Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,401 to 47,420 of 96,481

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Oh very nice! If there was an event for teddy I missed it too. Before gifting I had serious trouble having enough revives and potions. I almost started using throwaway Pokemon on gyms. I am glad they made them easier to get. A huge part of what I like about PoGo is putting my shinys on gyms and seeing other people's shinys.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ogo79

gotcha.
Untitled
its not below the waist by any means, but it dont matter.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go alone!
Take this.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@ogo79 Hey, man. What's up with your picture posting skills? All I see is a placeholder that says "Untitled"...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

Eel wrote:

explosive shoes are all fun and games until one detonates by accident

You mean I'm not supposed to use my TNT Sneakers for batting practice?....

....What about soccer?

@Heavyarms55 So healing items used to be harder to come by? The only items I had issues getting enough of towards the start of my AR Pokemon career were Pokeballs. The area where I initially started playing was on a trail system while exercising, and stops out there were few and far between. They've added some markers and signs since, so I might get back out there soon and submit a few stops now that players level 38 and up can do so.

Not gonna lie, I love putting up my shinies in gyms.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HotGoomba

@Eel OHHHH so that's what I was doing wrong

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Oh goodness yes. Healing items used to be much harder to come by! I used to regularly see gyms full of obvious throwaway Pokemon because of it. That was in the earlier days when they were still trying to balance item rarity and stuff.

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Oof. I can only imagine how much of a pain that was. Hearing stories like that, I'm glad in hindsight that I wasn't able to jump on the PoGo bandwagon when it first launched. They weren't too bothered about porting it to Windows Phone lol.

I rarely place throwaways unless it's an out-of-the-way gym with an obvious low turnover rate. I think my standing record is currently 38 days...and counting. Previous one was 30 days. Shame, because I kinda want my shiny Gorebyss back now lol.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Those gyms are interesting. I had one on a super rural gym for nearly 2 months once. But there is something satisfying about putting a Pokemon on a gym and not getting it back until it's a Gold gym badge. XD

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Hey, I've been meaning to ask how well the Kensington play list is doing over in your neck of the woods, but what with my long hiatus/absence and all, it completely escaped my mind, but now that the weekend has come and I've once again found myself browsing the music video section of YouTube, it suddenly dawned on me, so yeah...

Meanwhile, I'd like to share another favorite song of mine that you might possibly like. It's a classic rock song by a short-lived Dutch band called Intwine, who were formed shortly after the lead singer took his premature leave from an edition of Idols, because he didn't want to conform to the applied formats in that particular talent show, and he wanted to do his own thing, and so this band was formed. To this day, this song here is their best one, and not just in my opinion, but also officially according to Dutch Top 40 charts. All of their other efforts were either only mildly successful or left the top 40 just as quietly as they entered it.

Anyway, here we go:

As you can see, I've posted two versions. The second one in HD and with lyrics, because the sound is much better and clearer as well, but I posted the original clip as well, because I didn't want to leave you guessing as to what face belongs to the voice, even though the video is in full 240p glory, and as such awful to watch.

Then again: it's a song from 2003, so HD obviously wasn't as readily available yet, so I guess we have to make do for this one.

Anyway, I hope it can meet with your approval. Otherwise, consider it not posted...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

LuigibrineTheGreat

My thanksgiving meal was better than any of yours, cuz I had T-BONE STEAK and twice baked potatoes!

Also, notice anything new about my sig?

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Anti-Matter

I was listening to this SNES song since morning.

It made me want to buy SNES games like i have ever played when i was kid.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Vinny

Didn't buy anything I didn't need this year... I did it, consumerism is no more.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tyranexx

Well folks, you know the rules. After Thanksgiving, it's time to put up the Christmas avatar! (And the decorations....)

@Heavyarms55 Hah, definitely! The previous 30-day record was stuck in the only gym in a village that's only a blip on the map. it was awesome to hit gold with literally no effort. XD I did use a throwaway on that one. The thing with the current one is there actually was some turnover in it until...well, over a month ago. Someone on Team Instinct would occupy it every now and again. Not sure if they got sick of playing, or if some of my Team Mystic compatriots also in the gym right now were a bit too aggressive. /shrug

@ThanosReXXX It's admittedly been a bit since I've listened to Kensington. I guess you can say that group escaped my mind as well. Worry not, I'll get back to that list!

Thanks for sharing the Intwine song! It admittedly wasn't for me at first, but the song gets better as one listens IMO. I particularly like the duality exhibited in the lyrics.

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx There's.... Christmas... RULES? Oh, my. I wonder how those'll play out under all the current restrictions....

Tyranexx wrote:

but the song gets better as one listens IMO.

Yeah, that's the Dutch for 'ya: they like their layers, in music as well. It's an acquired taste, though. I suppose.

But glad you liked the song. Familiarizing you with Kensington was actually kind of a yard stick for me, along which I could gauge your taste, also going by what you've already told me concerning your taste in music. But Dutch music, regardless of how international it can sound sometimes, is still a completely different ball game altogether, so you may never know how it lands with someone used to other kinds of music or bands.

Anyways, completely agreed on the lyrics of "Happy" by Intwine. Kind of like how all of us guys feel when a woman breaks up with us but tries to do it in a friendly manner, which is basically what the song is about.

At first, while still being flabbergasted, trying to wrap your head around what has just happened to you, you may think "yeah, I also wish you all the best" but once the realization has struck and you realize that no matter how friendly the message was delivered, in the end you were still dumped, then the more negative thoughts come bubbling to the surface, hence the final verse of the song...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@RequiemDaze I think you need to read the site rules again...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic