Cloudberry Kingdom Could Yet Make It To 3DS

Posted by Andy Green

Pwnee Studios is "not giving up on" a 3DS version

Last week we reported Cloudberry Kingdom will be published by Ubisoft on a large range of platforms including Wii U this Summer.

Pwnee Studios, the game's developer, has stated Cloudberry Kingdom will be the toughest platforming game in the Wii U eShop but there will be several difficulty modes to cater for all tastes. The levels in the game randomly generate as you progress, which means you'll need to keep your concentration levels high.

It's set to make an appearance on the PlayStation Vita but is not currently down for a 3DS release. Previously the studio had said it has no plans to bring Cloudberry Kingdom to Nintendo's handheld but all hope is not lost as after being asked about it recently by Nintendo World Report, TJ Lutz - Vice President at Pwnee Studios - had this to say:

It’s still in our minds, we would really love to do a 3DS port. I’m not giving up on it yet, I would say there’s still a chance.

Ubisoft's backing could enable Cloudberry Kingdom to make it to the 3DS, which would cover practically every platform.

Would you like to see Cloudberry Kingdom in the 3DS eShop? Let us know by dropping a comment below.

[via nintendoworldreport.com]

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Well of course it would be good to have it on the 3ds, every other system gets it so why not this.

NintendoPro64

NintendoPro64 said:

It's nice to see a 3DS version is still on the table. The game looks interesting. Really glad to see Nintendo reaching out for all these indie games. Frankly, I have feeling I am going to be buying way more indie games than a lot of the crappy third party games that are being shoveled out these days. (I'm looking at you EA.)

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

Looks interesting enough to keep an eye out for.
Even though Nintendo is a bit late to the party with their indie dev support, they really do it thoroughly. It almost seems like everyone who is interested in bringing their game to the WiiU or 3DS and who has the money for a devkit is getting Nintendo's support instantly.

Shroom_Muncher

Shroom_Muncher said:

I really hope it does come to the 3ds, ive liked the look of this game since the 1st trailer came out

Wowfunhappy

Wowfunhappy said:

I would LOVE this game on my 3DS! A never ending, portable platformer that I can whip out to play a brand new level whenever I get bored would be great!

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

TJ Lutz told me in an interview they wanted to get it out on as many platforms as possible (when I asked him about handhelds) so this is no surprise :)