Developer Behind Code of Princess Plans To Bring More Titles To The 3DS

Posted by Orla Madden

Agatsuma Entertainment wants to give us more

Code of Princess and Sayonara Umihara Kawase are just two games that Agatsuma Entertainment has developed for the 3DS, but the studio has revealed it doesn't plan on stopping there.

In a recent interview with Game Modo, producer Yasuo Nakajima said the company is aiming to develop more titles for the platform:

Yes, we are planning to release more and more titles with 3DS! Please don’t miss them!

Code of Princess was released way back in April of last year in Japan, and in North America in October. It reached Europe as a digital-only release, and you can read our honourable review of the title right here.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase was confirmed for release on the handheld in Japan this year, but Agatsuma plans to release it in other regions in the not too distant future.

[via game-modo.com, nintendoeverything.com]

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I would love to see a sequel to Code of Princess come to the 3DS. However since Guardian Heroes has been doing well on the XBLA and PSN it wouldn't surprise me to see CoP2 come to home consoles as well.

Metalslime

Metalslime said:

Since they're still supporting the 3DS why not patch fix the abysmal lag in Code of Princess, I payed €30 for a game I find hard to play with the lag and it's stuck on my 3DS for eternity, can't trade it in, can't play it. Waste of time and space, oh and money.

Windy

Windy said:

Great Game I hope they will fix the online lag. But what an excellent game!

DashDG

DashDG said:

Hopefully this time we can get a decent game, not just a pretty character design...

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

Didn't they say they wanted to do a sequel to COP on PS4 and Xbone? I'm happy they plan to make more titles for the 3DS but you would think they'd keep the sequel to COP on the 3DS.

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

Can't get TOO xcited about games from Japanese 3rd parties. You never know what games come West. Code of Princess did, but Sayonara Umihara Kawase, from this same developer, hasn't

Shambo

Shambo said:

@MrSRArter a RETAIL 3DS game, worldwide. Still want that PVC statue of Solange but it's too expensive, especially given that it'd be the only physical thing representing the game in my games-and-merchandise-collection.

Smitherenez

Smitherenez said:

Still interested in downloading the title for my 3DS. I should look up some more gameplay I guess ;)

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

@Arcamenel: Its because the same guy who did CoP did a game on the Sega Saturn called Guardian Heroes which plays just like CoP. Well Guardian Heroes sold really well on XBLA and PSN hence why they would want to bring CoP2 to both MS and Sony systems. In many ways CoP is a spiritual sequel to Guardian Heroes, and CoP was only released on 3DS.

shredmeister

shredmeister said:

Yeah, Code Of Princess is a beautiful and great playing game, save for the framerate issues. I thoroughly enjoyed playing that game for many hours. A sequel would be great.