Video: Check Out These Etrian Odyssey: Millenium Girl Story Sequences

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Some gorgeous animation to enjoy

Earlier this week we reported that Etrian Odyssey: Millennium Girl (or Millennium Maiden) will have cutscenes produced by the highly respected anime studio Madhouse, which is terrific news for the potential standard of the story-telling segments.

Millennium Girl, arriving in Japan on 27th June, reimagines the series debut on DS, but with an alternative approach that is reportedly focused on storytelling and character development. With the series' history of making it to the West, meanwhile, we can perhaps be optimistic that it'll eventually come across to North America and Europe.

As the Japanese release creeps closer, meanwhile, we can expect to see more footage and information in the coming weeks. A recent enticing addition from Atlus is this new trailer (over three minutes long) that shows off plenty of the Madhouse-produced story sequences. They look rather attractive, as we'd expect.

Check it out below and let us know what you think in the comments section.

[via destructoid.com]

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Oh man! This looks great!!! :D Oh boy I can't wait! I still have to buy lV though!! ah! D:
Glad to see the game is getting a whole 3D make over, wonder if they'll balance out difficulty a bit too. Oh boy I can't wait for this.

Reddaye

Reddaye said:

I was a little hesitant about an Etrian Odyssey that doesn't let you create your own party, but this game looks fantastic. The cutscenes are gorgeous, and the party members all look good.

This might be a good way to expand EO's audience. Hopefully they'll continue doing this more story driven style as a spin off.

EDIT: Upon further inspection I found out you can play this in CLASSIC mode; which basically let's you play it like a traditional Wizardry style blobber. AWESOME.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Oh great now it looks like I might have to pick this up after all!! Etrian Odyssey with an actual story! Nice!

BennyFresh

BennyFresh said:

This is a remake (sort of) of the original right? I was thinking of picking up the first one, but should I just wait and get this when it's released instead?

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@BennyFresh Yes wait trust me. I've played the whole series and I liked it back then but the original is hard to play now after all the sequels refined the gameplay.

RikuzeYre

RikuzeYre said:

Etrian Odyssey IV is a fantastic game, Im having so much fun with it (all those FOE's making me rage XD)

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Really enjoyed IV quite a bit, I'll be looking forward to playing this when it comes to the U.S. in 2-5 years.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@ajcismo as fast as Atlus has been working lately I give it just over a year before its released here. After SMT IV there really isn't anything for a long while on the horizon.

One-Winged-Pit

One-Winged-Pit said:

Seems pretty soon though. EO4 came out this year. Granted it is a remake but that is still very soon.