Here's What Happens When Game Boy Advance Games Invade The Real World

Posted by Damien McFerran

Seriously amazing animation

Ever wondered what it would be like to see your favourite Game Boy Advance titles spring to life and infiltrate reality? Perhaps not, but you're going to see it anyway - thanks to the efforts of The Pixel Kingdom.

The animation below features characters from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Golden Sun, The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap and WarioWare, and shows their exploits in a variety of real-world environments.

It's incredibly well done, and follows on from the equally enjoyable SNES Games In Real Life that The Pixel Kingdom posted last year. Enjoy!

[via gonintendo.com, youtube.com]

Bucho

Bucho said:

That's some neat animation, brings me back to a time when i didn't go anywhere without my game boy advance sp.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Very cool; I like the Mario Vs. Donkey Kong one.

Too bad WarioWare didn't actually get a spot in the real world, though.

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

An AR game like this would be wonderful! Imagine being able to play Mario World with an augmented background.

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

The animation isn't impressing me. As far as I can tell all of the animations are taken right out of the original games.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Really reminds you of the amazing things they can do with sprite animation. I still don't think I've played a 2D handheld quite as impressive as Minish Cap. I would kill for another gorgeous 2D Zelda. (The DS titles were pretty ugly to me.)

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

@Jukilum The animation IS from the original games - it's the way they've managed to make the sprites look natural on the real world backgrounds which makes it so impressive - to my eyes, anyway.

9-Volt

9-Volt said:

Ahh the GBA SP. I've had many memories, but the best is when I got to bless it on my sister. Ahh the joyous look on her face. :)

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

This is probably the closest we'll see to what goes on in Miyamito's head in a given day! :P

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

@Jukilum
...
facepalm
The entire point of the video is that the art is taken from the games. Besides, ANIMATION doesn't refer to the art itself, but the movement of it.