First-Person Puzzler QUBE Is Coming To The Wii U eShop

Posted by Damien McFerran

Colour us excited

Toxic Games has revealed that its unique first-person puzzle title QUBE is coming to the Wii U eShop.

QUBE — which stands for Quick Understanding of Block Extrusion, in case you were wondering — is currently available on PC and Mac. The objective of the game is to move around levels by manipulating coloured blocks.

Toxic posted an image of the game running on a Wii U GamePad on Twitter, and then published the following tweet:

You can check out the game in action in trailer below. It certainly looks interesting — will it be a day one purchase for you?

[via computerandvideogames.com, twitter.com]

Shanksta

Shanksta said:

That games looks awesome. I loved the Portal games and this reminds me of those, so it should be good.

BATRA

BATRA said:

portal was very good game but this is the best game i have seen cant wait to come to the wii u

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

Frankly, even after watching the trailer, I don't get what the object of this game is.

skjia

skjia said:

I briefly played the demo on steam and while it was interesting it didn't have the same charm and appeal of Portal. But I am definitely willing to give it another shot on Wii U. I'm very glad to finally see games beginning to come to the eShop. :D

Osc-Sync

Osc-Sync said:

I wasn't much of a fan of Portal, I liked the concept and I'm a huge fan of puzzle games, but I found Portal really easy. Depending on how much this will be, I may or may not get it.

Nintendo4Lyfe

Nintendo4Lyfe said:

I've never played Portal on either the comp or home consoles, but was deeply impressed at Q.U.B.E. Since it's already released on Steam, I'm extremely pumped to see this game to be released at the eShop for Wii U. The off-TV gameplay using the GamePad is gonna be off the chain and the graphics will run as smooth as the PC counterpart. All we need now is a release date for Q.U.B.E. U.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Would be cool if you could use two Wii Remotes as each hand... never understood why more games didn't take advantage of asking player to use two remotes at the same time, unless it was a tech problem or not wanting to limit their potential audience.

Raiko

Raiko said:

First i've ever heard of this game. It looks great. Will be keeping an eyeball or two on this one.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Going to try the demo on Steam to see if its any good. Would still be nice to see it come out on eShop whether or not it's very good. eShop needs more games.

CrabGats

CrabGats said:

Oh my god how can I not get this. It reminds me a lot of Portal but it looks way more fun. Day one purchase, no doubt in my mind about that.

GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint said:

Interesting. The aesthetics remind me a lot of Portal. I wonder if we will be seeing a companion qube in this game?

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I am actually impressed with what I saw in the trailer. It looks like Portal but it has its own game play elements that make it stand out. Definitely an interesting game.

timp29

timp29 said:

That looks really good. This is a great addition to the WiiU. I must admit, as far as WiiU eShop games are concerned. I tend to buy puzzlers. So far all I have bought is Little Inferno and Toki Tori2 and I'm pretty sure I would buy Qube too!

Kagamine

Kagamine said:

I own this on Steam, It's really quite good. For anyone who was turned off by the demo, it gets a lot more interesting in the later levels, the demo doesn't do them justice. I might pick this up if there's some cool new features or levels. otherwise O'' stick to it on Steam.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

I always thought a version of portal should have come to Wii because of the Wiimote and Nun-chuck so I am glad this is coming to the Wii U. Although ill admit, when I first saw this i didnt know if it was a real game or an experiment they were seeing how it would turn out!