Activision Hopes That Your Spider Sense Will Be Tingling This March

Posted by Damien McFerran

The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition confirmed for European release on March 8th

Activision has confirmed that The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition will be hitting European Wii U consoles on March 8th.

The game features a whole host of DLC packs, as well as exclusive features such as the ability to use the GamePad's screen to reply to mobile phone messages in-game and play the entire experience off-screen.

Amazon revealed the North American release date back in December — it should be hitting that region on March 5th.

Will you be joining Peter Parker on his quest for justice? Leave a comment and tell us.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

This wasn't a bad Spider-man game, it was pretty fun.
Would have been better if it wasn't base on the movie, but was more enjoyable then the movie it self.

arrmixer

arrmixer said:

Is this any good... I'm assuming its another port?

Just bought batman the other day....

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

How does it compare to the legendary Spider-Man 2? My only experience is with Shattered Dimensions which was okay, but suffered from some control problems and uneven gameplay.

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

This is a good game worth buying, more so if you never played it before.

Also by buying it your showing Activision and other 3rd Party developers that we wan't thier games on the WiiU.

Nintendo wants 3rd party suppoer, WiiU owners want 3rd Party support.
Nintendo are taking steps to keep and get more 3rd Party support so WiiU owners need to back up Nintendo and show there's the demand for 3rd party titles.

MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D said:

I got this on the wii and despite all the bad reviews I really enjoyed because the fighting in this game is just AWESOME.

Will I get get it for the wii u ? yes

I would reccomend this game not just to spidey fans, but also to streets of rage, final fight, fighting force 1, fans

supersix

supersix said:

The game includes 4 dlc packs and it sounds like they're going to use the gamepad similar to Arkham City (Osphone to receive missions, manage upgrades, and map). Amazon has the preorder for $40 and I want to show some 3rd party support so I went ahead and preordered.

SonyFACE

SonyFACE said:

I sort of wanted to get the 3DS version for cheap, but I think I'll go with this one.

OGGamer

OGGamer said:

Sorry Activision march is monster hunter month . Maybe sometime later I'll give this a try .

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

same here would like to get it fter playing the 3ds demo which had some interesting fighting style but im getting luigis mansion so maybe later?

OracleOfTruth

OracleOfTruth said:

I'd buy it if it's been improved over its previous counterparts. I'd love to play a good game starring my friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

Wamtu

Wamtu said:

I already got the Steam version during their holiday sale. Too slow, Wii U.

On a side note, why do so many people diss the movie this is based on? It seems all the geeks and nerds hate it! Why?! It's way more true to the character than the Sam Raimi ones! None of their reasons for hating it make any sense! Did we watch the same movie?

Sorry, I just wanted to get that out. I just don't understand people sometimes...

WhiteTrashGuy

WhiteTrashGuy said:

Because they gutted the story. Go watch the deleted scenes. If they were put back in the pacing issues would be resolved and the plot holes would be filled. SPIDER-MAN 2 is still the best film.

WhiteTrashGuy

WhiteTrashGuy said:

Rented ASM for my 360. Was a pretty blatant ARKHAM rip-off. The camera was total garbage, and the web-swinging went back to the 'adhere to the clouds' philosophy from the original animated series and the first movie-based game. If you want the best web-swinging go play WEB OF SHADOWS. If you want the best overall Spidey experience then seek out ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN for GCN, XBOX, PS2, or PC.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

It's $60 right? I'm not getting it for that especially since it wasn't received as a quality 9/10 game and its an old PS3 game.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

My bad it's $40 which is much better escially since it matches the PS3/360 prices. Still don't have any plans to pick it up soon but glad to see that all old ports aren't just gonna be $60. glad to

WhiteTrashGuy

WhiteTrashGuy said:

@SilentHunter382 Go back and play SPIDER-MAN 2 and then play USM. The web swinging in 2 is awesome, but ULTIMATE has a very nice ebb and flow. And the combat in USM feels like an early version of the ARKHAM series free-flow combat system. USM has aged much better.

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

I played through USM within the past 6 months, I can vouch that it's held up reasonably well apart from all the chase missions which shouldn't exist ever.

Wamtu

Wamtu said:

@WhiteTrashGuy "Connor's Condolences" was the only one I didn't quite see why it was removed. I thought the "plot holes" may be sequel hooks. As noted in the ending, he still has a lot of unanswered questions, perfect material for the next movie. I honestly thought the deleted scenes focusing on the Oscorp guy would have just made things more confusing. I didn't notice any pacing issues.