Game & Wario Is Hitting Japan March 28th

Posted by Damien McFerran

Mini game madness

Nintendo has confirmed that Wii U title Game & Wario will be coming to Japanese stores on March 28th.

The US and European release dates have yet to be confirmed, but we'd imagine they won't be far behind.

Game & Wario is the next instalment in the popular WarioWare series, and is made up of various mini games. You can check out our initial impressions here.

This has the potential to be a big release for the Wii U in 2013 - are you looking forward to it?

[via nintendo.co.jp]

BenAV

BenAV said:

Good to see at least one release date, even if it is just for Japan so far.
Now, PAL regions please.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

Sneaks in to the launch window, as promised. Have to say I only enjoyed Smooth Moves for about half a day (my only previous experience with this series) but I can see how someone who enjoys minigames should be looking forward to this.

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

Why there is no game and wario for 3DS baffles me. The short quirky fun is just very well suited for handheld, thou sure wiiU has its game pad, just kinda hoped there'd be a 3ds version as well

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

A bit on the fence about this game. I thought Warioware Inc (GBA) was brilliant, it was well structured, the controls were perfect and the microgames were a lot of fun. Rather dissapointed with Smooth Moves (Wii), i found the motion controls incosistent, some of the microgames were a bit dull and the structure of the game was generally awkward, when playing outside of the main (very short) story mode. So i'll be waiting for reviews of this.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

I doubt I'll be getting this, especially if it releases at full price. I think I've had my fill of mini game compalations.
Just curious though, does this game support online multiplayer?

mudjo

mudjo said:

I hope they have plenty of games to play, as we've only seen four or five so far.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Good, it'll barely make it in the launch window after all, and it'll be coming before my birthday too. I hope it can live up to the previous WarioWare games and have a good amount of content. I've only heard of ten or so minigames, but there's got to be more than that content-wise.

They've been pretty tight-lipped about what's in this game. Hopefully they'll be more open the closer it gets time for its release.

Hokori

Hokori said:

@Five-seveN It does, in fact the 9-volt mini games make it act like youre a kid trying to hide in the middle of the night of not being caught playing videogames from your mom
Like this: TV is your mom walking by to check... GamePad is the GB and the camera checks to see if you pause and hide the system when the mom walks by on the TV

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I hope Kat and Ana's minigame is something like Takamaru's Ninja Castle from Nintendo Land.

Emaan

Emaan said:

I had a feeling it would be a March release! We shouldn't be getting it too far off from the Japanese release. Good news!

defrb

defrb said:

Wario never dissapoints, seriously cant wait, need some food for my dust eating wiiu.

Hokori

Hokori said:

I hope this ones good... Ever since snapped... I haven't like any WW games :( I thought I was growing put of it until the ambassador title

Jeremyx7

Jeremyx7 said:

Love the warioware games especially DS and wii ones. This one should be no different in terms of quality. I'm looking forward to this game very much.

SMW

SMW said:

Just don't require the microphone and I'll love it! I hope they get some Face Raiders type of integration somewhere, though!

Mahe

Mahe said:

Doesn't look as good as WarioWare Smooth Moves, unfortunately.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Maybe. I haven't really played much WarioWare - though honestly, when it comes to mini games, I don't know if I'll need another fix as early as March. It's not like Ninty's running a shortage. I'll wait for the reviews.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Looks cool, but I have my doubts, specially if it is $60.

I think it will be different from WW as this one has minigames instead of microgames.