Harvest Moon: A New Beginning Has Been Rated in Europe

Posted by Andy Green

European farmers rejoice!

Japanese 3DS owners have been farming through Harvest Moon: A New Beginning since February of last year and Natsume brought the title to North America in October.

Europe is yet to get its farm-hands on it, but it is coming soon as Germany's USK ratings board has given the game classification. Interestingly, this Harvest Moon title will not be published by the company usually responsible for them.

Rising Star Games has been behind all Harvest Moon titles in Europe - and other PAL regions - since 2004, however the new rating lists ZEN United as the publisher for Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. ZEN United usually handles the BlazBlue series in Europe and now seems to have taken on some new work.

Will you be picking up a copy of Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, Europe? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via siliconera.com]

mch

mch said:

I might get that one in the 3ds XL-Bundle for my loved one.
..it's a win-win actually, the Wii U won't be occupied that often anymore! :)

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

I just picked this up a week ago and it is consuming my life :). So if you need a life consuming game and Animal Crossing isn't enough for you this a great game. So addictive...

roryscott

roryscott said:

I really enjoy the Harvest Moon series and I will probably pick this up at some point! :)

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

I haven't bought this one yet. I'm still playing ToTT, although I haven't played that lately too.

GuardianKing

GuardianKing said:

@Big-Daddy Great game for beginners. Unlike the other games, this one revolves around you (building the town little by little), meaning the game's events flow at your pace. The festivals and townspeople will gradually appear the further you progress, and you won't feel thrown in the middle of everything not knowing what to do.

Truly, this is a must have game. :)

MysticX

MysticX said:

Finally, have been waiting for this game since it came out in Japan, wonder what the hold-up was this time, translating it to german/french can't have taken half a year... (Counting since the english release for the US)

GuardianKing

GuardianKing said:

The only thing I don't like is how friggin insulting that grass texture is. It's just a plane you colored green! >:[

DrDingus

DrDingus said:

I've been playing Harvest Moon since Friends of Mineral Town on the GBA, and A New Beginning is definitely one of the better entries in the franchise. It's extremely deep and dangerously addicting. I'm surprised Europe hasn't gotten it yet, but better late than never.

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

I've been begging Rising Star Games to release this in Europe for months. Looks like I was begging the wrong publisher! Will be picking this up day 1, best news I've heard all week.

SPUD

SPUD said:

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been waiting for this forever!!!!
"Release Date:
6th Nov 2012 (USA)
23rd Feb 2013 (UK/EU)" Hope this is amended soon.

Bluezealand

Bluezealand said:

@MysticX
This is actually the first Harvest Moon game, which wasn't translated in other European languages. The only language the USK listed is English.

MysticX

MysticX said:

@Bluezealand
That only makes is stupider, holding the game back half a year for no logical reason at all, sometimes it sucks to live in Europe... T_T

Mowzle

Mowzle said:

I've attempted a couple of Harvest Moon games, but just don't seem to be able to get into them. There's some interesting reviews for this around, however, so I think I might try it - if I get time free with Animal Crossing coming up soon, which should keep me busy for a year at least. :D

Spaciouz

Spaciouz said:

I've wanted this for ages and it has to come just before Animal Crossing. -.-

Now I can get double-addicted!

Datasun_7

Datasun_7 said:

Really hyped for this might get this instead of animal crossing, as I really enjoyed friends of mineral town on the GBA when I was a kid, might get tale of two towns until it comes out, to anyone who has played it is it any good? Thanks