Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,061 to 34,080 of 96,503

bimmy-lee

@SheldonRandoms - You should spend the day swinging a yellow sleeping bag stuffed full of watermelons at a tree.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Yeah, recycling is pretty useless if you're the only one in the area trying to do it. Over here, we've got a row of separate containers on the other side of the street that I live in, so all I need to do is go out the door, cross the street and then there's four containers for glass, plastics, cardboard and organic waste.

As for food: I completely agree with your assessment there. Besides the odd burger at Mac or Burger King, I mostly don't eat any processed foods at all, other than cheese, bacon and sometimes I like some kinds of meat paté, on bread or on toast.

Other than that, it's also mostly chicken and fish for me. And sometimes turkey filet, for variation. One of the few exceptions is when I make pasta sauce: that just HAS to have ground beef/minced meat in it.

In winter time, I do make my own meatballs, or I make stewed meat, or I get a smoked sausage from a specialized butcher that still works according to traditional methods, so I know the meat is not processed or manufactured on some kind of production line.

Also fully agreed on the point of people not forcing their diets on others. I'm perfectly fine with others only eating humus and seaweeds, but don't try to make me join you. I'll live my own life, thank you.

@BruceCM Same goes for nukes, my friend. They made the public believe that some type of disarmament has taken place in the late 90's, or at the very least a reduction, but I have a strong feeling that they've only moved them from one place to another, undisclosed location. And then there's all these weird satellites in the air, over half of which are only meant for spying and/or military purposes, so who knows what's up with those.

Some can probably also be used to remote control weapons. No need to drop stuff from planes anymore...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BruceCM

Since they probably had 10 times more nukes than needed to obliterate the whole world, @ThanosReXXX They probably did reduce it to 2-3 times! Not like such a reduction actually means anything There are only 2 possible basic sorts of nukes, fission & fusion. Whilst there's probably 10 times as many variants of biological & chemical weapons than used to be

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Ah, I'm going to leave this topic alone. You're not going to win me over, and I know I have a couple of valid points, some of which you're also missing entirely. Better to give it a rest, then.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Oh bioweapons may have been used since the dark ages (Great Pestilance entered Europe as a siege weapon of infected corpses and cows via catapults by Mongols at a major trade fortress in the middle east that was the crossroads of east/west commerce. It went back to Europe through there.) But the modern take on such things would be far more targeted, specific, and controlled as a weapon with an expiration clock than just lobbing a virulent disease that wipes out your own forces just as fast. There's really no need for big, messy, sloppy nukes beyond waving big sticks around. They destroy the land for decades making victory kind of hollow. Next time around, population centers will be the targets of WW3.

Recycling is mostly pointless to begin with. For metals it makes sense since there's only so much of it in general. Plastic they use more petroleum to recycle it than the retrieve from the recycling. Glass is beach sand and isn't an especially scarce resource, it's just about "unmaking the glass" more than about recycling it. (at the cost of tons of petroleum....) And paper literally grows on trees....we burn petroleum to turn tree fiber to pulp or ash, even though it decays naturally on its own fairly quickly and grows back naturally if only they just grow more trees instead of building more corporate parks and "senior living centers". It was the 80's feel good fad that got way too carried away for its own good (because there was big big big money in it!)

Meanwhile things that ACTUALLY should be specially disposed of involves hoarding trash for a year, loading it into a car, driving 40 minutes away with it, waiting in line for 2 hours in an idling car, filling out bureaucratic survey forms by a private contractor on a government contract, then finally disposing of it, once per year. And you have absolutely no ability whatsoever to dispose of it without doing that.

NEStalgia

Eel

Ok amazon is now being just plain mean.

Not only did they never send the accessories I preordered, which is holding me from actually using the Lite, now, just one week after launch, hey have the Lite on a lighting sale for like a hundred dollars less. (Keep in mind I live in Mexico, its original price here is closer to 300 dollars).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Didn't think we were exactly arguing, @ThanosReXXX .... Ultimately, we agree on the parts that were really relevant to the original point Which was only that we're still quite likely to wipe ourselves out in some massive war, whether with nukes or other WMDs
Whether or not the big countries did reduce their numbers of nukes, each still has more than enough of them

Agreed, @NEStalgia; that's why the major powers almost certainly wouldn't start nuclear war But with every despot having them, there's plenty of those who could do that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

HobbitGamer

You good fer nuthin sonuva gun! Now I have to get someone else before that creepy girl climbs out of a well.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia You cannot reach that higher level of reasoning without the lower level first. What you suggest sounds like expecting someone to be able to do algebra before learning arithmetic.

We are products of our enviroment we learn right and wrong based on our surroundings and situations. Without guidelines or rules everything degrades to survival of the fittest. If there is no penalty for killing you and taking your things and mercy is not lauded as desirable, how is one to know that doing so is wrong?

Even kindness is learned behavior.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

DenDen

Who is p playing the new mk?

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Happy birthday pal. The wait is over or minimal now. In a sign of solidarity, I didn’t play LA last night right along with you.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee haha thanks dude. I appreciate you going through this tough time with me. We're still just lounging around at this point. When I catch a free moment I'm going look thru the art book, Have a cup of joe, and prep myself for a nice little journey. And Thanks again for remembering.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - No problem. Enjoy your day. My parents are picking up our kids in 20 minutes for a sleepover, and my wife has a full day planned for us, including... a trip to a haunted house ( @Tyranexx )! It’s storming right now, so the plans could change.

@StableInvadeel - Sorry if this is indelicate, but Anti asked me to ask you how long it will be before he can post again?

limby-bee was a jerk.

Roronoa11

@Ninfan The new Mario Kart Tour game app on Android and iOS. Haven’t downloaded it and played it played yet though....

Nintendo History🎮: Game and Watch> Original Game Boy with Tetris> GBASP (NES Edition)>DS Lite,Wii>2010s=3DSXL (Super Smash Bros. Ed.🇪🇺)/New 3DSXL (SNES Ed.🇯🇵) Feel free to add me, just lemme know👍🏾

3DS Friend Code: 1564-4860-7165 | My Nintendo: Sebastian | Nintendo Network ID: euroseb11

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic