Tengami Soundtrack by David Wise Hits iTunes and Bandcamp

Posted by Jake Shapiro

Music by the famed Donkey Kong Country composer available now

Atmospheric adventure game Tengami has been making headlines for its pop-up book art style, traditional Japanese setting, and music composed by David Wise. A longtime Rare collaborator, Wise has written the acclaimed music for hits like Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox Adventures, Marble Madness and Battletoads. Most recently, Wise worked with Retro Studios on the soundtrack to Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

With Tengami's launch on iOS in February and a Wii U eShop release in the works, British studio Nyamyam has released the Japanese-influenced soundtrack on iTunes and Bandcamp for $10. Listen to the preview below:

The soundtrack consists of 14 songs, which you can purchase here on Bandcamp or here on iTunes. What do you think? Does David Wise's involvement in Tengami make you more interested in the game? Sound off in the comments below.

Of_Folsense

Of_Folsense said:

Listening to the iTunes previews... I like it. Some of them sound like they'd fit right in to a DKC though.
I never really gave this game a look before, but I may consider it now.

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

I was already interested in this game, so this only makes me more interested. I guess it still doesn't have a release window?

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Japanese music composed by David Wise? That's cool. This game does look interesting, so I'll put it on my radar.

mystman12

mystman12 said:

This isn't my really my style of music, but David Wise still makes it sound really good! The game looks really nice too... Never would have even noticed it if David Wise wasn't involved!

GloverMist

GloverMist said:

Ooo... Sounds brilliant, I like it! Good job, David Wise! I maaay consider checking this out on iOS in the meantime!

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs said:

Some tracks somehow remind me of Darksiders 2 soundtrack which is another brilliant one.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Awesome music. Game looks boring and beautiful at the same time, not sure if I will get it or not.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

This just makes me want an official Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze soundtrack even more. Why oh why didn't they include a limited edition with soundtrack? Just waiting on a release in Club Nintendo Japan, then I can score off eBay...

Action51

Action51 said:

David Wise has become the new Yokko Kano, creating a body of amazing music across several mediums while not limiting himself to any styles or style.

Loving this preview.

ouroborous

ouroborous said:

when does the game come out? no offense but i wanna play it before i decide to care about the music..

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

I bought this game on iPad to support them, and I'm glad I did so! Such a surprising and serene game and such wonderful music.

originaljohn

originaljohn said:

I for one am very interested in this game. Played it in London at Eurogamer Expo last September. It has a great art style, makes great use of the gamepad and of course has fantastic audio.
The game play is very relaxed which works well if your hungover haha

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

Let's be honest here, aside from the first song, this music hardly 'Japanese inspired'. Still pretty good though

mystman12

mystman12 said:

Y'know, I'd love to purchase this, but... $10 seems like a little much. The game is actually only $5, so it's really weird that the soundtrack is more expensive than the game itself.

Pod

Pod said:

I was already interested, having great respect for the designer.

The composer being someone I hold in high regard as well is certainly not a drawback.