Roughly a month ago, Minecraft: Wii U Edition received a fairly substantial update where a new multiplayer competitive arena mode was added in. A few updates followed to fix issues with this, among other things, and it's been several weeks since the last update was pushed out. Now, a new update is due out sometime this week, which appears set to add a little more content and fix some niggling issues.
The patch is expected to arrive either today or sometime this week. Most notably, it's adding another Battle Mode map pack, along with a new skin pack. There are some other bug fixes included, here's the full list of what's being adjusted:
- Added Battle Map Pack 2 (Atlantis, Ruin and Siege).
- Added the Redstone Specialists Skin Pack.
- Made changes to some item textures in the City Texture Pack, Fantasy Texture Pack and Greek Mythology Mash-up Pack, so that they are more easily identifiable in Battle mini games.
- Battle Mini Game: Fix to display player names above crouching players when in Showdown mode in a Battle mini game.
- Battle Mini Game: Fix to allow thrown potions to go through non-solid blocks (e.g. Vines, Tall Grass).
- Battle Mini Game: Fix to stop non-solid blocks obstructing player attacks.
- Battle Mini Game: Fixed a couple of holes in the Cove Battle mini game map.
- Battle Mini Game: Fix to remove all Mob heads from the player's inventory, except any that are currently being worn, when transitioning from the Lobby to a Battle mini game map.
- Battle Mini Game: Fix to automatically replace Mob heads in the armour slot, when a Helmet is collected in a Battle mini game.
- Battle Mini Game: Disabled "Take Everything" in the Lobby.
- Battle Mini Game: Added Select All / Deselect All tooltip(s) to the Select Maps menu.
- Fix for an issue with hills generation.
- Fix for an issue causing some Blazes to not perform their attacks after becoming aggressive towards the player.
- Fix to allow renamed items to be traded with a Villager.
- Fixed a duplication bug.
- Fix to remove the redundant option for creating White Wool within the crafting menu using 1x White Wool to create.
- Fix for an issue where a Pig struck by a lightning turns into a Zombie Pigman without a Golden Sword.
- Fix for an incorrect death message when the player is killed by lightning.
- Fix for some issues with achievements (including Passing The Time achievement).
It's nice to see Mojang continuing to support the Wii U version as needed; hopefully this will continue long into the future.
What do you think? Have you been enjoying Battle Mode? What would you like to see in the next update? Share your thoughts in the comments below.