Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,141 to 34,160 of 96,531

JaxonH

@ThanosReXXX
So... second option is best. That way you don’t depend on the Internet each time because you never know what’s going to happen with the Internet. Permanent is best. And the game is cheap. Like $5-10 iirc. Well worth the price of admission.

I never bothered with modding the actual Wii U portion. Just the Wii OS. It would’ve been neat but it also would have required a lot more work and research (actually performing the mods is never that hard, It’s the research needed to get it right and obtaining the correct files and all that jazz that’s a pain), not to mention that requires an Internet address hack, or hosting your own server, and personally I just don’t want to deal with any of that. Plus I already own all the Wii U games worth owning. The only thing that could really be gained from it is controlling the gamepad in the Wii OS, Which admittedly is a pretty cool feature but, frankly I just don’t use the system anymore. Or the 3DS (which I never did upgrade to Bootstrap from A9LH).

However, I think I have a solution for you. I never used a hard drive for all my GC/Wii Games. I used a 256gb SD which was just the right size to fit them all (plus SNES, GBA, Genesis, etc). It takes a little work to get it set up so that it reads off the SD, but it can be done. When you’re doing the mod you’ll reach a point where you have two choices- one allows both USB drives to be used in back, while the other, I believe, only allows 1 USB but, allows playing from SD as well. And that’s the option I went for. I still have a hard drive plugged in the back with all my Wii U games that I purchased.

So that’s the route I’d go. I think it requires installing certain cIOS a certain way as well, and it bears mentioning I got usbloadergx working where it recognized both GC and Wii from the SD, but I do recall it being a little bit of a hassle since it wasn’t the route most people chose and thus it wasn’t the route described in the main guide, at least at the time I did it. I recall using two guides in tandem, where are the second guide mentioned all this stuff about playing from SD instead of USB, etc etc.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

ThanosReXXX

@JaxonH First of all, thanks for the quick reply. Figured as much, concerning which mod to choose, but had to be sure, especially since it's not for myself, so I do need to have the best/simplest option. Other than that, the guide I mentioned was pretty straightforward, except for how to use drives and/or SD's, so good to have that info from someone who actually did the mod.

As for not modding the Wii U portion: from what I've understood from the guide, that can't be escaped, seeing as at the very least, you'd need to add the exploit and/or homebrew app/launcher to the Wii U menu to be able to hack the vWii part of the console. So, I figured that if that has to done anyway, might as well put at least one Wii U game on there. Or maybe two, because more probably won't fit, seeing as it is a white model.

The program I mentioned (Loadiine) seems to be pretty easy to use, and there are dozens of "Loadiine-ready" dumps to be found on the web, but I can understand it wouldn't be interesting for you, if you've pretty much collected everything you want already.

EDIT:
I'm also suspecting that you're thinking of Cemu, instead of Loadiine. The latter is just an app that allows you to dump discs to SD and then install them to internal memory, as if you've digitally downloaded them, so no server or whatever required.

As for the bigger SD card: I won't be the one paying for that, so I'll have to pass that on to my acquaintance, and see what he wants to do with it. GameCube and so on probably won't be for them, though, so I would probably only need an SD card for the initial softmod and backup of the system memory/NAND of both the Wii U and Wii, so anything from 8 to 16 to 32 GB will probably suffice.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

JaxonH

@ThanosReXXX
I was referring to Loadline. As long as you don’t turn the system off you’re fine but the minute you power it off and back on you have to launch an Internet browser that routes through a certain address you set it up with. You also have to block Nintendo and all this other stuff if you want to play it safe. I’m sure it’s very straightforward to use but I only deal with permanent hacks that don’t require Internet, don’t require blocking Nintendo, don’t require hosting your own server on your PC to launch the hack with, etc. now maybe they’ve made progress with that since I was looking into it a few years ago, but the only permanent hack that was around at that time was a little risky and required quite a bit of extra steps. And if the game in question ever got deleted, I think it could brick your system or something like that. But ya, maybe they finally figured out a way around the browser hacks each time you power off.

In any case, you don’t have to do anything to the Wii U to mod the vWii. Well, there’s the DS game but it’s not providing access to anything in the Wii U OS, just the vWii mode. Once everything is done you’ll never have to touch it, just tuck it away somewhere and forget about it. As I said, my Wii U is not modded, yet my vWii OS is hacked 7 ways to Sunday. If the guide is telling you that you have to do Wii U first then I would find another guide that focuses only on vWii. Unless you actually want to hack the Wii U. Then by all means. But it’s not required. I just launch the vWii mode, then launch HBC or usbloadergx

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

ThanosReXXX

@JaxonH Ah, yes. There's that: having to prevent the Wii U from auto-updating games by manually changing the DNS addresses, but far as I've understood, that's only a one-time thing, but I'll double-check to make sure before I ever get into that part of the mod.

