Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,121 to 34,140 of 96,507

ThanosReXXX

@Sunsy I also drink a couple of cups of tea before going to bed on week days, but in the weekend, I gotta have one of my few guilty pleasures...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Sunsy

@ThanosReXXX Indeed. Nice to see I'm not the only one who drinks tea before bed.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

Note to self: Do not let your guard down when the topic only moves a few posts on a Friday. Apparently the normal denizens more than make up for it on a Saturday. XD I swear I haven't been neglecting the forums, the last few days (and tomorrow) have been/are/will be just plain busy.

The good news is that I finished off mowing this evening with an impromptu invite to a neighbor's bonfire. Got a nice burger and some Mike's Hard Lemonade as a reward for finishing my lawn. ^_^

@ThanosReXXX The effectiveness of recycling here kind of depends on the size of a community in my experience. I live near one of the larger towns in the area, but it definitely isn't the size of what many would call a small city. Many larger communities/cities/major cities here do have more solid programs. There's currently some investigation into more county-wide programs vs. the charities and some business that offer limited versions of recycling right now, but there are still a lot of things for them to dodge and weave through IIRC. I haven't paid as much attention to the progress as I should lately, but there are some fees and additional work involved that everyone needs to sift through. Yay to bureaucracy and the democratic process! XD

Concerning processed foods: I do eat cheese a few times a week but do keep an eye on the ingredients. I do like my dairy products, but I don't eat nearly as much as I used to normally. (Which used to be too much at times) When I do have processed meats, it's usually the once-in-a-blue-moon side of bacon, ham, or deer sausage when it's in season. Funnily enough I'm not into most other sausages these days anyway besides smoked sausage; this is actually made during my dad's family's butchering process by hand, so at least I know where it comes from.

@NintendoByNature Happy birthday sir! I hope you're enjoying your long-awaited romp through Koholint Island.

@Zuljaras And another happy birthday! Enjoy your SNES Mini. I picked one up earlier this year; it's definitely seen a lot of use already.

@bimmy-lee Happy late b-day to you as well! I hope that you and Mrs. Bimmy enjoyed your full day together. I also hope you were able to go through that haunted attraction. Part of me hopes Mrs. Bimmy is the jumpy type, because you don't hit me as the sort that easily gets unnerved. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Zuljaras

@Sunsy Probably Super Castlevania 4 but I remember from my childhood Bram Stokers Dracula this game has amazing soundtrack.
@ThanosReXXX I would definetely check this out as the hacking of the Nintendo mini consoles is not as straight forward as the PS1 mini. Thanks!

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX I've been there for 13 months. Worked on food since September 22nd 2018. So it'll be weird doing something similar yet different.

My manager said he's pushing me up as FMCG already requires lightning speed, I can split 2 pallets of our stock to be worked in the time it takes one person to work a mere trolley of it, and then work most of it myself. Plus I already did a little bit of this job when Easter ended, and I started to Christmas Confectionery changeover with the initial bulk stock.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NintendoByNature

@Sunsy @Tyranexx @ThanosReXXX birthday was a success. My wife secretly invited my buddies over. So it turned into afternoon of beers and pizza. Needless to say I had a little too many, not over the top, but more than I've had in a while. Ended up forcing myself to play through the 1st dungeon of links awakening when i really wanted to just sleep. But I waited so long I just had to play. I may have gotten through most of it with 1 eye open, but i was successful nonetheless. šŸ˜‚ appreciate the kind words from you guys and everyone else.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@StableInvadeel - Glad you got your accessory situation straightened out. That all sounded kind of shady. Especially when you mentioned Amazon was selling the Lite at a big discount just a week after they launched.

@Sunsy - Thanks! Had a fun day celebrating yesterday. Iā€™m not a big birthday person, but 40 seemed like something to celebrate. May I say, I always appreciate your cheerful contributions to this thread. Have a great day.

@Zuljaras - Happy birthday. Hope you enjoy that SNES mini. I love mine, but I havenā€™t added any games to it.

