Nintendo of America has posted a job listing on its careers page seeking an "experienced manager" who can help grow and develop Nintendo's online subscription service on the Switch. The position is based in Redmond, Washington at the company's American headquarters.
Below is a description of the role as well as the required duties:
"We are looking for an experienced manager who can lead and drive Nintendo’s online subscription service. This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to help grow an emerging part of Nintendo’s core business and lead a cross-functional team of stakeholders across the organization to align on priorities and execute with excellence. This role will be responsible for managing the Nintendo Switch Online (NSO) operations and drive the program priorities, execution, and business objectives."
- Establish the key objectives and goals of the Nintendo Switch Online service that will support the overall priorities of the business.
- Establish key KPIs, metrics and analytics to evaluate the performance and progress of the program on an on-going basis.
- Responsible for the definition, planning, communication and execution of initiatives related to the program that will drive the program to reach and exceed objectives and goals.
- Responsible for articulating scope and deliverables initiatives to key stakeholders across the organization – Marketing, Legal, Finance, Consumer Service, Strategic Communications, as well as others.
- Collaborates with and garners support from key stakeholders to ensure program initiatives are executed timely and with excellence.
- Communicate program performance, opportunities, and strategy to key stakeholders, including executive level management.
- Identify and lead the resolution of issues or barriers to the program/product goals.
- Closely partner with Marketing leads to develop product positioning, messaging, and content for the consumer Supports and drives NSO marketing initiatives and programs
- Closely partner with the product development team to drive the product roadmap and ensure delivery of the best service possible to our consumers.
- Work with our parent company in Japan to drive global initiatives and provide a two-way dialogue regarding service performance and feature enhancements.
If you want to be in with a chance, you'll need to have the following skillset:
- Japanese language fluency highly desirable
- Six plus years of related program/project management, specifically related to managing a consumer product or service – subscription service experience highly desirable
- One to two years of supervisory experience
- Enthusiasm for technology and gaming a plus
- Proficiency in project management tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence) and familiarity with reporting tools (e.g., Tableau).
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (including Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
Are you glad to hear Nintendo is hiring a manager to help grow the NSO? Tell us below.