Retailers Preparing Multi-Region Shiny Legendary Pokémon Distribution Events
Posted by Thomas Whitehead
They're rare, too
With Pokémon X & Y creeping ever closer, The Pokémon Company continues to have the clever idea of promoting the new 3DS game with the previous DS games, thus successfully hyping three (or six) titles at once. As a result there's another distribution event coming to various retailers in the coming weeks, so it's time to dig out those copies of Pokémon Black & White and Pokémon Black & White 2.
Shiny versions of three Legendary Pokémon — Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina — will be available in the UK, U.S. and Canada at different retailers. As with similar promotions you just need a copy of one of the relevant games along with a DS or 3DS, and going to a participating store within specific windows will get you these rare 'mon; you'll also need to have the Pokédex within the game and no more than 11 Wonder Cards. Retailers and regional details are below.
GameStop — U.S.
- Shiny Dialga: 19th August, 2013 – 8th September, 2013
- Shiny Palkia: 9th September, 2013 – 29th September, 2013
- Shiny Giratina: 30th September, 2013 – 20th October, 2013
EB Games — Canada
- Shiny Dialga: Beginning 30th August, 2013
- Shiny Palkia: Beginning 13th September, 2013
- Shiny Giratina: Beginning 27th September, 2013
GAME — UK
- Shiny Dialga: 30th August, 2013 – 12th September, 2013
- Shiny Palkia: 13th September, 2013 – 26th September, 2013
- Shiny Giratina: 27th September, 2013 – 11th October, 2013
So, plenty of opportunities to pick these up. Will you be heading down to your local stores to try and collect these rare Pokémon?