! Would enjoy learning your E3 highlight! Filled with good feeling! Rolled kayak and canoe out of storage this week, river is still cold! Saw Milky Way and hard clear stars by the marsh while coyotes howled in the distance around me! Hope your summer plans with your family are progressing, and heat isn't unbearable for you!

Did I tell you about this conversation Kate and I had recently!?

I've been meaning to ask you a question, O Staff Writer, but I've been hesitant because you might consider it kinda personal.
If you could be a furball, what colour fur would you choose?

AND SHE REPLIED:

I normally default to a sort of low-saturation dusty rose colour. Soft, warm colours are my vibe!

Clearly she has given this thought! Samus rolls like a frictionless furball, and Kate is comfortable with her non-writing side! Feeling welcome here in spite of my pandemic-vintage mangy frizzy look! Wishing you well, look forward to hear from you whenever that may be!!

CANOEberry

MarioLover92

@Bankaj Never saw the point in preordering digital games right when they're available too. I could preorder it much later if I wanted to, or I could buy it sometime after it comes out. Doesn't make a difference either way, especially if there's no preorder bonuses.

@TheJGG Yeah, Mother Gospel is quite the wicked one lol. We both really like the movie though, so no worries there. I love the ending - it was heartwarming to see Rapunzel reunite with her real parents!

Yeah, you're probably right about the 2D animation, it kind of died out like that...but I have no problem with Disney and Pixar's CGI animation, at least. It all looks really good!

@Sunsy Ah okay - pretty sure Anastasia is on Disney+ now, if you'd like to see it. From what I remember I liked it. It's been a long time since I've seen Ice Age, I was like 10 when the first one came out. Don't recall much of it though.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Eel

Rasputin's song sounds really cool in Russian.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Yeah, it'll probably always be a mix of locations, usually because the original settings, especially with historical movies, is almost never available anymore. Currently, we have a new blockbuster in the cinema over here, which is one of the most expensive Dutch movies ever made, about World War 2 and the so-called "forgotten battle" at the Schelde river, and parts of that too, are filmed in Eastern Europe, because the original Dutch locations have changed way too much, now populated in places with apartments and office blocks and such. A lot can be done/remedied with CGI, but not everything, and they wanted it to look as close as possible to the real thing back in the day. Here's a trailer. I think you'll be able to appreciate it, even though parts of it are in Dutch, obviously:

@TheJGG Glad we agree on Marvel films, then. Perhaps best leave it at that, because in my view, animated movies, or rather: Western animated movies are of a much lower level, especially compared to Asian ones, and hardly ever contain a complicated story, beyond some kind of lesson or "educational" moral, so I'd give them a pass where harsher criticisms are concerned. As for source material: I never even knew these movies such as Despicable Me actually had source material. I always thought it was a unique IP in and of itself.

Anyway, let's leave it at that, otherwise we'd just be doing a roundabout of rehashed statements...

Have you already accepted my invitation on the Switch? Haven't looked yet.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Sunsy

@Bankaj Personally, I rarely pre-order, digitally or physically. It's not often, I'll pre-order a physical game when I want it close to release, but know I'm not going to make it to a store on release day. It's an easy way to get it delivered. Did this with Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Super Mario 3D All-Stars.

Digitally, yes, the eShop does not run out of copies. There is one benefit, preloading. For those wanting to play a game on day one, they can preload a game and not have to wait for a big download, and can play it right away.

@Sdelintwouters That's cool, still waiting to get Disney+. In my home, already have three services, Netflix, Hulu, and Peacock. Don't know if I'd watch Marvel since superheroes never been my cup of tea, I have a feeling I would love all the Disney stuff.

@MarioLover92 I don't have Disney+ yet, but I'll make note of it if I ever get it. I do have Hulu, and they offer a bundle with Hulu and Disney+, so I may consider that. I just don't have interest in the ESPN part of the bundle since I'm not into sports.

However, Sega Superstars Tennis and Mario & Sonic Olympics, that's another story. Gives into my love of character themed games, even if they're sports related.

Sunsy

Ninjalaislit

@ThanosReXXX
Sorry, I didn’t mean to make any assumptions. TBH, since it has been a while since I posted in the Chit Chat Thread before this week, so I probably have forgotten some things about the awesome people in here.

That’s why I kind of apologized in my initial question post about Illumination/animation because I figured it had been talked about at some point, and I unfortunately seemed to miss at least (part of) the initial talk about it.

@Sunsy
I might see Trolls at some point, it’s not a movie I don’t had a ton of interest in, but I think it would be cool to see at some point. I’ve heard the song Can’t Stop the Feeling a few times.

Hey, that’s awesome that you bought Chapter 2 of the Ninjala Story Mode. I hope you enjoy it. TBH, I completely forgot that you played Ninjala until you mentioned it in you post. Whoops.
That actually reminds me that I need to make a reminder post in the Ninjala Thread sometime over the weekend (or possibly even today). Hopefully, Nintendo Life will write a Ninjala article about Season 6 starting, or just update the last Ninjala article about Season 6 and Dev Diary #15, but we’ll see.

@MarioLover92
Haha, there were a lot of games in that Direct. That’s a good list of games to be excited for. The games that I’m most excited for (that were announced in the Direct, or at E3, that is) are Mario Party Superstars and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania, with other possible games being Warioware and Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. I think the concept behind MP: Superstars is really cool, and the fact that we’re getting a sequel to Mario + Rabbids is awesome.

It probably won’t come back, but the newer/current Disney CEO seems to be more like the Disney CEO who started the Touchstone/ Hollywood Pictures, so we’ll honestly just have to wait and see if anything comes to fruition about a revival of either studio.

@Zuljaras
That’s true. I do feel that Disney/Pixar (and some other animation studios as well) do really try to have as wide of an audience as possible with their animated films.
I think it’s cool that you like both areas, as usually you just meet people that just like one or the other, and you are able to like a wide variety of things, which is also something people seem to struggle with.

If you don’t mind me asking, why do you not like the older Disney movies? 🤔

Yeah, it’s good to have a balance with the things you like, and just life in general.

Actually, I feel like comparing Doom and Pokémon isn’t a drastic comparison, even though they’re in different genres. They both require strategy and also require (at least some) skill.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic