Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 47,361 to 47,380 of 48,102

Zuljaras

Today I made another ring out of boredom from all the working and studying for my love.

Untitled

Look how good it stands on my hairy hand!

Zuljaras

Octane

@Eel I've only done Totodile and Elekid so far, and currently doing Phanpy.

I fear the Sunkern run more...! Hoppip gets Sleep Powder + Leech Seed, Sunkern gets neither.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

WoomyNNYes

Anyone that want's to see, NASA is streaming their attempt to get a sample of asteroid Bennu with the OSIRIS-REx probe (200 million miles away). The point is to return the asteroid rock sample back to earth, if successful, it will get back to earth 2023, I think? @Ryu_Niiyama @Octane (Octane, you seemd to like science stuff, so I tagged you, just in case)

EDIT: Dangit. NOW they just said there will be no images/footage in this stream. Images will take hours to be compiled and will come much later tonight. False alarm. They fooled me, good. There will only be info updates as it happens at 6pm eastern US time. NASA=tricksters

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League (platinum1 3v3, gold3 1v1), Splatoon 2
Would pay handsomely for Geoguessr on Switch

WoomyNNYes

@Octane Oh BOOOO, they just said we won't get images until much later tonight. Kind of a false alarm. So, no actual footage during the stream. NASA fooled me good.

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League (platinum1 3v3, gold3 1v1), Splatoon 2
Would pay handsomely for Geoguessr on Switch

Octane

@WoomyNNYes Well, that's kinda a given. I didn't expect any live footage to begin with.

Octane

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 I still don't have a normal shiny Vulpix - it's one I've definitely been hunting - but I did hatch a shiny Alolan Vulpix awhile back. I love shiny Alolan Ninetales!

@WoomyNNYes Weather and geography definitely influence what appears in the game. Sunny, cloudy, rain, wind, fog (rare here), snow, etc. make certain types more likely to spawn. Grass and bug Pokemon are more likely to appear in wooded areas whereas electric and steel types appear more in urban areas. Then there are some Pokemon exclusive to certain regions of the world.

Depending on where you are, what events are going on (as Pokemon can rotate or appear more often during these) and if you don't meet anyone with a Pokemon not in your region, a small handful of Pokemon are hard to get. Eel likely has access to Maractus, for example.

Probably the rarest Pokemon I've caught outside of an event is Carnivine. IIRC it only appears in the southeastern US. I was in the Carolinas a couple of years ago on vacation and caught one.

Currently playing: Secret of Mana (CoM/Switch), Pushmo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Vinny

What would be a good starting point for playing the Ace Combat series?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Heavyarms55

Man, I've been replaying Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and I've dropped 40 hours into this game again like it was nothing! Time is flying by while I play it just like it did the first time I played it. This time around all the DLC is out, so new blades and quests and such so it's a mix of new and revisiting for me this time. I'm having a blast with it! Although my backlog is glaring angrily at me.

@Tyranexx Oh wow! Now that's another great shiny! Very nice! I watched aDrive on YouTube breeding one for competitive before we knew about the DLC bringing the Hidden Ability patch to the game? He ended up hatched something like 3 or 4 over several thousand eggs before he got one with the hidden ability. I can never hear about shiny Alolan Vulpix without thinking about that now.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Thanks! That aDrive guy sounds very dedicated; I never got too into shiny hunting in the main games due to how time-consuming it could be, and for competitive even? That takes a ton of patience! Sounds like he had fun with that endeavor!

I still have XC2 backlogged. I do hope to get to it...at some point! The problem is the Switch is starting to become my de facto JRPG machine, and yet I'm still doing some cleanup in my 3DS library on that front....I'm intentionally picky about which JRPGs (especially long ones) that I do pick up, but there are so many decent ones. I also have, to name a few, Ys VIII, Dragon Quest XI S, Octopath Traveler, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 waiting in the wings.

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Shiny hunting is a big time sink. I've hatched a good few but hunting for a shiny with its hidden ability is particularly hard because until this new DLC drops, there's no way to give a Pokemon its HA if it doesn't start with it.

When I hunt I use the manufacturer method and do it while watching a streamer or something because it doesn't require my full attention. For arrived, he chats with his audience while he does it.

As for JRPGs I understand being picky. Even short ones tend to be 50 hour commitments.

Eel

I am subbed to aDrive. I get the feeling that he tries a bit too hard to be a "cool youtuber" type, but he uploads various types of pokemon content, which I enjoy.

On Saturdays he also organizes "shiny egg saturdays" events on twitch. Last time I participated, I ended up with a shiny Arrokuda, and got word that one of the Larvitar eggs I sent ended up being a shiny too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

It's been a while. Wanted to check in and say hello to everyone. Hope you're all doing well.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

I'm officially old. I showed the kid I've been baby sitting and helping with the learn from home stuff, the first episode of Pokemon. It first aired on September 8th 1998 in the US. Now I'm an adult and showing it to a kid who was born well over a decade later. Feels so weird.

I just realized, my dad did the same with me, showed me the shows he watched as a kid too.

Anyway, Pokemon TV has an absolute ton of episodes for free to watch on their website (at least in the US, not sure about elsewhere) and to my utter shock, no ads! When I saw that it was free, I thought it would be commercials like every 5 minutes, but nope, not even Pokemon related ads. Very nice!

Eel

Well the show itself is an ad if you think about it!

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Jeez, when you put the original Pokemon episode into perspective like that...I do feel old. That makes me think of when my mom introduced me to some of the Hanna-Barbera cartoons. I still love watching some of those lol.

Yeah, the Pokemon anime was basically an ad. I fell for many of the multimedia crazes as a kid. Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Monster Rancher, Mega Man NT Warrior (based on the Battle Network games), Medabots....I fell out of some of these over time, but I still quite enjoy a certain Blue Bomber, Pokemon, and Digimon.

@NintendoByNature Hey, long time no see! How's DQ XI going?

@Heavyarms55 Outside of intentional breeding and hunting in some older games, I never really dealt with shinies much lol. Some lament that they're easier to obtain, but I'm fine with that. It likely preserves some time and sanity.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea, its been busy! Dq11 has been fun. Nice and relaxing, graphically its appealing and everything. Im about 10 hours in. It might be one I finish in early next year since AoC will be here in 4 weeks. I also kind of want to grab oceanhorn 2 ūüėč

NintendoByNature

Vinny

Guys, just think about this concept: Kirby but he has an angry expression and has "Damaged" written on his forehead. The youngsters will love it!

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Glad you're enjoying it! I still need to play XI, but the Dragon Quest games I have played were very enjoyable. If online impressions are anything to go by, it's definitely a keeper.

I'm still gonna wait a bit on AoC. Still need to look into the Oceanhorn games; I've heard the first one was pretty good!

MarioLover92

Recently I started replaying A Link Between Worlds. Was in the mood for a Zelda game and I missed playing it back in 2013, so there ya go. I wonder how much heart pieces/upgrades I can find on my own. I'm replaying Super Mario Galaxy 2, as well.

@Tyranexx Oh that's cool your mom introduced you to those Hanna-Barbera cartoons, I remember seeing reruns of them (and Looney Tunes) on Cartoon Network way back when I was like 10. I vaguely recall seeing a few Disney cartoons from the 80s and 90s as well. But I had way more memories with those Disney movies we had on VHS. Previews included. XD I do remember seeing Goof Troop and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers (and I think DuckTales - I still remember the theme song from way back when) though.

And yeah, I totally remember those anime you've mentioned too. Especially Pokemon and Digimon. I saw some episodes of Mega Man NT Warrior as well. Oh and as a kid, I watched a lot of Sonic X during each and every Saturday morning - that was during my Sonic phase. XD

@NintendoByNature Doing pretty good, just staying healthy. I really need to finish that DQXI demo. lol

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
My AC:NH Island: D-World
Switch Username: MarioFan92

Let me know if you've added my Switch friend code by replying to my comments.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic