E3 2012: Ubisoft Reveals Wii U Line-Up

Posted by James Newton

Something for everyone?

Ubisoft's just lifted the lid on its full line-up of Wii U titles. Some we knew about already, others we didn't.

Here's what's heading to Wii U:

Not a bad line-up we think. What about you?

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Darnit, we went from aliens to more Zombies. :( Where's my sci-fi shooter that's actually sci-fi? D=<

NImH

NImH said:

Nice! So glad for the 3rd party support right out the box!
Rayman Origins raised the bar so high... I hope this new Rabbids game isn't trash.

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

ZombiU better still have the aliens that made it seem interesting... Zombie only games are usually bad.

BudDudSlash

BudDudSlash said:

Rayman Legends is a great start. Give me that and another winning title from Nintendo (Pikmin, please), and it'll merit a day 1 purchase for the console.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Definitely Rayman Legends, and maybe Assassin's Creed III and ZombiU (I'll need to see some actual gameplay for that first), for me.

luminalace

luminalace said:

Oh why did they have to change the name of Killer Freaks from Outer Space? I am absolutely dying for Rayman Origins on 3DS (only a few days more) and Legends will picked up by me for sure!

Also while this is a great list, I hope Splinter Cell: Blacklist is still coming too!

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

@luminalace: Rayman Origins is a wonderful game, but is the 3DS really your only option for it or are you just buying a second, portable copy? Because even the Wii version has the great multi-player mode and sounds better, looks (much) prettier, controls tighter and costs less than the 3DS version...

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Rayman Legends looked intriguing and that new IP had interesting parts, hope it also comes to the Wii U.Have to see actual gameplay of ZombiU first. Liked the alien approach more though.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Rayman Legends and maybe Rabbids Land if it turns out all right are going to be my Ubisoft Wii U games in the future.

RR529

RR529 said:

I need to start saving money for The 'U. Assassin's Creed III (though it's not exclusive) seems awefully inticing to me, and Nintendo's sure to show off that "New Super Mario" game tomorrow.

Hopefully Ninty surprises us with surprise Zelda or Metroid for The 'U (although 3DS would still be great), or we get another solid 3rd party offering (Dead or Alive 5, please).

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Ubisoft lost my respect when they created and continued to push those stupid Rabbids and when they basically spit on the TMNT franchise.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Rayman Legends is a big fat yes. And as dissapointing as it is from the Aliens switching to zombies in ZombieU(Another lame 'playing it safe' attempt from ubi in fear that their previous build with those cartoony unique aliens wouldn't appeal to most gamers) i might check out zombieU, if the wii remote + Nunchuck is alternative control scheme for the 3rd time. :p
There's no way I'm using an analog stick to aim, that's just a big fat slap to the face as far as I'm concered, of course that's just my opinion since i can't stand using dual analog as a control method or mouse & keyboard for aiming anymore.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

@BulbasaurusRex

Oh god, don't you ever bring up that awful disgrace of a fighter TMNT: Smash Up EVER again. :p as a turtle fan and the way the developers were hyping it realllllly annoyed me considering the end result was a giant piece of technodrome scrappy' gargabe....what a waste.

Hokori

Hokori said:

Blehh I hope ubi doesn't turn wii u into a shovel ware system like they did with wii, it's there fault the wii was "kiddy" IMHO

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Rayman Legends, Assassins Creed, and lots and lots of crap. Fairly typical Ubisoft.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Rayman Legends insta-buy. I need reviews for 2 of the other; namely AC 3 and Rabbids Land (may be poor, but I liked 1-3 and Go Homes, so I'll think about it)

chewytapeworm

chewytapeworm said:

It's not THAT great a lineup IMO... It's certainly a very Nintendo one though! I'm sure I can find it my heart to buy a couple of those to get with the console at launch.

Mok

Mok said:

@zranoll: It really was an awful name and in the name of everything decent I'm glad they changed it.

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

The loss of the Killer Freaks is the biggest disappointment of E3 so far. seems a really bad move to me

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

First person Zombie game = $$$$$$$$

Anybody who dives into shooters + Zombies is playing it beyond safe....Zombies are always a big hit, it's practically becoming the next big main stream thing outside of COD. The Walking Dead is to blame as of late. :p
The only way i like my zombie gaming is from Resident Evil and that's that...

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Not bad... not killer, but not a bad line up coming from Ubi. Hopefully this isn't the best the 3rd parties as a whole can do, so I'm waiting to see more so I can truly size up the Wii U's line-up.