Video: The Super Piano Brothers Recreate Skyward Sword's Main Theme

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Gorgeous and epic

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was one of the last great Wii titles, earning a rare 10/10 in our review. Like any Zelda title there are some that don't like its changes, or the move to full-on motion controls, bit we'd wager that most at least like it a lot.

One feature of the title that we feel stands up well for the vast majority of gamers is its soundtrack, with large and sweeping orchestral numbers for many of its most epic moments. Its main theme has featured prominently at an E3 presentation, while it stood alongside classic Zelda themes on a CD that accompanied the game.

We've already seen arrangements of music from Skyward Sword from those such as the talented harp twins, but now we have a piano arrangement of the main theme/credit roll track to enjoy. This is from the Super Piano Brothers, with one look at their relatively young YouTube channel showing arrangements from other classic Nintendo franchises. This fresh video incorporates three different pianos shared by the two pianists, with some impressive musical skill to enjoy.

Check it out below and let us know what you think.

[via destructoid.com]

MasterWario

MasterWario said:

Wait...you didn't say this was the credits song!!!!! I would have been here a lot sooner!!!!!!

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@catsrnice Yeah, though I think they're very similar, differing only in arrangement, so I thought of this as the credits/main theme in my head, anyway.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

As a person who has less music/artistic talent than a rock, I am always amazed by people with these talents. Great job by these 2 gentleman, and I'm glad there is only positive comments in this thread so far. I love stuff like this on NL, thanks for making sure a few more people check this out.

Henmii

Henmii said:

There is something strange about the sound of the piano's, or is that just me? But still, it's pretty impressive!

3dbrains

3dbrains said:

So badly out of tune! Talented kids.
Why didnt they tune the piano's? Ruined because of this. They should re record it.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

@BrightBeing

I agree. Also, I would think that the smoke around 5:02 would be harmful to the instruments, but perhaps it's juts an after-effect (seeing as it suddenly disappears around 5:23).

Regardless, I think the brother in the darker shirt is having a lot more fun. ;)