Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,381 to 47,400 of 48,102

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea, its definitely worth your time( and time you'll need lol).

I dont blame ya. Take your time if your backlog is built up. Oceanhorn 1 was solid. Nothing ground breaking but worth the price..especially when its on sale so often.
@MarioLover92 glad to hear you're doing well. Good news during these times rjays for sure. Based on what I heard its about 10 hours long! That's about what I'm at right now haha. The story is good so far. There's one character i absolutely love but im sure he's hated by most. Hes kind of outlandish and wild but it works compared to the others, and thats sylvando. When you meet him you'll know it lol

NintendoByNature

ogo79

@App
hey whats up?
didnt know you had backloggery
i added you.

doom cereal
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

WoomyNNYes

Hiya, @ogo79! App hasn't been on since they said goodbye in the goodbye/vacation thread.

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League (platinum1 3v3, gold3 1v1), Splatoon 2
Would pay handsomely for Geoguessr on Switch

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx They're really not much easier to obtain. Not really. There's a bunch of people who seem to think they are, because of all the people who hack or spam use exploits to get them. But for those of us who play mostly legitimately it's still significantly difficult. Yes, post XY they're twice as likely, going from about 1 in 8000 to 1 in 4000 base odds. But 1 in 4000 base odds are still extremely rare. Looking at multiplayer, you'd think they were really common, but many people fail to understand that there are both a lot of cheaters among the fan base, and among legit players, we want to show off our favorites.

The rarity has simply gone from outrageous to somewhat more possible.

I've managed to build up a reasonably sizable collection. But I've played literally thousands of hours over the last 20+ plus years. As a result, I can put together a reasonably coherent competitive team of all shiny Pokemon. And I do like using my shiny Pokemon whenever I can. I know mine are pretty legit, and that's good enough for me. And I like seeing other people show off theirs too. Except when they are all hacked. That still bugs me.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MarioLover92

@NintendoByNature Yeah that's what I heard too, the demo being about 10 hours. So far I enjoyed what I played!

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
My AC:NH Island: D-World
Switch Username: MarioFan92

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 I also really like a lot of the original Looney Tunes episodes as well. Same with Tom & Jerry. Classic Western cartoons along with anime have cemented my love of animation well into adulthood. I don't understand why some consider it to be a medium only fit for children. /shrug

I didn't get to see a lot of the Disney shows outside of what migrated over to the local ABC station on Saturday mornings, but I did have some exposure to Ducktales through some old VHS tapes I used to have. I'm pretty sure I've seen Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers and Goof Troop in passing, but I didn't have normal access. We only had local channels at home until my parents got basic satellite programming when I was in high school.

@NintendoByNature Haha, it better be! HLTB doesn't list it as a short haul. Which I'm fine with as long as I'm enjoying a game and it isn't too grindy.

On Oceanhorn: precisely. I can usually wait until most digital games go on sale before snapping them up, especially some that go on sale every few months.

@Heavyarms55 I knew the odds to get shiny Pokemon were move favorable, but only 1 in 4000? I thought I'd read that this number is more favorable in recent games, but only under certain conditions. My memory is foggy on the exact details though.

I can definitely see the difference between those who actually put in the work and those who cheat. I suppose the latter speeds up the process, but IMO it would be more rewarding (Not to mention, ahem, legal) to actually hunt for and/or breed what you need.

Outside of some obvious scenarios with really rare Pokemon, how can you tell a shiny Pokemon has been hacked? I'm pretty sure I received a hacked shiny Typhlosion via Wonder Trade a few years ago in either Sun or Omega Ruby. I bred it to get a normal Cyndaquil for my own use and then traded it on as I was uncomfortable owning it. Some would call me nuts, and I did consider keeping it, but....

Currently playing: Secret of Mana (CoM/Switch), Pushmo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Eel

If you got a shiny from wonder/surprise trade it's probably either...

Hacked. These usually come with urls as the name or trainer and are little more than spam.
Or
Cloned. Probably from a previous generation with easy cloning glitches.

I myself once caught a legit shiny celebi, cloned it a few times using in-game glitches in Crystal, and sent a few on wonder trade in Pokemon Moon

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

@Eel you can see if it's from an earlier game at least. Gen 5 and earlier has no symbol, gen 6 a pentagon and 7 a sort of rounded cross thing.

