Festive Monster Hunter UK Meet-Up To Include Awesome Nintendo Prizes

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Serious hunting ahead

The ongoing absence of Western localisation news for Monster Hunter 4 may be a sore point for fans of the franchise, but it's clear that the series does have a core of dedicated fans outside of Japan. We don't know whether Capcom deems that fanbase to be sufficient as yet, but nevertheless online matches can still be organised in the Wii U version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, while 3DS owners can use the portable's iteration for meet-ups and hunts with friends.

Capcom UK, for its part, organises regular community events to get fans playing together. Thanks to the wonders of social networks we rather stumbled across this, as Capcom UK tweeted some terrific prizes that Nintendo UK has donated for the upcoming festive get-together.

That takes place at The Somerset Hotel, London on Saturday 14th December. It'll include a Secret Santa giveaway, prizes for the best MH themed food that's brought along and, of course, plenty of opportunity to compete and hunt with others — the event is set to run from 4pm to 10pm on the day.

If you want to know more then head on over to the Facebook page, while the video below shows off the most recent event at Halloween. Are you interested in going along?

[via facebook.com]

Related Games

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Frank90 They won't do it until sales of the current one drop off - Bad business sense. The current ones are still selling pretty well.

Nintex

Nintex said:

I love Monster Hunter! One of my fav games of all time. I bought both the WiiU Copy and the 3DS copy; and have also bought/encouraged many of my friends to get a copy too. It would be awesome to have a MH get together where I live. I'm not begging Capcom to bring MH4 west.... I'm DEMANDING Capcom to bring it.

OGGamer

OGGamer said:

I wish this was organized around my way . I took a MH hiatus after I reached hr 150 , Also due to w101 being released and working overtime .

Metal_Slugger

Metal_Slugger said:

@JaxonH yep always refreshing going back. Its like coming home. LOL I was playing the new Mario 3d land and needed more stars to open up the castle gate on some level. I instantly thought of Monster Hunter. Man i got to go grind me some stars. :)

Ailingforale

Ailingforale said:

Lately my wife got into Monster Hunter so I've been playing quite a bit more than I had expected... not that I'm complaining.

CerberusAzdin

CerberusAzdin said:

Guys I know the people who organise these events and they do and amazing job. Its definitely worth going to every single one of them and this one in particular is their biggest one yet!