As for the site: would you mind checking it, to see if we're talking about the same site you used, or at least one of the sites that you used? It's literally just called "Wii U Hacks Guide", and if you remove the space between the u, and add dots in between wiiu and hacks and guide, then you've got the address of the site.

Or if you Google it, that should be the first result that comes up. I came by that site, because it's the one recommended on GBAtemp, so apparently it's now seen as THE guide to follow for Wii U/vWii softmods.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Ninfan

Why did anti- Matter get band

Ninfan

JaxonH

@ThanosReXXX
Yes.

And the other is the Definitive vWii hacking guide, which I’d recommend reading through simultaneously. Best to get it from two different sources to help fully understand what you’re supposed to do and make sure you get all the information

Heavyarms55

Wait, Anti-Matter got banned? I'm away from the site for a couple days and I missed so much apparently. What happened?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@JaxonH Will do, thanks for the tip.

@RedderRugfish Yeah, I already figured it would be. Otherwise, the people from GBAtemp wouldn't be recommending it as the guide to follow, but it never hurts to double-check, right?

@StableInvadeel For a second there, I thought you were actually serious about why Anti got banned...

Sunsy

Saw my brother this evening, before he left he told me "I will beat you next time in Mario Kart." Nice to know he's been practicing.

@Zuljaras Cool, Star Fox was the first game I played on the Mini, just to play Star Fox 2. From my Childhood, Home Alone and Super Mario Kart. I got a SNES for Christmas, so my mom rented them to see which I would like. Sometime after that she surprised me with Super Mario Kart, though I did like both games.

@NintendoByNature You're welcome. Sounds like a great time too.

@bimmy-lee You're welcome, glad it was fun. Aww, thanks for that complement.

@ThanosReXXX Indeed, me too. Tea does help me sleep better too.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Heavyarms55

The comment sections are gonna be weird going forward without Anti's obligatory "I don't like 18+ games".

I nominate @ThanosREXXX to now comment on everything with some specific issue. Doesn't matter what - just gotta be consistent, even when that issue isn't on that thread. lol

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Eh? You want me to be a replacement Anti-Matter?

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Not a replacement, a successor! The new guy who isn't part of the website but pops up in almost every comment section. I believe in you! You can do it!

First NintendoLife, then PushSquare, then THE WORLD! All shall know whichever opinion you decide to tell everyone regardless of whether or not they asked!

Or you can just be you and brush off my nonsense.

HobbitGamer

I nominate Pineapple as the subject of contention

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 You probably couldn't even begin to realize how much of an almost alien concept it would be for me to be like him. There's SO many things in which I differ from him, I don't even know where to begin.

In fact, he's different from most of us, seeing as he suffers from a version of Asperger's, so he falls into the autism spectrum, and I think it's pretty safe to say that most of us can't even begin to understand what that's like. Might also be partially responsible for some of his extremist views and expressions, who knows.

Either way, had you known me in real life, you'd probably never even have come up with this idea in the first place, but I won't hold it against you.

I have imitated his behavior a couple of times before, but that was only to pull his leg a bit, and it only stays funny for so long, so I could never do that for prolonged periods of time. I'll just be regular old Mad Titan me, which by the way is also someone who will NEVER go to PushSquare unless absolutely necessary and/or tricked into doing so, as @NEStalgia will be able to confirm. I absolutely despise any and all things Sony, rabid fanboys and the whole scene surrounding the console included.

But my sentiments don't stem from the video game world, but from having been burnt by them as a company, multiple times, over the years, which is something I'd rather forget, so I won't bother you with the sad details, but suffice to say that I'm completely done with Sony.

On a side note: Anti really isn't that bad of a person. I just think that there's a combination of factors contributing to his sometimes rather extreme views. Besides the aforementioned Asperger's, his background, coming from Thailand, where censorship is more strict and some liberal Western things are frowned upon, might also have to do with it, and then there's of course his personal taste, which is also rather outlandish, compared to most of us.

Either way, even though he sometimes annoys me, especially when I'm having a lesser day, I do try to mostly look the other way and/or just shrug off whatever weird thing he posts next. Reacting to it only creates more negativity, after all.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer That would be a tough one for me: I could never get mad at pineapple.

That pineapple song, though...

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Well, like I said, that's only funny for so long, or for every now and then, but doing that for long periods on end would probably do my head in. Well, either that, or it might make me question my taste in all those 18+ games that are "total and utter hell suck". Or something to that extent...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

Pen pineapple apple pen?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic