Project P-100 Gets a New Name: The Wonderful 101

Posted by Damien McFerran

Platinum Games' superhero epic sheds its working title

Project P-100 is one of the Wii U's more unexpected delights; even when it was announced, it seemed to slip under the radar of many Nintendo fans. Not us, though - when we previewed it back in June, we found it to be a highly enjoyable romp.

The game - which is being produced by Hideki Kamiya (Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe) - has been given a fresh name. It's now called The Wonderful 101.

We're not entirely sure we prefer the new title, but the gameplay footage shown during Nintendo's Wii U presentation in New York today looked extremely promising, so it remains a Wii U release you should keep an eye on.

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

Looks like a decent game, doubt I'll get it though. Wii U really does have some solid exclusive games!

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Been focused on this since day one. And the new title is simply PERFECT!
p.s. The picture kinda fooled me for a sec and got me thinkin of Smash Bros.

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

Probably won't get this but it looks like a lot of fun. I am pretty impressed with a lot of the launch window games

Hokori

Hokori said:

Maybe that character will be playable in SSBU, this character unsurprisingly reminds me of Viewtiful Joe and I'm interested in this and Bayonetta 2

Popyman

Popyman said:

I love the new name, they had me with, "We knew we were forgetting someone--YOU!" XD And it just flows really well now.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

This game has not slipped my radar. It's made by Platinum Games :). With this and Bayonetta 2 it looks like I'm gonna have to get a Wii U.

BenAV

BenAV said:

This is one of my most wanted Wii U games.
I hope it lives up to expectations!

gefflt

gefflt said:

@CEOJumpMad Ditto. I had completely forgotten about Project-100 and when the video first started and that dude dressed in red and black showed up, I was sure it was Viewtiful Joe.

@MrWalkieTalkie So true! The light blue to white, faded background is exactly like character shots from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Hokori

Hokori said:

Now we need MadWorld 2 for WiiU also published by Nintendo :D then I'd be very happy

piojito_O

piojito_O said:

@CEOJumpMad

Actually, when I first glanced at it, it brought the incredibles to mind.
But now that you mention it, xDD

~wish we had another viewtiful joe game :/

-Not really caring for the launch window titles-
Maybe it's just me but so many games look dumbed down nowadays ::nostalgic:: (hopefully I'm wrong)
but at least I have SmashU & Loz to look forward to :D

edcomics

edcomics said:

I don't like the name. Something like "Hundred Heroes" might have been better. Something solid, you know?

OptometristLime

OptometristLime said:

Old name bad, new name good. Much easier to market this way (and SAY), and I enjoy the obvious 'Joe' tie-in!

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

for me i kinda liked the old name :( but w/e right is the same game

for me it was a mixture of the incredibles and the joe guy :P but yeah in the vid it kinda does remind you of smash bros... who knows maybe they will have one of these characters in the new game? :P