Retailers Preparing Multi-Region Shiny Legendary Pokémon Distribution Events

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

They're rare, too

With Pokémon X & Y creeping ever closer, The Pokémon Company continues to have the clever idea of promoting the new 3DS game with the previous DS games, thus successfully hyping three (or six) titles at once. As a result there's another distribution event coming to various retailers in the coming weeks, so it's time to dig out those copies of Pokémon Black & White and Pokémon Black & White 2.

Shiny versions of three Legendary Pokémon — Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina — will be available in the UK, U.S. and Canada at different retailers. As with similar promotions you just need a copy of one of the relevant games along with a DS or 3DS, and going to a participating store within specific windows will get you these rare 'mon; you'll also need to have the Pokédex within the game and no more than 11 Wonder Cards. Retailers and regional details are below.

GameStop — U.S.

• Shiny Dialga: 19th August, 2013 – 8th September, 2013
  • Shiny Palkia: 9th September, 2013 – 29th September, 2013
  • Shiny Giratina: 30th September, 2013 – 20th October, 2013

EB Games — Canada

• Shiny Dialga: Beginning 30th August, 2013
  • Shiny Palkia: Beginning 13th September, 2013
  • Shiny Giratina: Beginning 27th September, 2013

GAME — UK

• Shiny Dialga: 30th August, 2013 – 12th September, 2013
  • Shiny Palkia: 13th September, 2013 – 26th September, 2013
  • Shiny Giratina: 27th September, 2013 – 11th October, 2013

So, plenty of opportunities to pick these up. Will you be heading down to your local stores to try and collect these rare Pokémon?

Related Games

NoUsernameHere

NoUsernameHere said:

I'll be getting the event Palkia. I'll be going to GAME in the UK whenever it's released so I can get mine.
Edit: Not first... :(

Angelic_Lapras_King

Angelic_Lapras_King said:

Black and White had an unlockable when you transfered over those shiny Legendary Dogs from Gen 4 games. Anything think these could unlock something when sent to X and Y? :3

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

Do you know if in Mexico this pokemon will be available from stores like Gamers or Gameplanet? (previously some events were brought by them)

Yoshi3DS

Yoshi3DS said:

is this suggesting that pokemon b2 will be able to transfer pokemon onto x and y

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

Doesn't that defeat the idea of shiny pokemon? I bet they'll be level 100...

Yoshi3DS

Yoshi3DS said:

believe me or not i've found 5 wild shinies in my lifetime, - wurmple, ekans, zigzagoon, lilipup and jigglypuff - none that spectacular, although my orange cascoon was amazing, but i don't own any right now even though i have been searching for the past 6 months! :( plus i'm not a fan of being given pokemon, but i'll never turn down an event.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Undoubtedly these shiny Sinnoh region beasties will have special purpose in the upcoming Pokémon X/Y.

BlueNitrous

BlueNitrous said:

I'll see if I can get these, but I always feel weird if I just walk into a Gamestop with the sole purpose to get free stuff. At least they will add to my only shiny Pokemon I have. That's Golduck, if you want to know.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

well i got black so i will get them all, one of them i dont have because i dont own pearl :P

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

I just stuck reminders on my calendar for this! You can never have too many legendaries OR shinies!

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

@Le_Wario26
You know the reason they do these is because they're hoping you come for the free Pokemon and leave with more than you came for, right? All they want is to get you into the store.

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

@Zombie_Barioth But you don't actually have to go in the store to get the Pokemon. For all the other Gamestop events, I would sit in a parking spot close enough to the store that I could get them. If I go to a Gamestop in my local mall I sit on a bench near the store and get the Pokemon :c.

originaljohn

originaljohn said:

I wish we got more of this sort of thing except pushed to my house. I have 2 3ds' a wii and a wiiu. It'd be great if I booted up a pokemon game and I got a message saying, 'your pokegear detects a pokemon in your house!'. I'd be playing pokemon everyday if it was like that.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

will be getting two of each since i have a copy of both games. And I always go to the mall around those times. But I don't know if I will go in the store.

Porky

Porky said:

Are these only downloadable on 5th generation games? How about 4th generation?

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

Can you change the wifi thing on your phone or computer like the Best Buy thing for Animal Crossing?