Video: Treasurenauts 'Cursed' Trailer Sets The Scene

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Indiana Mudds

Renegade Kid is rather busy preparing Moon Chronicles for publication, though Treasurenauts is also coming this year. This latest retro-styled action platformer is an important project to the studio's team, and the new trailer shows fresh environments and more footage than we've enjoyed previously.

The footage includes some attractive music but also multiple characters in action, with the main man being joined by Max from Mutant Mudds and a bomb-wielding Ninja. It also shows off the Catacombs environment, in which an enormous ghost pursues the character, and the 'Mama Crab' boss pictured at the top of the article.

Check it out below and let us know what you think. Is this high on your 3DS eShop wishlist?

daniruy

daniruy said:

This Renegade Kids' guys keep surprising me. I'm sure it'll be a very good game.

ToniK

ToniK said:

This Mutant Mudds/Treasurenauts thing should be a complete franchise. T-shirts, plushies and stuff. I mean, the visual style is just what you need: simplistic, wacky and quite adorable. Go Renegade Kid!

SparkOfSpirit

SparkOfSpirit said:

So '90s. It goes back to the simpler days of gaming while still retaining a sense of whimsy. It also looks like a lot of fun.

If only the rest of the industry was still like this outside of Nintendo.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Good to see this game has at least one proper boss, the lack of any was my biggest disappointment with Mutant Mudds.

antipop621

antipop621 said:

This is gonna cause a lot of game rage. Can't wait!! I do wish the main character sprites were bigger though.

edhe

edhe said:

Nice music.

I can't believe this game wasn't on my radar though.

lividd3ad

lividd3ad said:

Looks great, hopefully it comes to Europe!

(mumble mumble unlike Mutant Mudds Deluxe mumble mumble)