This Retro City Rampage Map Should Be Handy If You Get Lost

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Well, it looks nice

Retro City Rampage remains one of the most chaotic titles available on Nintendo systems, with the DX version performing well on the 3DS eShop and Vblank Studios' Brian Provinciano recently providing a sales update on the WiiWare version. It's still short of hitting the required sales threshold on the Wii that will see the developer receive revenue, though following that update there may have been a few additional copies picked up as some show their support — it was a Nintendo policy dropped for the 3DS and Wii U eShop stores.

For those still getting into the game, Provinciano has used his authorised Miiverse account to post a link to a rather handy world map, showing the size of the game world.

Even if the map isn't hugely useful to everyone, it's attractive and gives a sense of scale. The related page on the official website also has individual images for 106 areas and interiors, which are a treat for the eyeballs.

Are you a fan of Retro City Rampage, or planning to pick it up in future?

[via retrocityrampage.com]

Related Games

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

I am going to begrudgingly buy this game on Wiiware because it would be nice to prove him wrong about making any money. I would have bought a Wii U version ages ago.

I still think the Wii Shop Channel has some better features than the Wii U eshop. Buying 1000 points for £7 is still less painful and time consuming than the 50 menus of the eshop.

NodesforNoids

NodesforNoids said:

Wii Shop's points, blocks, and difficulty organizing SD cards is a major reason I'd hoped Nintendo would allow late releases like RCR to be ported easily and freely to the eShop.
I could almost guarantee he'd double his sales in a month on Wii U.

dumedum

dumedum said:

I played it on Wiiware and loved it. He also yeahed one of my posts, good guy.

NodesforNoids

NodesforNoids said:

Over the Wii version that is.
Heck, I don't see why he couldn't sell a couple thousand copies.
Higher definition, Gamepad w/ off TV play. I'd drop another 5$ to get it for Wii U as well.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

wow that's way smaller than i thought it would be. now i will definetly wait for a pricedrop for the 3DS version.

audiobrainiac

audiobrainiac said:

@6ch6ris6 Honestly when you're PLAYING the game it really feels endless and confusing. I wouldn't let this pic stop you. Great game and well worth the money.

Plutonian

Plutonian said:

I grew up playing the original top down GTAs, and am still very fond of them. I was hoping for a Wii U release, but I'll probably end up getting it for Wii.

FragRed

FragRed said:

@Plutonian I just bought a PlayStation and am seeking out original GTA for it. Not keen on GTA 2 mind.

I have yet to buy anything from Nintendo's WiiWare or eShop simply because I am worried that if my system breaks I lose everything. I may have to buy it on another system or my PC.

Link506

Link506 said:

This game looks great, but what makes it rated T? Other than the killing people part, it looks like it should be rated E 10.

dumedum

dumedum said:

@FragRed that makes no sense. In the unlikely event a simple procedure will save you or at worst fixing your console. You really care that much about a game you can finish in a few days.... The Wii version after the 3ds version is pretty much the definitive version and plays great on the classic controller.

theberrage

theberrage said:

@FragRed "I have yet to buy anything from Nintendo's WiiWare or eShop simply because I am worried that if my system breaks I lose everything"
You probably won't lose EVERYTHING. However, my system had to be repaired and they wiped it clean. Some games (like Donkey Kong Country) were no longer available to download. They did give me credit for those games but I would have rather had the games that I purchased back. The idea that what you purchase will always belong to you is 100% FALSE.
@dumedum Have you ever used Nintendo repairs? They lack any respect for your property or game progress. They will wipe everything off of your hard drive including saves. They even deleted all of my Mii characters including family and friends who have passed away so thats a real bummer. I always took enjoyment of seeing them randomly while playing certain games. Another time they sent my Wii back to me literally disassembled and in pieces. I am refering to NOA repairs btw.

dumedum

dumedum said:

@theberrage that's very disconcerting to hear. Sorry to hear that. No, I never used them. I still think it's a crazy reason to not download RCR.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

@dumedum He replied to me on Facebook after I told him about the article on Nintendolife and that I'd bought the WiiWare version as a result. He seems like a very fan-centric guy (unlike some other developers I could mention...) and I wish more were like him :) He doesn't hold any grudges or ill will towards Nintendo either, which makes a pleasant change.