Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,101 to 34,120 of 96,298

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, I'll see it when I'll see it. I've also seen the other two on regular TV with quite a few months in between, and far as I'm concerned, they fall more into the category of curios/curiosities, so not really on my "must-see" list, meaning I'm not gonna pay for it to watch it on demand or stream it, or something like that.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Sunsy

Quiet day today. Not up to much aside from a few chores and playing Untitled Goose Game on Switch and Smurfs on 3DS. Had a great time playing Goose Game, the experience made me laugh too many times. How's everyone doing this afternoon?

Also, happy birthday @NintendoByNature and a belated one to you too @bimmy-lee.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ThanosReXXX

@Sunsy Well, seeing as it's already around 11pm over on this side of the pond, I'm well into lazy TV and sports night, accompanied by a Bacardi & Coke and some tasty snacks...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy It's going all right for me. Been doing some college work and playing Link's Awakening, though I got stuck in Eagle's Tower. Excellent remake, by the way!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@ThanosReXXX Sounds like a very nice evening.

@MarioLover92 Cool, one day I should try to pick it up. I remember Link's Awakening DX was the first Zelda game I ever played.

@Zuljaras Happy birthday, and what a great surprise, have fun with that!

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ThanosReXXX

@Sunsy Well, it's decent enough. All that's missing, is some female company...

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras That's certainly a nice surprise. I've really enjoyed the system so far, especially ever since I added more games to it.

Haruki_NLI

So in the biggest string of coincidence known to humanity.... I got promoted. Well, the company doesn't see it as one, but our store kinda does. It's an unofficial one but is the first rung on the management ladder.

All because my current supervisor got promoted up from the position, she got replaced in the role by someone from the food team, she is now leaving, so I'll be leaving my spot as Senior Food Staff to go fill that role.

And it's a beast of a job too.... Want an area of the store changed? I'll be doing it. Monthly promotional aisle/ends changed? Me. Parts of the store aren't making enough money from upsells. I fix that.

I start in at most 1 week it seems. The incumbant leaves next weekend and I'll move over when they are satisfied I can be replaced...and they are looking to replace me with two people...yikes.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Sunsy

@ThanosReXXX Still nice regardless.

@Zuljaras You're welcome. Which SNES game did you play first?

@Knuckles-Fajita Congrats!

HobbitGamer

Audit prep, had to work today, just catching up.
Happy belated, bimmy.
Happy current NBN & Zul
Congrats Knuckles, you deserve it

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Nice! The first time I played Link's Awakening was on the 3DS Virtual Console. I enjoyed it, but there was a bit too much item swapping for me (though I understand it was the limitations of the Game Boy back in the day). My first Zelda game was A Link to the Past and it's still my favorite one.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I played Link's Awakening on GBC, I remember it was fantastic looking for a GBC game. Yeah, I think that was a downside as there was only two buttons. I have one of the Oracle (Seasons, just checked) games on my 3DS, never had the chance to get Link's Awakening on 3DS.

I remember playing A Link to the Past on GBA first, the one with Four Swords, which I played with a good friend I went to school with. I haven't played the SNES original of that, I do have it on the SNES Mini.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras And of course, congratulations. Forgot to mention that earlier. As for adding more games to your SNES Mini: I would strongly recommend watching the YouTube channel 8 Bit Flashback. I also used his videos to hack my SNES Mini. I've watched several videos before I did, and I've found his videos to be the most elaborate and easy to follow, so you might want to look those up.

He has made several videos about it, one of which is titled "DEMO Add 200 + games SUPER EASY! to Super Nintendo Classic Edition!" and the other, slightly more recent one is called "Add 300+ Games NOW! To your Super Nintendo Classic Edition".

Although it is actually possible to add that many games to a stock SNES Mini, I would strongly advise against it, seeing as it will also mean that you can't use save slots for all the games. I myself have brought down my collection to around 85 - 90 max, which leaves enough space for at least one or two save slots for every game.

Personally, I didn't add NES games, because I wanted to strictly keep it a SNES console, but that's everyone's personal choice, obviously. And there's the added benefit of NES games being considerably smaller, so you may be able to add quite a few of those. I'd say keep the amount of SNES games to around 60 - 70, and then you should be able to at least add around 30 NES games, and still have enough room for save slots for all of those games.

@Sunsy Oh, absolutely. I just mentioned it as being an extra and very nice bonus, as people who actually do have the pleasure of having female company on a Saturday night will probably be able to confirm...

@Knuckles-Fajita Congratulations, man. Well deserved, far as I'm concerned, since it's been a long time coming, what with all the bad stuff that's been happening over the past, two or even three (?) years.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature You're welcome. Hope you had a good one. (raises glass to monitor)

Sunsy

@ThanosReXXX I understand. Meanwhile, I'm just planning to have some caffeine free lemon tea. That's what I usually do in the evening.

@NintendoByNature You're welcome! Hope it was a good day for you today too.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic