Video: The Awesome Super Smash Wars Trilogy Has Almost Finished

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Return of the Hero

We've made no secret of the fact that we're fans of James Farr's work, having shared a number of his animated videos over the past year. His work to date has included some excellent Ghostbusters / Nintendo mashups, and his latest project has been to blend the big N's universe with the original Star Wars Trilogy.

Before now we've had Super Smash Wars: A Link to the Hope and Super Smash Wars: The Empire Smashes Back. As expected we're now onto the third film in the iconic series, with the first part of Super Smash Wars: Return of the Hero of Time now available. As expected it features Link, Mario, Peach and more besides acting out wacky re-imaginings of the film's events — you get one guess at who Wario plays.

Check it out below and let us know what you think.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Must be getting used to these b/c this one seemed a little flat. Maybe it's the source material. I think it lost me when Metaknight turned into Sonic.

Looking forward to the Ewoks.

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

Once again, another amazing video. It's funny, I was just thinking about when the next video would be out when I find this article. :D

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

Guys, if you look really carefully at the 25s mark, you can see Bowser's face in that constellation ;)

McGuire

McGuire said:

I think there was a missed opportunity to use Wart from SMB 2 as Jaba the Hutt, but I really can't complain.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Another great episode as usual! Really impressive how many sound effects and content in general he can stuff in there.

Sanguinaire

Sanguinaire said:

Looking forward to Part 2 and hoping for a prequel trilogy and perhaps even Clone Wars or KotOR episodes. But for now, this is great. Loved it!