Spin The Bottle Is A Wii U Game That Doesn't Use Your TV

Posted by Damien McFerran

Involves "tight coordination, daring trust, body and eye contact or extreme flexibility"

KnapNok Games has released details of its forthcoming Wii U eShop title Spin The Bottle, a game which allows up to 8 players to indulge in addictive micro-challenges which take their attention away from the TV and focus it solely on the Wii U GamePad.

A collaborative project between KnapNok and Swedish indie studio Redgrim, Spin The Bottle asks players to sit in a circle around the Wii U GamePad and spin a virtual bottle to decide which two will take on the head-to-head challenge. The challenges themselves utilise Wii Remotes and - according to the developer - involve "tight coordination, daring trust, body and eye contact or extreme flexibility".

It might sound a bit kinky - especially when you consider that the developer previously worked on a title called Dark Room Sex Game - but it's all good-natured fun, as the promotional photos below seek to illustrate. Spin The Bottle is due for release early in 2013.

OorWullie

OorWullie said:

Wonder is this will have the four-player “orgy” mode, where we can swap partners randomly and compete to reach orgasm the fastest?

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

Their site says its a innocent game for innocent kids.

"tight coordination, daring trust, body and eye contact or extreme flexibility"

I call BS.

MAB

MAB said:

@Norfair you have never done it on a Wii balance board before? you are missing out on some great 'HARDCORE' experience man ;)

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

I'd like to say I'm at a loss for words, but its kinda a neat idea. Wouldn't mind seeing a few "adult" oriented party titles here and there. We'll probably see quite a few board games make use of the gamepad over time too.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

First of all: That teaser is incredible. I think.
Secondly: I think it's awesome that indies are already thinking of how to use the GamePad for unconventional ideas. Having a small screen that's mobile and can work with Wii-motes, etc., opens up all sorts of possibilities, even without using the big screen TV. In fact I love the idea of party games that keep the TV off in the first place. The perfect compromise between video games and board games. Please let this pave the way for other, similar ideas.

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

While the idea of using only the GamePad and Wii Remotes is interesting, I find the premise of the game...disturbing. I must say though, that was one of the strangest and most disjointed adds I have ever seen.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

That was one of the best game adverts ever.
Although about half way through I wondered why there wasnt an 18+ label to warn about all the suggestive positions. Better hope those guys were using protection. 0.o

WaxxyOne

WaxxyOne said:

Hm, this plus a few close friends and alcohol could lead to some rather... interesting situations.