North America, Game Boy Tennis Is Your New Club Nintendo Reward

Posted by Damien McFerran

New balls, please

Nintendo has given the North American Club Nintendo rewards page a bit of a clean, with Game Boy sports title Tennis being the latest addition to the programme.

One of the earliest monochrome Game Boy titles, Tennis isn't quite as amazing as Super Tennis on the SNES, but it's still worth a look if you've got some coins burning a hole in your (virtual) pocket.

It's available for 150 coins until 9th September. Thanks for the tip, Knuckles!

[via club.nintendo.com]

Rargon

Rargon said:

Craaaaaaaaaaaap, all I have left from Excitebike 3D being the last Club Nintendo download is 60 coins....

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

Kinda late but I will let it slide. Just because James has gone to a better place. RIP

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

I used to own this on the original GameBoy. It was quite enjoyable for such a simplistic game.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

My cousin and I used to play this game all the time...2 player ftw!!!!

Nostalgia would be the only reason I get this game. Good times.

photofool83

photofool83 said:

I'm hoping for SimCity for SNES as the new Wii reward. Make it happen Club Nintendo, please.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

I would spend the coins on excite bike & tennis but already downloaded them months ago when they were released in the e-shop. :(

Excited to see what else they have to offer for the wii & 3ds on club nintendo more so the wii because alot of stuff I already bought on the 3ds in the e-shop except for a few titles here & there.:) & haven't had my wii for to long so not really sure what to download in wiiware. It's nice nintendo picks for you on the wiiware titles so far every one they've offered on club nintendo I've spent the coins on & really liked. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Furealz

Furealz said:

Excitebike and Fluidity left me broke, and were both awesome! I'm glad smelly-old football and crap tennis is available while I rake in coins for next week. Yes, I know this game is awesome to some people, though rather save until "Bomberman" or " Space Invaders" take place. Two good WiiWare titles I don't have....

Shane904

Shane904 said:

Playing GB Tennis the way I do takes a lot of balls.

And by that, I mean I'm not nearly as good as it as Mario Tennis Open.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Though I enjoy the early, simple GB sports titles, I'm holding out for the greatest handheld tennis game in history.... Top Rank Tennis.

Ryoga

Ryoga said:

So expensive! for the 150 coins I mean. Good thing I already bought it, and on my first time in the Eshop. It was the very first tennis game I played a long ago and I still love it. Great gameplay mechanics for a game so simple.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

I see a lot of mixed opinions are in about this game. As far as I can say for GAME BOY Tennis , it's an OK game to play when ever there is nothing else to do. I don't play it as much as I used to on the 3DS VC , but all in all, 150 Coins is asking a little too much for a game like this. I can see Nintendo maybe putting it up at 100 Coins maybe, but 150? That's not right.