Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan Demo On The Way

Posted by Andy Green

Progress will be transferable to retail copy

The gorgeous looking Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan will be unleashed in North America on 26th February in both physical and downloadable formats.

Atlus, the game's developer, has now revealed a demo will be heading into the 3DS eShop on 7th February - a good few weeks before the game launches.

The demo is actually quite expansive and allows players to play through the opening gameplay areas. This includes the introduction; the first mini dungeon, Old Forest Mine; the first skyship area, Windy Plains; and some areas within the first main dungeon, the Lush Woodlands. There's even some access to a few of the side quests available in the first main dungeon as well as a full set of equipment, skills and classes. The town facilities are also available to you including Guild Card exchanges via QR code and select QR gifts.

Now, here's the interesting part: all the progress you make in the demo can be transferred to the full game upon purchasing it, meaning you won't have to traipse through the early stages all over again.

Those who've pre-ordered a physical copy of the game will also receive a limited edition art book and music CD - while stocks last of course.

There's still no news on a European release for Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, hopefully the game will eventually make it over.

What are your thoughts on this one, North America? Are you looking forward to downloading the demo? Let us know in the comments below.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Unexpected! But welcome. I wasn't sure if I was gonna pre-order or not. This'll likely help me decide.

ohhaime

ohhaime said:

I think this demo might be the thing that finally gets me into this series.
Also the font in this game is fantastic.

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

I've got this preordered and no space on my SD card, so it looks like I'll just have to wait a few weeks.

Windy

Windy said:

How Sweet it is! I already pre-Bought this at Amazon but a demo will keep me busy until I get my Cartridge. If this has any type of Online Trading or Co-op I will absolutely flip my lid

slidecage

slidecage said:

Here the question does that mean it will port the progress of ALL GAMES or only if you buy the download (meaning if you have the cart based your going to redo it all) Dont see how a download would work on a cart base

Kyoto

Kyoto said:

Let this one come to europe pleaaasseeee. Operation Labyrinth anyone?

oninowon

oninowon said:

I'm definately not downloading the game- I'm getting the physical copy simply for the xtras!

Glad for the demo because some gamers have it in their head that 1st person view of combat is boring. I'm usually gritting my teeth after I input all of the actions I will take.

I loved the classes in EO II because they were so wacky! EO III brought the classes down to more typical fantasy classes and unfortunately it looks to be the same for EO IV. However, the skill system in every game has been fun in exploring which skill sets work best for your play style.

I know some people don't like the cute anime style of the game but personally I love it. The artwork has been steadily improving over each iteration and EO IV looks even more amazing than EO III.

Looking to confront more F.O.Es !!!

ohhaime

ohhaime said:

@slidecage The demo probably creates extra data like what games use for streetpass.So it works just like loading the data from a streetpass when the cart isn't in the system.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

I don't know anything about this game, and I'm not a fan of JRPG's, but I'm a ravenous consumer of demos.

Makkiez

Makkiez said:

like many other games like this big chance this game will never see the daylight in Europe but i soooo hope it will.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

YESS! I already pre ordered but you can carry over progress into real game! I'ma get my Etrian Odyssey on earlier than I expected :)

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Now THAT'S awesome. I wish the Fire Emblem Awakening demo did the same thing as I will be buying FE:A.

DaveC

DaveC said:

@oninowon

I just don't care for menu based "battles" , it so non interactive. Select your choices, watch a little movie. I hate these types of games, I would rather have control over my characters. Meh, I wish there was a new Zelda comming.

WaterDjinn

WaterDjinn said:

@slidecage Well the bold lettering says "Progress will be transferable to retail copy". In any case, it wouldn't be difficult to transfer to a retail copy. While you play the demo, it will create a save which will then be read by the retail full copy you get and you're back where you started.

Nintendawg

Nintendawg said:

No reason for me, other than impatience, to download the demo. I have this on pre-order from day 1 :)
It's a good thing you can transfer progress made. I really appreciate it when they implement things like that, it in turn makes me feel like an appreciated [potential] customer.
cheers Atlus!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@oninowon You haven't been keeping up with the classes then! Then may have more standard names, but what they've shown so far is pretty unique, IMO.

@DaveC You do have notrol over your characters, just in a different kind of way. Sure, it's more thought-intensive than reflex intensive, but could you imagine having to micro-manage everything 5 different characters do in an action game? That'd be really frustrating, IMO. And yes, in a game like this, multiple characters are necessary.

Windy

Windy said:

@DaveC I always wonder why people post in a section and have zero interest in that section? Im not bustin your nuggets. Im just interested in knowing