@Tyranexx - Had a great day, thanks! We absolutely went to the haunted house, and it was spectacular. I havenā€™t laughed like that in a long time. My wife is super jumpy, and she was using me as a shield the whole time, just shoving me right at anyone who came our way. They got me good once with a jump scare. We were in what felt like a ā€œcatch your breathā€ room, but the back wall was actually a black curtain and a giant animatronic clown head came shooting out of the curtain with a loud noise and a huge blast of air. Almost screamed.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

@StableInvadeel - The only thing Iā€™ve pre ordered on Amazon is Little Golden Books for my kids, haha. I would not expect them to behave this way though. They built their empire on loss leading and reliable fulfillment. The price cut on the Lite is most baffling. I remember Amazon France was trying that a few years ago with the Switch, and Nintendo cut off their supply.

@NintendoByNature - No problem, thanks man! Sounds like you had a real nice day. Hope you get a chance to play LA with both eyes today. Itā€™s great.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

SheldonRandoms

I was Mr. Voorhees for two nights. First night hardly anyone came since they probably thought it was "Christmas taking over surrounding months" or something. The mask fit on my head, however the jumpsuit didn't, so the first night Mr. Voorhees had a short sleeve shirt on. The following night saw actual people coming without 30+ minute wait times. Instead of staying by the shed or whatever, that time I ran (really fast walked) after some girl who got stabbed by Mr. Voorhees. My costume was just pretty much the same but with long sleeves. All and all, hopefully I remain as Mr. Voorhees since NO LINES!

Now the money will start to rev up like in my Mega Man avatar (which I don't know where I found the patience to create that in the first place) for a new phone. People keep saying why not just get a new one with the funds I already have, and to that, uhhh, idk, this role suddenly came into my sights when my old phone had another one of it's lousy storage space, so I just went with that.

Also, Happy B-day/Belated B-day!
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

ThanosReXXX

@Sunsy I always find that drinking tea in the afternoon or late at night is good for relaxing, and of course some extra fluid intake, to stay hydrated. I also sleep better when drinking tea before going to bed.

@Tyranexx Yeah, I can understand that recycling either isn't as big or as organized as over here, nor will it be the same in every country, but that doesn't mean that it's a bad or useless thing, in and of itself, like @NEStalgia would like to make us believe...

As for snacks/sausages, besides the ones mentioned earlier, I also always have a small supply of chorizo sausages. They are a great snack to combine with a drink on a Saturday night.

@Zuljaras Well, I never bought the PS1 Mini, because of all the bad reviews surrounding it, so I wouldn't know how easy it is to hack, or how much easier it would be compared to the SNES Mini, but personally, I had no problems whatsoever with adding games to my SNES Mini, and it was done in 10 minutes or so, maybe even less, and as long as you follow the instruction to the letter, I believe that anyone can do it.

Right now, I'm waiting for my Sega Genesis/Megadrive Mini to arrive. I pre-ordered it several weeks ago, and already paid in full, to make sure I could get my hands on one. I wonder how easy it will be to add games to that system, if at all...

@Knuckles-Fajita I'm sure you'll do just fine. A little bit of confidence never hurt anyone.

@NintendoByNature You're very welcome.

@bimmy-lee Ha! Kinda relieved to see that I wasn't the only one who forgot. Makes me feel a little less forgetful, and also doesn't make me have to blame my age for not remembering...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Currently I added SNES and NES games but I still have trouble running Genesis games on it. I did everything but I guess I need some BIOS files as well.
As for the Sega Genesis I am on the fence since I can play all the Genesis games on the SNES Mini. Probably for collection factor later on.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - You know, I think we get better when we age. Even if our stats dip in certain areas like short term memory and the ability to hold things without dropping them; weā€™re leveling all the other categories and making ourselves OP. I wouldnā€™t expect anyone to remember anyway. Itā€™s not typically something I bring up, but it was kind of a milestone one, and I discovered it was close to NBNā€™s and we both got LA as a gift. Iā€™m in on a chorizo sausage snack plate and a rum and Coke!

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Have you checked out his videos on adding RetroArch and the relevant cores? That'll probably work.

But not for me. As mentioned before, I want to keep all my systems pure, so no NES games on the SNES Mini, and no Sega games either. Besides: I already have a NES Mini, so there's no need to, and the same obviously goes for the Sega Mini. The thing for me is also the controllers and the look and feel. Sega games or games from any other console on a SNES replica just feels wrong to me. Guess I'm a bit more of a purist, where retro gaming is concerned. Even though I did also softmod my Wii, and put just about every system under the sun on there.

