BurgerTime World Tour Meats its End on WiiWare 30th April (UPDATE 2)

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Will be half off while still available (except on WiiWare)

[UPDATE 2: MonkeyPaw Games has now confirmed that the WiiWare version of the game will not be receiving the discount.]

[UPDATE: As of the posting of this article, the discount has not appeared on the Wii Shop Channel. However, a representative of MonkeyPaw Games has said via email that the price drop should also apply to the WiiWare version. The new price may come with regular Thursday updates of the shops.]

In a world full of ups and downs, joys and sorrows, Kobe beef and pathetically shriveled little vegetable patties, people found solace in the fact that there would always, at least, be BurgerTime. Unfortunately, that time is soon drawing to a close; at least for BurgerTime World Tour on WiiWare.

According to an announcement from publisher MonkeyPaw Games, all digital formats of BurgerTime World Tour will be taken down 30th April due to an expiring property license:

It’s never easy when we need to take a game down and it is something we strive to keep up as long as possible and extend. The thing is, when working with classic franchises and retro games, it’s not always possible due to contracts and licensing.

Anyone who wants to grab World Tour before the grills shut down can pick it up through the Wii Shop Channel for half off, or 500 points, and everyone who owns the game should be able to keep right on burgering after the game is removed from the store. We didn't find it particularly palatable in our review, but the reduced price might add that extra bit of seasoning.

Did you pick up BurgerTime World Tour or are thinking of doing so? Feel free to share your thoughts on it below.

[via monkeypawgames.com]

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

I was anticipating it's release for Wiiware, because I'm a fan of Burgertime. I never got it. I'll consider buying the game, while it's my last chance.

TG1

TG1 said:

"Anyone who wants to grab World Tour before the grills shut down can pick it up through the Wii Shop Channel for half off, or 500 points"

The promotion doesn't apply to the WiiWare version - it's still 1,000 points.

TG1

TG1 said:

@TimLatshaw I just checked it on the Wii Shop - it's still listed for 1,000. As far as I know, once set, WiiWare prices can't be changed.

TG1

TG1 said:

@C-Olimar That would be cool. Every dev and publisher I've ever spoken with or interviewed have said they can't adjust prices for WiiWare/DSiWare releases. (it was one of the biggest causes for praise when Nintendo switched their policies for the eShop!) Would be nice to see things change though, even at this very late date.

Nintendojuenger

Nintendojuenger said:

The Wiiware Version has some frustrating adaptations to the PSN Version: Multiplayer, backgrounds …
As a “Nintendojuenger” I bought it on WiiWare, but I still prefer the Version on the Data East Arcade Classics.

Mystemo

Mystemo said:

I'm a fan of the original Burger Time so I'd like to try it but it was still 1000 points on the European Wii Shop when I checked earlier today. Maybe they will change it on thursday when they update the Wii U and 3DS eShop.

TimLatshawAdmin

TimLatshaw said:

@C-Olimar @TG1 @Mystemo I've finally been able to check myself, and it is still 1,000 points for me as well. Still trying to figure out whether my source confirming 500 means different things in different areas or was a mistake or what. I've reached out to MonkeyPaw and will update this story once I receive a response.

Again, many thinks for bringing this to my attention! I always want to be accurate here.

joey302

joey302 said:

The original burger time is available 2 ways...the nes version on wiishop OR the Data East retail disc which has 15 classics which of course you can also run on your Wii U.

bonham2

bonham2 said:

This is the way it should be done. Give us some notice before something is removed and offer it at a discount for one last push. I won't be buying this one, but I'm sure some people will.

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

Maybe the NES version will be quit soon. I downloaded a few weeks ago. I will go too for wiiware version.

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

#21 I agree with that. If they could announce with anticipation a lot of people could have dowload Star Parodier, Pitfall and Shangai´s Eye before it got removed.

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

I better rev up those fryers, cause i'm sure hungry for some burgers and some time........So i'm throwing burgers and watches into a fryer? HECK YEAH, MY LOGIC KNOWS NO LIMITS!!!

And all of that is codeword for "i'll check this out on Xbox Live Arcade maybe)

Uberchu

Uberchu said:

Let me know when the new piece comes into effect. Gonna DL it so i can have a Rare Wii U with discontinued game! lololol

Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton said:

@TimLatshaw The tagline is kind of misleading now, might you want to edit in "on select platforms" or something to that effect since it is full price on Nintendo?

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

Without the WiiWare version receiving a price drop as well, and considering the low review score, I see no point in downloading it.

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

Yeah... I'm just going to play the BurgerTime Deluxe on my 3DS. This game looked promising, but not all things appear the way they look.

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

I already download it. Tomorrow will be deleted. Sorry 1000 wiipoints, too expensive but it will be deleted.