Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,081 to 34,100 of 96,530

Eel

@bimmy-lee he's... Banned?

If that's the case I'm afraid it was not me, he'd have to use the contact form and ask himself.

Edit: I just checked and he's not banned at all.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@StableInvadeel - Thanks for looking into it. He’s unable to post comments, and believes he’s banned. He showed me a screenshot of an error message when he tries to post, it says his account is unable to post comments at this time. I’ll let him know there’s no official ban keeping him from posting. Thanks again.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Eel

@bimmy-lee as far as I know, a banned user won't even be able to log in, so it's probably some other problem, tell him to just try again or contact the admins if the problem persists.

Bloop.

bimmy-lee

@StableInvadeel - Just sent him a message. I think it’s midnight where he’s at, so he’s probably asleep with a 3DS on his face.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I would have to say "only in America" or at least probably so, to your last point, about hoarding trash and how to dispose of it, because over here, it's much easier and organized, from the looks of it.

As for recycling not being useful, I beg to differ. It's much like being that one person, who doesn't think that it matters if he either throws that crumpled bit of paper in his hands on the street, or actually holding it and waiting until he sees a trashcan, so he can get rid of it in the proper way, because he thinks that everyone's doing the same, and as such, his small bit of decent behavior isn't going to change a damn thing.

But of course, that's total and utter BS, and only a way to mitigate/downplay one's own bad behavior.

Things HAVE to start somewhere, and it has already been proven that just dumping ALL waste on the same heap and compressing it to be able to add another layer and so on, and so on, isn't really going to be the way to go forward. And even though garbage dumps and landfills do still seem to become bigger, they're also becoming more organized and categorized, or modernized, if you will, with plastics and such removed and being processed again into materials that we can once again use.

Of course, the process of doing that also produces waste/pollution, but not nearly as much as leaving all these plastics in the ground to affect and/or poison everything in the immediate surrounding and by affecting the ground water, ultimately also ending up in areas further removed.

And trees naturally turning into paper? Yeah, right...
I'll grant you the first part of that particular bit of the paragraph, because a lot of fuel and/or electricity is used to process the ingredients, as with many other products we make, but you cannot make any kind of usable paper without at the very least cooking and softening the fibers, so water, electricity and some kind of fuel to heat the water will always be needed, whether or not we cut up the tree mechanically, or just leave it to rot away on its own. Imagine having to wait for a tree to do that: it's going to be a LONG wait until you'll finally be able to process the remains into a notepad...

As for the whole weapon thing: all true, but that wasn't my point. All I said was that compared to chemical warfare, nuclear warfare isn't nearly as old-fashioned as you seemed to make it look. Whether or not one is more precise or has more variety than the other, is completely irrelevant, but I guess that's what you get when you enter an already ongoing discussion, so my bad on that part, but my point was ironclad, so there's no getting around that, except when you subsequently get segued into those other two points, the initial point that I made either got overrun or overlooked.

On a side note: I'm pretty sure that nukes have also gotten far more precise in more than one way, and personally, I don't consider stuff like what's happening with individual poisonings, such as how the Russians and North-Koreans like to use to dispose of dissidents, as actual warfare, but more as a personal reckoning or payback for what they consider to be treason. You can't compare that to dropping a nuke, or any kind of bomb, really. So for me, that's a bit of a skewed comparison.

And if you keep that in mind, then there truly aren't that many different variations of chemical warfare, because by and large, the most common ones, such as I mentioned earlier, are still used (nerve gas and mustard gas), and then primarily in middle-eastern countries and such.

@BruceCM Well, I never said arguing, but as mentioned above to NES, I only really ever had one point to add to it, my own two ironclad cents, and for the rest of it, I kinda got segued/dragged along into points that weren't really relevant to what I had to say about it, because the fact that one is more precise or has more variants of it, doesn't change anything about the fact that one is still older than the other, and that was basically my only point.

