Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,421 to 47,440 of 96,536

Heavyarms55

Woot! I got both shiny Nidoran during the Pokemon Go event today! I always found it odd how Both Nidoran male and female as well as Nidorino and Nidorina have the opposite gender's color and then Nidoking continues this trend but Nidoqueen randomly is green. Still, very nice to pick up two shinys in one day!

@Tyranexx Huh. Could be life just got in the way. No Valor players in the area either? My fellow instinct players are very dominant in my immediate area right now but when the gyms flip, I do tend to see both Valor and Mystic from time to time. Going into the actual city area Valor and Mystic are more common as tends to be the case. I've actually got Pokemon on 4 gyms right now and I'm getting slightly annoyed that they've all sat there for about 3 days now. Unusual for this area.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx So, now that you've become acquainted with Intwine, here's another song of them that I like, this time a bit more up tempo and more harsh/solid/metal, but still good, though.

Same recipe: first the lo-res video clip (albeit of a better picture quality than the first clip I posted), then the video with the lyrics...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

Even during pandemic, Super Eurobeat still a relevant thing until today.
Definitely not a niche thing.
Moreover, Stay Home campaign from Para Para community.

Luckily, i have Para Para Paradise PS2 at home so i can dance Para Para anytime i want, stay safe at home when i cannot visit Malls during pandemic.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Well, in MY rule book, Christmas decorations at the very least shouldn't go up until after the turkey's cooled on Thanksgiving. Some people around here have had lights up already for a couple of weeks now. A coworker's wife has had their tree up since the day after Halloween. At this rate, people may as well leave it all up year-round!

Yep, "Happy" definitely has a notable shift towards the end. Probably how a lot of break-ups affect both sides of the relationship in various ways. I find the lyrics to be more genuine this way.

Thanks for linking "Cruel Man"! I think I enjoyed that one more than "Happy". Are those scenes from a movie in the music video? Or is it just footage for the video itself?

@Anti-Matter Probably crawling the internet for more online deals. I'm not sure it makes as much of a difference this year vs. the usual Black Friday sales since the online deals started early in an effort to cut down on the in-store madness. I might keep an eye out for a couple of game deals, but unless something has REALLY been marked down, I doubt I'll be tempted much at this point. I've already caved for a discounted copy of Final Fantasy XII, and I'll likely pull the trigger on A Short Hike in the eshop before the discount expires.

@Heavyarms55 Green Nidoqueen confuses me too. I bothered with the Nidoran event a little (mainly to ding to level 39), but I collected both shinies through wild randos awhile ago. Congrats on landing them both!

Mystic and Valor are typically on top here. I'd argue Valor has a bit of an edge at times as a fair few of the most frequent players are under that umbrella. Instinct shows up from time to time and sometimes makes an effort to stage a (brief) mass takeover lol. Gym turnover in the downtown area is normally pretty swift, but more out-of-the-way areas and/or areas off the beaten path can contain the same Pokemon for a few days. For example, two out of three gyms at one of the parks rotate frequently, but one isn't as accessible to thru-traffic and doesn't flip more than 2-3 times a week on average.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Managed to get two shiny male nidorans, and one of them with really good stats too, so that was nice. Couldn't find any females though, unfortunately.

The male shiny is nicer though so that's cool

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx I think you mixed up comments to me and Anti there. You might want to edit and/or cut and paste that where it's supposed to go...

But to answer your question: yes, that is from a movie. It's about a famous Dutch gangster/drug lord from the 70s and 80s, so the title of the song is aptly chosen and/or applied.

As we speak, I'm kind of rediscovering Intwine myself, seeing as I previously never bothered to look beyond their top 40 efforts. Here's a link to their official channel, so you can find out some more for yourself as well, possibly adding some more favorites to your playlist. I just now found out that they even made a promotional song for the first Assassin's Creed game as well, and also a cover of a Metallica song, which might interest you too.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Well between the last comment I made and this one, someone went through and took all 4 gyms I was talking about. Lol so that happened.

Maybe it's someone on this site. XD

Blooper987

I have an.. interesting question. How do you guys think an invisible character would work in a fighting game? I’m trying to think how this could be implemented while still being fun and not OP or trash😂.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Zuljaras

@Blooper987 I remember that Reptile in Mortal Kombat 3 had a move to make himself invisible

The funny thing is that the oponent and YOU can't see him. Still that gives you a little advantage as the oponent has to look at your gamepad to see if you are jumping for an attack etc.

It was funny but it was not permanent.

Anti-Matter

Guys, i found something interesting when i was playing Evoland 2 PS4.
Untitled

Don't you think all those 5 dudes very familiar to you ? 😂
Can you name all those dudes by numbers ?

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Blooper987 Besides the example that @Zuljaras already gave, there was also a game from Team 17 on the Commodore Amiga back in the day, called Body Blows, which was basically their version of Street Fighter 2, and it had a character simply called Ninja, which could also become invisible:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

Oh sweet, long weekend. I've loved you so. But back to the work grind tomorrow.... At least I'll be working from home for the time being, so I won't have to rush around as much first thing.

Today's the nicest it'll be for awhile (50/50 sun and clouds, temps in lower 50s) before temps REALLY nosedive overnight, so I hit some nearby trails for about an hour. I had some decent shiny luck in Pokemon Go today. I found a random shiny Goldeen, then later I finally found a shiny Psyduck! I've been searching for the latter for ages!

@Eel Agreed, male Nidoran's shiny form is nicer. And it looks cool through all stages!

@ThanosReXXX D'oh! Thanks, fixed that. There was some copy/paste action involved there. That typically happens when I need to change pages when constructing replies lol.

A movie based on a Dutch gangster/drug lord huh? What's it called?

Thanks for the Intwine YT link, I'll likely check out more of their music selection while working this week.

@Heavyarms55 All I can say is, it wasn't me! I'd like to visit Arizona just to say I've been, but I can't pull off driving there and back THAT fast. XD

Funnily enough, I was complaining about my Gorebyss sitting in that out-of-the-way gym, and it appears it was finally knocked out. That only took...~40 days?

@Blooper987 I noticed your post related to My Hero's One Justice a little bit ago. As interesting as it would be, I have no idea how Hagakure would work in a fighting game. XD Honestly, she hasn't really done much in what I've read of the manga yet. Currently in the middle of the training camp arc.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Blooper987

@Tyranexx she doesn’t do much in the anime either so far. Pretty sad cause she’s one of my favorites so far. My Hero Academia doesn’t really do that good of a job giving equal character development to each of the student from class 1-A. She has one of the most interesting quirks so far and I think if they gave her a focus it would turn out to be pretty interesting. But at this point I don’t think they’re gonna do that, which is a little disappointing. 😕

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Tyranexx

@Blooper987 They do seem to try to divvy out some character development to (mostly) some members of classes A and B so far, but yes, it isn't very consistent. Too, that's 40 characters total, not including the teachers lol. (Aizawa is awesome!) So I can understand why there are inconsistencies, and I've accidentally run across enough to know that more character development occurs for other characters. Haven't caught up that far yet lol.

Toru does seem like a nice, cheerful character, and her quirk is certainly interesting. Though I have wondered more than once how she passed the entrance exam. I suspect she must have fairly decent combat prowess, what with her invisibility working in her favor.

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Someone was listening to us! I bet it's @Eel or @ThanosREXXX !!!

Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go alone!
Take this.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic