Become The UK's Best Mario Kart Family, Win Real And Impressively Proportioned Trophies

Posted by Andy Robertson

Thanks to our friends at Family Gamer TV

There’s an argument in many households all around the world over who is really better at Mario Kart. With the upcoming release of Mario Kart 8, this domestic contest is only going to get hotter. To help settle the debate once and for all, Family Gamer TV has set-up its own Mario Kart 8 Family Championships.

Four families are needed to enter this friendly competition and prove themselves top of the Mario Kart pops. Each family will be filmed in their heats and the winner will go through to the grand final. While the joy of winning should be more than enough reward, there are some rather fantastic (and heavy) physical Mario Kart trophies for the top three places.

Taken from Mario Kart 7, the trophies on offer are the turtle-inspired Shell cup, the huge Leaf cup and royal-styled Special cup. Just be warned, you may need a reinforced shelf to store them on, as these things are substantial and heavy.

To take part, send an email to editor@familygamer.co.uk and express your interest in taking part. The competition is only available to UK residents.

Family Gamer TV will publish each of the rounds in the coming weeks, culminating in the grand final, complete with a full F1 commentary from Team VVV's Alan Boiston. Fancy your chances, or do you know another family who could? Share this news with them and the UK will be one step closer to finding its best Mario Kart-playing family.

smikey

smikey said:

It's a great idea & I'd love the trophy but the wife to be is average at best at mario kart & the kids are aged 3 & 1 (2 weeks today) don't think I'd have much chance maybe by the time Mario kart 10 rolls around I'll be ready!

Pod

Pod said:

Nintendo's really going all out to have Mario Kart 8 be a second launch for the Wii U.

And right in time for the summer holidays too, where others are wary of releasing. Hot buttered popcorn.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

What is the number of people a family is supposed to enter because if its two I may enter this with my brother or sister.

PS4

PS4 said:

Don't live in the UK FML! O well.... Don't have shelf space atm any way,

StaticWind

StaticWind said:

Nice! I'd love to enter one, but my family would probably suck at Mario Kart. Plus, I don't live in the UK. Those trophies do look awesome, though! I have no shelf space, but I can easily make some for Mario Kart trophies. :D

HappyMaskedGuy

HappyMaskedGuy said:

By family, is there a requisite participant set? Nuclear family ie mother, father, at least two siblings?
I haven't checked the rules so I'm just going to proclaim this competition unfair and intolerant of family diversities- particularly if it excludes my right to compete as a 28 year old son alongside my parents and 19 year old brother.

Nintendo continues to attack modern family ideals.

I shall fight this in the court of Human Rights.

#LetFamiliesKart