Out Today: Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Europe)

Posted by Darren Calvert

Triple the fun

It's great being a Nintendo fan in Europe these days isn't it? Nowadays we normally get games at the same time as our cousins across the pond. Not so in the case of Kirby: Triple Deluxe, however — how dare NoE make us wait an extra two weeks for the loveable pink puffball? Only teasing, what's a few weeks between friends?

Kirby's first solo adventure on the 3DS brings attractive visuals, new power-ups, clever use of auto-stereoscopic 3D and two sub-games to enjoy. We described this as a "pleasant package" and gave it a recommendation in our Kirby: Triple Deluxe review.

If you are tempted to buy this from the eShop instead of on a cart, it will cost you £34.99 or €39.99. However, those that buy on the eShop receive a free code for Kirby's Dream Land 2, so it's hard to grumble. If space on your SD card is a concern we can tell you that the Euro version of the game will take up 4820 blocks (588 MB) on your SD card.

Will you be buying the latest Kirby instalment? Let us know in the comments below.

Incarnadine

Incarnadine said:

Poor Europe. You guys get it for 40 Euros/Pounds, and we get it for $35. That's roughly $55.

WiiULoveSquid

WiiULoveSquid said:

Yay Europe Region! GET THIS GAME! because I love it even after thinking I wouldn't based on the NL review. So far the platformer on 3DS that has absolutely charmed me the most.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

@Kiz3000 I bought my digital copy of Mario Golf World Tour through GAME's website, which did save me £5 but didn't reward me the free GBC virtual console Mario Golf download.

Frapp

Frapp said:

Definitely getting this game...when it drops in price. I find it increasingly difficult to justify paying £25 to £40 for games any longer.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I'm definitely going to get it, but I'll be waiting for it to hit around £15. I enjoy Kirby games but don't think I've ever really loved one.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

Definitely the best Kirby game I've played in quite a while. You guys need to get it!

Chubblings

Chubblings said:

The game arrived in the male today. Unfortunately, I have to play it later today because I'm doing the Pokémon X and Y International Challenge today.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Frapp I agree for 3DS games. Quite willing to pay £30 for Tropical Freeze though. Less work should equate to less cost. (Same with multiplatform).

Frapp

Frapp said:

@LunaticPandora
I shall. Kirby games don't tend to hold their value for long in the UK. Until then, I've got a considerable game library to entertain me, and the extra cash alllows me to pick up any bargains that I find.

VIIIAxel

VIIIAxel said:

I got my copy on Saturday (I live in North America, but was late on this one. I got it with extra money after trading games in to Gamestop to pre-order Mario Kart 8), and I'd definitely recommend this one. It's easily one of my favorite 3DS games so far. Not that that's saying much, since I only have a few.