But strangely enough, I hardly ever use that for these games. Guess it was more the thrill of completing the mod and filling the box and getting everything to work as smoothly as possible, and now that's done, it's just sitting there. I only play Wii and GameCube games on it, like most Wii owners probably would.

@bimmy-lee Well, we gotta make that a reality some day, then!
Agreed on the rest. Personally, I feel like I'm a lot more laid back and much easier able to put things in perspective, and be more patient with things. Although online, I sometimes feel a lot like my younger self, and the opposites of those traits will arise every now and then, and depending on my mood, it's sometimes pretty hard to keep them in check.

Tyranexx

So I see where Anti was banned again? Sad but understandable. The dude isn't a bad guy and has a lot of joy and creativity to bring here, but the extreme views when it comes to certain games does need worked on.

@NintendoByNature No prob! Totally get the "I need to sleep but also want to play games" feeling. I dealt with it last night; I finally had some game time but was so exhausted from my day that I had to call it quits after about half an hour. A telltale sign is when my head is starting to nod and reading becomes a chore. XD

@bimmy-lee That. Sounds. AWESOME! I'm not normally a jumper, but I likely would have at that lol. A lot of your reactions sound like what I typically do in a haunted house; I just smile and laugh and enjoy the show! (It does help if one or more people in your group are chickens, however. )

And the wife apparently doesn't mind using you as a classic meat shield.

@ThanosReXXX I definitely don't believe it's a bad or useless thing. There are some pros/cons to it like about everything else, but the pros outweigh the cons in my book.

I don't believe I've had chorizo sausage outside of Denny's, but the stuff I've had I've liked. I don't dislike sausage, it's just something I don't eat very often.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@JaxonH Hey man, sorry to drag you in here, but I'm kinda hoping to get your opinion/view/advice on the whole Wii U softmod thing. It's not for me, I've already got the Wii softmodded, but an acquaintance of mine asked me if I wanted to give it a try on his Wii U, so he dropped it off here. It's a pre-owned one, so I'll probably have to factory-reset it to get rid of the existing profile that's still on there first.

Now, I've looked into the most mentioned and used guide (Wii U Hacks Guide), so I've come to understand that there's two ways to do it, apparently, one where the end result is having to run some exploit every time you boot up the system, and the other a more permanent mod, which involves first buying a Nintendo DS Virtual Console title, and then using that as an exploit.

I'm going to guess you probably opted for the second option, but I'm not about to buy a game for someone else, because the only way to do that, would be with my profile on it, which would also be useless for him in the end, so I should probably first get my acquaintance to make a Nintendo account (he never owned any Nintendo system before), and then go from there.

Oh, and another thing: how did you go about having both Wii/GameCube and Wii U games on there? Or did you never bother with Wii U and/or Loadiine (and/or a large SD card to dump games to or install them from)? All I've read so far, is that it's impossible to make a two partition disk, where one part is readable for the Wii U, and the other in vWii mode.

I do already have the portable hard drive, so I'm good for vWii, and I downloaded this tool called Ustealth_R8, to make the drive invisible to the Wii U, so that it's only recognized in Wii mode and doesn't nag about a drive needing to be formatted every time when booting up to the main Wii U menu, but any other useful bit of advice that you could give me, would be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble.

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx I don't really indulge in it that often either. Usually only on Saturday's, when I make a small plate for myself, with some cheese, chorizo, cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes (to balance out the fats in the cheese and the sausage, and they all go pretty well together) to have as an accompanying snack to my Bacardi & Coke.

Tyranexx

I had to cancel some afternoon plans due to a friend being ill, so the rest of my day has freed up. Nothing crazy, she's just slightly under the weather. We're already planning on going to see the new Joker movie on a later date. XD

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Tyranexx I don't really indulge in it that often either. Usually only on Saturday's, when I make a small plate for myself, with some cheese, chorizo, cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes (to balance out the fats in the cheese and the sausage, and they all go pretty well together) to have as an accompanying snack to my Bacardi & Coke.

I have GOT to try this delightfully-sounding food and drink combo at some point. That said, I'm quite satisfied food-wise for today. For my belated bday lunch, my family took me to my favorite pizza place about forty minutes away. While I mostly behaved (they run a brunch + full buffet on Sundays) and didn't indulge TOO much, their pizza is quite filling.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic