Charizard 3DS XL Will Be Available To Pokémon Daisuki Club Members

Posted by Orla Madden

We'd choose it over Pikachu any day

In October we reported that Japan would be getting a very special treat in the form of a Charizard 3DS XL, but it would only be available through a lottery across Pokémon Centres in Japan.

It has now been revealed that members of the Pokémon Daisuki Club in the Nintendo's homeland are being offered the scorching hot XL from 9th February. The club previously had two special DS Lites on offer for its members: one featuring Giratina to commemorate the release of Pokémon Platinum, and the other starring Pikachu — not much of a shocker, he is one of the main mascots of the series.

It's highly unlikely that the Charizard 3DS XL will be made available in the West, which is a shame — it's simply beautiful. Are you still hoping it will be brought across the pond? Let us know, as always.

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

BenAV

BenAV said:

I like this one.
Waaaaay better than the weird looking Pikachu one with the ugly white which didn't go well with the yellow at all.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

I would easily swap in my current blue one for/towards this one. I REALLY hope X and Y come with an XL bundle. Although I'm still waiting on an orange one to show up...

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

I've been thinking of upgrading to an XL, and the Charizard XL would seal the deal. Please bring it to the West.

dudey300Staff

dudey300 said:

I can see Nintendo releasing a bundle to celebrate the release of X & Y. Just my own prediction, one for X and the other for Y. The Charizard 3DS XL would be fantastic though. A 3D version of Red alongside this would be perfect!

rjejr

rjejr said:

It's amazing how in black the 3DS looks like a real computer rather than a toy made by Jakks Pacific. Even without Charizard I think they would sell more black ones in the US than red or blue.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

I already bought the Pikachu one and I simply love it!
Sorry Charizard, you look really cool, but if you will ever come in Europe it's already too late XP

@BenAV Man, you sound way too harsh O_O;
Personally I bought the Pikachu XL also cause it is white inside :)

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

No swapping for me. I always get this empty feeling inside when I trade a system lol. They are a part of me. I'd buy this straight up though! I would love that Pikachu XL edition, simply because I had the Yellow GBC back in the day... and still do!

Intrepid

Intrepid said:

"and the other starring Pikachu — not much of a shocker, he is one of the main mascots of the series."
But Pikachu is a shocker.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

They really should bring the Charizard 3DS XL outside of Japan! Maybe when the Episode N saga of the anime gets dubbed, they could release the Charizard 3DS XL in the U.S. and Europe. (It apparently features a Charizard, and it's probably Ash's.)

@Intrepid lol

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

I know I should already be happy with my Pikachu XL..But I must also have this one. Sorry wallet!

EaZy_T

EaZy_T said:

I'm not a pokemon fan but I kinda like it... I think the black XL is really nice looking and it's pretty cool how the picture wraps to the back.

sonicriders

sonicriders said:

It seems like the kind of thing they would release along with Pokemon X and Y. You never know! They did it with Fire Emblem and Zelda here in N.A.!

sonicriders

sonicriders said:

Yeah, and I originally did want an XL 3DS, but by selling my old 3DS, I still thought the 3DS XL cost too much just for a bigger screen. That and I had to buy all the accessories and stuff....yeah, don't have that kind of money! :P

goodness22

goodness22 said:

Hi,
am goodness zamba by name, a female never been married,i
have seen alots of profiles but am very selective, you are
one of my selection, please kindly write me on my private
email address.(goodnesszamba1988@yahoo.in) so that i can send
you some of my pictures and introduce my self to
you.