No Cross Words As Picross E Euro eShop Release Is Confirmed

Posted by Damien McFerran

Mark 6th September in your calendar, nonogram fans

Nintendo has confirmed that Picross E will be hitting the European 3DS eShop on 6th September, with a price point of £4.50 / €5.00.

The latest in a long line of picture crossword games which can trace its history all the way back to the Game Boy and Super Nintendo, Picross E apparently showcases a "newly implemented navigation feature", which makes solving the hair-pulling visual conunderums easier than ever.

No word on the North American release as yet.

RR529

RR529 said:

Hope this comes to the U.S. soon. I quite enjoyed Mario's Picross.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Hooray.
Will have to make sure I don't blow everything left in my bank account before then because I'll definitely be downloading it straight away.

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

I've never played a picoss game before...
Can anyone quickly explain how it works to me?

jarreboum

jarreboum said:

@BayCraig100 just look at the screenshots. the lines and columns with gray numbers have been solved. the line and colums with thin numbers have been partially solved.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Awesome! Cait wait. Mario Picross gave me more hours of entertainment than Ocarina of Time. This is certainly a must-buy for me. :3

@BayCraig100 - You form a picture (usually pixel art) by figuring out which squares are empty and which are occupied by using the numbers shown on the rows and columns. It's really easy to get into, and extremely fun. You should give it a try.

Cesco

Cesco said:

And according to the NOE eShop website, this is the only new software that will be released next week on eShop :-(
No Sakura Samurai, No Petit Computer, nothing at all... and this is the third "poor" week in a row here in Europe IMHO.

Cipher

Cipher said:

@Cesco Full update won't be confirmed until Monday. And try to think quality over quantity - this is likely to be a stellar game.

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

Definitely downloading this. Even if it's the only new game added next week, that'll be fine for me, i spent many happy hours with Pcross DS and Mario's Picross (GB) too.

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

Will definately get this. I love picross. Hopefully it has DLC and / or creating and swapping between other users. Fingers crossed.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Ug, still haven't completed all the puzzles on Picross DS, Picross 3D and Mario Picross and not for lack of trying! 3D is one of the most addictive games I've played. Just...one...more...

Samholy

Samholy said:

after 2 years of in and out, i finally cleared EVERYTHING in picross DS. even the downloadable content.
and yet.... i wish there was MORE.

BRING PICROSS E TO NORTH AMERICA

Cesco

Cesco said:

@Cipher Honestly and with all due respect to the people that like this game, if I'd like to play some Picross I could easily visit one of the many flash game portals around and play one of the many clones available. I could not do the same with Sakura samurai or some other downloadable games actually available in NA.

Late

Late said:

@Cesco: It isn't always about that. I like to support Picross games and game companies so that's part of the reason I'm getting this game. And this game is also from Jupiter Corporation. Jupiter has made many great games like Pokémon Pinballs, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, The World Ends With You and other great games. By downloading this game they get more money and they can then make other great games.
Also pointing out that I've tried at least 10 different flash Picross games and they just don't have the charm like Mario's Picross (played over 50 hours). I also like solving Picross the traditional way, on paper. And I also like to design them and it's really easy to design them at school on paper and then give it to someone else so they can try. I got few people hooked in Picross by doing this. :)

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Cesco: Trust me, and I know this from experience: You can't beat Nintendo's UI for Picross. I'd gladly take their games over ANYTHING on a computer for that very reason alone.

Also...those of us without Smartphones (and for all I would know, maybe not even those with...not familiar with browser quality on them) need a great way to play these on the go. Preferably without using actual pencil and paper (although I've done it that way also). Mario's Picross 3D/S have been great for that, but when you like these puzzles...they're ADDICTING! I ran out of content on those games AGES ago and have been hungry for more.

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Never Played a Picross game before till I downloaded Mario Picross. After playing that game I loved the game. So this one I will pick up too and the price is not too bad :).

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

Looks like there are 150 puzzles for £4.50. That should hopefully keep us going for a little while. Fingers still crossed for DLC and user created puzzle swapping.

Shock

Shock said:

I never thought they would bring this back. I'm SO HAPPY! (see what i did there)

Henmii

Henmii said:

Cool! Will definitely download!!

Does anyone know how many puzzles it has?