Rabbids Rumble Confirmed for 3DS

Posted by James Newton

We knew it

A few weeks back we unearthed an age rating for Rabbids Rumble and Ubisoft gave us no comment. Now we know the game's real, as we have a press release and assets.

Rabbids Rumble has minigames — of course — but also has a turns-based combat system that promises "intense battles mixing tactics with the Rabbid’s classic wackiness". With 100 customisable Rabbids, Augmented Reality functions and a solo campaign this could be decent. We'll see in November.

RABBIDS LET LOOSE ON NINTENDO 3DS WITH RABBIDS® RUMBLE!

Collect over 100 Rabbids with wacky abilities and put them to the test in hilarious battles, alone or with friends!

London, UK — May 31st, 2012 — Today, Ubisoft® announced the development of Rabbids® Rumble exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™. Rabbids have infiltrated the handheld console and will be back to wreak havoc in November 2012.

The wacky Rabbids have been let loose throughout seven different worlds and players must battle it out in-game to capture over 100 Rabbids and complete their collection. Rabbids Rumble is full of interactive mini games that fully utilize the 3DS hardware, most notably with the 3D and Augmented Reality where players will interact with the Rabbids like never before. This new experience causes Rabbids to surge from the floor, fly around and even battle it out atop the kitchen table. Rabbids Rumble also features multiple game modes including a solo campaign and multiplayer battles.

For the first time in franchise history, Rabbids Rumble will introduce an accessible and hilarious turn-based combat system. Players will be able to challenge their friends to intense battles mixing tactics with the Rabbid’s classic wackiness. Each Rabbid comes prepared with hilarious combat abilities and can be trained to become stronger for battles. Using the SpotPass™ function, new & rare Rabbids will be available to download to enrich each fans collection. Fans can also use StreetPass to compete in battles to unlock new Rabbids and items.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Yeah... I think I'll probably pass unless it turns out better than I expect it to.

The logo sort of reminds me of Pokemon Rumble.

Kinioka

Kinioka said:

Turn-based battle system? Tactics? I can't believe I'll finally buy one Rabbids game but that's too many functions for one game of this series, so I'm a little suspicious. I'll keep and eye on this one.

rjejr

rjejr said:

"Turn-based" stuck out to me as well. Guess it won't be a Playstation Allstars Battle Royale clone then ;-)

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

I hope this game turns out good, since th last few Rabbids games ( 3D, Kicking and Travel in Time) were very mediocre. I like the first three and Rabbids Go Home though.

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

Like pretty much everyone else has been saying, Rabbids 1-3 and Go Home were amazing. Travel In Time was good, just not the best.
This is probably still a buy for me though, as there's more than just minigames, there is turn based combat, streetpass and AR, and I like to support games that show off some of the 3ds' features that aren't always implemented.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

At least they're doing something new! Love Ancel and all, but Ubisoft is sure over-using his characters...

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

I don't care at all,the first "Rabbids" game on the Wii was enough to pull me out of the franchise entirely.

Henmii

Henmii said:

The Rabbids must be very VERY popular, seeing that they are churning out so many games!

mamp

mamp said:

I like that it has a rabbid holding on to the 3DS in the pictures. It's so cute

#^_^#

Xilef

Xilef said:

This actually sounds quite fun. Might pick this up, if it gets good reviews that is.

TNLGUY

TNLGUY said:

The word 'rumble' shouldn't automatically be associated with Pokemon Rumble, yeesh. They sound nothing alike. That said, I'm going to have to wait for some reviews. Could be right up my alley or total garbage.