Video: Learn the Pikmin 3 Basics

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

You don't just charge, regardless of what U.S. trailers tell you

Nintendo UK has been producing a series of short videos to introduce gamers to Pikmin 3, which arrives in Europe on 26th July; it's worth bearing in mind that not all current and prospective Wii U owners will have experienced the GameCube originals or Wii re-releases.

The latest video provides some basic tips on strategy and which Pikmin to use in different scenarios. Unlike this rather entertaining U.S. advert, it's made clear that thought and consideration for preserving your Pikmin — while utilising their strengths — is vitally important.

Check it out below; you never know, you may learn something new.

rjejr

rjejr said:

If you haven't played 1 or 2 I strongly suggest 1 for it's cute whimsy and Olimar storyline (it's not that difficult, it's possible to get 3 pieces the last day if you set it up right so don't give up, or just replay a day if you didn't like how it went, the game always asks you if you want to save or not). Then 2 for it's dark and gloomy caves. I can't imagine liking 2 very much if you hadn't played 1 first.

1 more week to go (UK time, 2 more weeks for us/US), so, when's the review popping up?

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Nintendo should show these videos in America too. They are already in English and are short, informative and fun. A nice ad for the game, that is for sure.

nik1470

nik1470 said:

I'm in two minds about this game, never played a pikmin game before but the videos have caught my attention. The problem is that the gameplay looks like its a real love it or hate it kindof a game. So not sure whether to invest the time in it, but then it looks kindof cool. See two minds!

element187

element187 said:

Does anyone know if it will be 60fps ?? I'm pretty sure it will be because most Nintendo games are 60fps.

element187

element187 said:

@nik1470 I never played a Pikmin game before, but I'm going to just dive in... party because I look at it is Nintendo hasn't released a major game for the system since November, and i really would like to play a game other than a shooter right now.

and secondly, the game really does look interesting. My wife thinks Pikmin are cute and she's interested in playing it too, so I may have a new game me and the wife can play together.

Brotagonist

Brotagonist said:

Well, seems like I'll need to pick up a Wii U soon. Pikmin 2 is easily one of the best GCN games.

nik1470

nik1470 said:

@element187 my wife saw me watching a pikmin video and asked if it was a Smurfs 2 advert, clueless. But I may be able to get my daughter on board.

smashbrolink

smashbrolink said:

@Harrison_Peter

So there's unlimited days?
Then does that mean there's unlimited fruit, too?
Because if they run out of food, it's an automatic loss, so that would also act as an arbitrary limit.....