To be totally clear: I wasn't offended or meant to offend, but I also wasn't entirely on board with how the rest of that conversation went, so that's why I thought it would be better to just step out.

@bimmy-lee Sounds like a problem I once had. Tell him to empty his browser's cache, and also delete all cookies relevant to Nintendo Life, that should do the trick.

P.S.

Isn't it your birthday today?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

As an update, be was indeed banned. Not sure why, but the mod tools showed him as active when I checked earlier.

Sorry for the wrong information. @bimmy-lee

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Really? Kind of sad, though. He really isn't a bad person, and he's quite creative as well, but for some reason, he's never been able to get rid of that specific bit of extreme behavior that he sometimes displays where it concerns things and/or games that he doesn't like. You'd think that one would be able to at the very least keep that in check, especially as he has already been banned before, probably for the same reasons.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Yeah, absolutely. I really hope for his sake that he gets the message, and permanently, this time.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I’ll let him know, thanks. From the screenshots he sent, I thought maybe it was some type of communication error over being banned, but you never know with ole Anti. It’s been going on for days, and I’m afraid he has a lot of pent up energy about mature games that he needs to release. Hopefully he’s found a healthy venting space. Maybe dance those frustrations away with DDR.

My birthday was Wednesday, but it’s NBN’s today. He finally gets to wander around Koholint Island after a week of gazing at his gift wrapped Dreamer’s Edition with the same kind of whimsical desire as a child during Christmas season.

Edit - I’ll let him know, thanks @StableInvadeel . He sent a form, so I’m sure he’ll find out soon enough. He’s still logged in and receiving mentions (turns out he didn’t fall asleep with a 3DS in his face), but he obviously can’t post.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Ah, darn... and I was so trying to remember to congratulate you on the actual day...
Oh, well... better late than never, I suppose? Either way, congratulations, my friend.

@NintendoByNature Happy Birthday!

@StableInvadeel Erm.... personally, I don't scare that easily, but I'm pretty sure that most people would not put "relaxing" and "snake" in one and the same sentence...

bimmy-lee

I got all of my parenting and adulting done this morning, and I have nothing to do but have fun with my wife and pretend we’re young again, which means I’m going to feel suuuuper old tomorrow morning.

limby-bee was a jerk.

BruceCM

Happy birthdays to all....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee As long as you don't try and do anything overly acrobatic, you'll probably be fine...

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Ah, got lost in the shuffle a couple times, thanks man! Just popped the top on a Schlafly Coconut Cream ale. It’s delightful. Gotta start light and moderate to make it through the plans.

Speaking of acrobatic, I finished the 50 Shades thrillogy last night. It doesn’t end on a high note, the second movie was my favorite of the three. My wife ultimately felt cheated that she didn’t get a single peep of Christian where it counts in three movies. Not even a glance. It does seem like they could have worked it in there during seven hours of screen time, especially given the base. Ah well, the world is a cruel place sometimes.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Ah, well. Views were fairly equal, far as I can remember. At least, I don't seem to recall having seen any peeps or glances "where it counts" for us men, either. Although of course men's bare chests often times don't count as the same thing, for some weird, sexist reason...

I'm not quite sure if I'm going to thank you or berate you for telling me about your experience on the third movie, seeing as I haven't seen that yet, but on the other hand, I never expected all that much from any of the movies, because I always expected them to be decidedly softcore and mainstream, especially compared to the books.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Good point there, we do tend to have a strange equation method. Without knowledge of the books, the third movie does wrap up some dangling storylines from the first two movies, but the scintillation is lacking. If you’ve seen the first two, you should definitely finish it up some time, but this movie was a bit lacking where it counts when compared to the first two in my opinion.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Eel

Sorry to interrupt the discussion about dangling bits.

Just updating my Amazon hori situation. I ended up cancelling all the accessories and ordering them from Amazon US instead. Not only were they actually available, they're also cheaper than my preorders.

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic