Zen Studios has revealed that it will be giving Nintendo Switch its very first taste of Star Wars action in the form of Star Wars Pinball.
The game will feature 19 digital tables for you to enjoy, has features exclusive to the Switch, and will even benefit from a physical release for anyone who loves to collect new games for their shelf. Check out the tables you'll be playing on:
19 TABLES CELEBRATING ALL ENDS OF A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY
Tables cover an amazing breadth of stories from the Star Wars galaxy, which
fall into five different categories:
• Movie Adaptations: Episodes IV, V, VI, VII and VIII; Rogue One: A Star Wars
Story; Solo: A Star Wars Story
• TV Adaptations: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels
• Characters: Han Solo, Darth Vader, Calrissian Chronicles, Boba Fett, Droids
• Locations: Ahch-To Island, Battle of Mimban
• Themes: Jedi versus Sith in Masters of the Force, X-wings vs. TIE fighters in
Starfighter Assault, being the villain in Might of the First Order
So, what about those Switch exclusive features? Well, in addition to HD Rumble and vertical play, you'll also find all of the following available:
• Galactic Struggle: Every Star Wars Pinball player in the galaxy will choose
to follow the light or dark side in a perpetual online digital tug-of-war
between the forces of good and evil. What is your destiny?
• Career Mode: Designed with short on-the-go gameplay sessions in mind,
this mode challenges you to complete very specific pinball-based missions
across all 19 tables.
Choose the path of the Jedi or the Sith as progress through 50
career ranks. Some missions involve mastering awesome Star Wars-themed
minigames that might be difficult for some players to access
through regular play, such as piloting an X-wing or TIE fighter or
fighting Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel.
• Force Powers and Talents: Collect Holocron Shards during missions to
unlock Force Powers and Talents that yield special in-game bonuses when
activated, such as multipliers, slowing down time and more.
• Cantina Jukebox: Collect the greatest tunes in the galaxy as you play each
table. Once you’ve heard a song, you can listen to it any time you like.
Players can expect to compete against others online in Galactic Tournaments, League Play and high scores achieved through Single Player mode. The game arrives on 13th September and will be available on the eShop and in stores.
Are you a Star Wars fan? Will you be picking this one up? Let us know in the comments.