Project P-100 Gets a New Name: The Wonderful 101

Posted by Damien McFerran

Platinum Games' superhero epic sheds its working title

Project P-100 is one of the Wii U's more unexpected delights; even when it was announced, it seemed to slip under the radar of many Nintendo fans. Not us, though - when we previewed it back in June, we found it to be a highly enjoyable romp.

The game - which is being produced by Hideki Kamiya (Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe) - has been given a fresh name. It's now called The Wonderful 101.

We're not entirely sure we prefer the new title, but the gameplay footage shown during Nintendo's Wii U presentation in New York today looked extremely promising, so it remains a Wii U release you should keep an eye on.

From the web

New_3DaSh_XL said:

Looks like a decent game, doubt I'll get it though. Wii U really does have some solid exclusive games!

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Been focused on this since day one. And the new title is simply PERFECT!
p.s. The picture kinda fooled me for a sec and got me thinkin of Smash Bros.

Boo_Buster said:

Probably won't get this but it looks like a lot of fun. I am pretty impressed with a lot of the launch window games

Hokori said:

Maybe that character will be playable in SSBU, this character unsurprisingly reminds me of Viewtiful Joe and I'm interested in this and Bayonetta 2

Popyman said:

I love the new name, they had me with, "We knew we were forgetting someone--YOU!" XD And it just flows really well now.

shonenjump86 said:

This game has not slipped my radar. It's made by Platinum Games . With this and Bayonetta 2 it looks like I'm gonna have to get a Wii U.

BenAV said:

This is one of my most wanted Wii U games.
I hope it lives up to expectations!

gefflt said:

@CEOJumpMad Ditto. I had completely forgotten about Project-100 and when the video first started and that dude dressed in red and black showed up, I was sure it was Viewtiful Joe.

@MrWalkieTalkie So true! The light blue to white, faded background is exactly like character shots from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Hokori said:

Now we need MadWorld 2 for WiiU also published by Nintendo then I'd be very happy

piojito_O said:

Actually, when I first glanced at it, it brought the incredibles to mind.
But now that you mention it, xDD

~wish we had another viewtiful joe game :/

-Not really caring for the launch window titles-
Maybe it's just me but so many games look dumbed down nowadays :: (hopefully I'm wrong)
but at least I have SmashU & Loz to look forward to

edcomics said:

I don't like the name. Something like "Hundred Heroes" might have been better. Something solid, you know?

OptometristLime said:

Old name bad, new name good. Much easier to market this way (and SAY), and I enjoy the obvious 'Joe' tie-in!

DarkNinja9 said:

for me i kinda liked the old name but w/e right is the same game

for me it was a mixture of the incredibles and the joe guy but yeah in the vid it kinda does remind you of smash bros... who knows maybe they will have one of these characters in the new game?