Could be legit and some jerk wonder trading away his brother's pokemon. Lol

@Tyranexx you can get much better odds with the shiny charm and the masuda method of breeding. About 1 in 512 doing that. Still very rare, but doable.

Eel

@Heavyarms55 earlier Pokémon have “it traveled through time and space to meet you” or something like that in the information tab.

Once Pokémon go is fully supported in Pokémon home, we can also expect to see an increase in shiny surprise/wonder trades during Community Days, I’d say.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Heavyarms55

@Eel Oh yeah. I forgot about that detail.

And yeah, I am sure some people will surprise/wonder trade some community day shinys away.

I just had a great idea! If PoGo integration comes before Christmas, then I will send some out Christmas eve, hoping some kids get them.

Eel

That'd be a nice thing to do. Might do it as well.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

kkslider5552000

So I just found out something bizarre about Sega in the late 90s. The last Sega Saturn game released in North America was in November of 1998. The Sega Dreamcast came out in September of 1999.

Did Sega literally just do nothing in North America for 10 months? And yes this includes 3rd party games, not a single video game was released for the final 10 months on the Saturn, before the Dreamcast, in North America. I even looked into the Game Gear and Genesis even to see if they maybe kept on like the NES did after SNES was already out. Genesis got 1 game in 1998, so I'm guessing, not so much.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

TheFrenchiestFry

They abandoned Saturn really quickly

They had a 3D Sonic game in development unrelated to Xtreme for it but it got quickly cancelled and concepts from it were directly implemented into Sonic Adventure. It was actually going to be an RPG game

One of the remaining assets from the RPG game was actually Sonic's 3D character model they ended up using for the Sonic World hub in Sonic Jam

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

kkslider5552000

Yeah, but its still bizarre. There were at least a handful of games released on a disc for Wii U in its last 10 months before Switch, let alone any downloadable games. Saturn literally put out nothing, from no one at all. Like you kinda need to still have games, if only to keep your brand's name out there in some form until a real success happens.

But to be fair, this is the same company that thought releasing the Saturn with no warning would be smart business in the first place.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

TheFrenchiestFry

@kkslider5552000 All it took to instantly decimate the Saturn was a Sony PR guy walking onto a stage, saying $299 and walking off lmao

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Lindhardt

I mean, I bet if Sega didn't ruin the launch in the US it would have sold better. A lot of retailers refused to carry it when it was announced it was selling early, so while $299 didn't help, I'm sure it would have sold better if Sega wasn't Sega

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Portal 2
3. Hollow Knight
4. Fallout 4
5. Persona 4: Golden

Vinny

I can't believe Razer is selling official car ears for their headsets. We truly live in a society.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tyranexx

Another week down. Thank goodness. Internet rounds now, then a nice shower, some manga, and some Untitled Goose Game.

@Heavyarms55 Ah, that's right. I forgot about the Shiny Charm! I've heard of the Masuda Method, but never have used it.

@Eel Good idea on those Wonder Trades. That's better than just transferring my extra Cday shinies in PoGo.

I used to mess around with the Emerald cloning glitch and trade away my copies until it went horribly wrong. I lost a Lv. 70 Groudon to it.

@TheFrenchiestFry I've been dying to ask...Are you REALLY the Frenchiest?

Currently playing: Secret of Mana (CoM/Switch), Pushmo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx Yeah I've always enjoyed animation too. As I've previously mentioned, as a kid I watched a lot of Disney movies, as well as stuff like Cartoon Network shows. I've watched quite a bit of anime, too. The most recent anime that I have watched were My Hero Academia and Black Clover - I was on vacation last year and one of my cousins introduced me to MHA, and we watched most of the first season throughout. I've seen the first four seasons so far and I've enjoyed what I've seen.

And yeah, you're totally right - animation isn't exclusively for children. South Park pretty much proves it. XD

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
My AC:NH Island: D-World
Switch Username: MarioFan92

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | Twitter:

BruceCM

Vinny wrote:

I can't believe Razer is selling official car ears for their headsets. We truly live in a society.

Cat ears, right? I'd have to say some of the headsets with those do look really good, though! Not going to bother buying any myself

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic