VVVVVV Set to Flip Into Europe on 10th May

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

About flippin' time

While gamers in North America have been fortunate enough to enjoy VVVVVV on their 3DS since late last year, those of us in Europe have been patiently — or impatiently — waiting for our own release. After announcing that it expects a European release in early May, publisher Nicalis has now nailed a date down on its Twitter page. After an update confirming that the title had passed the NoE submission process, a follow-up tweet confirm the news In just 12 glorious characters.

MMMMMMay 10th

So there you have it, Europe, not long until another must-have title hits the eShop. This will be the version with a functional 'Flip Mode', resolved in a recent update, and if you want to know more don't forget to check out our very own VVVVVV review.

[via twitter.com]

BenAV

BenAV said:

Great news.
Looking forward to it!
Now just a few more games to go that we're missing.

Yasume

Yasume said:

Sweet. Now throw in Mutant Mudds and Sakura Samurai and I'm a happy man.

Djrr-ific

Djrr-ific said:

Any word on the price yet? (:

8 euros would be a bit much..
I hope it's 6 or 7.. ^^

Zantagor

Zantagor said:

after the whole La Mulana debacle from Nicalis, I would invite anyone with common sense to just boycott Nicalis from now on, they're a terrible publisher.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

About time, Europe finally gets VVVVVV :) Maybe now NoA will allow us some of their 3DS VC?

BudrSbastig

BudrSbastig said:

There like buses, wait ages for a gravity flipping game, then 2 turn up with in a few weeks!! mmmm this and gravity rush!!

Scary_Old_Lady

Scary_Old_Lady said:

VVVVVVery excited
VVVVVVery excited
VVVVVVery excited
VVVVVVery excited
VVVVVVery excited
VVVVVVery excited

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

I never played the game before I got it on the eShop and I think it's well worth the investment :D

Stine

Stine said:

Huh, that's the day I finish my exams. Maybe I'll buy it as a treat for myself. I don't think I've bought a game from the eShop this year yet.

hydeks

hydeks said:

hmm..maybe I should get it if europe wants it THIS badly. It did get a 8/10 and I have been looking at the game alot :P

RR529

RR529 said:

I'm in the U.S., and I absolutely loved this game (my second favorite eShop release so far). Glad you guys are finally getting it, and hope you enjoy yourselves :)

Blizzaga

Blizzaga said:

I love this game to death, but I don't feel all that sorry for you guys in having to wait so long because I'm still waiting for Trip World and Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

How long does it take on average to finish the game? I've been holding out on this one, but now I'm all for it. Must of been Nintendo Power's glowing Review & Article on it. B-)

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

Okay, I am officially confused! Is it pronounced "vee-vee-vee-vee-vee-vee" or "vvv"? It's the biggest confusion I've faced in gaming since the whole Mario Kart 64 mushroom-trap fiasco! :|

eleven59

eleven59 said:

I'd rather have some wario, kid Icarus and Plenty other gameboy and gear VC titles

RR529

RR529 said:

@Waveboy, 2 hrs to beat the game (3 if you decide to go after all the collectables). You could safely add another 5 hrs on top of that if you decide to tackle all the player levels (which I highly recommend, because they're all so much fun). So about 7-8 hrs altogether, if you never touch it again (but there are a few player levels I really enjoy, so I've got more than that out of it). All in all, I'd say it's about right for a downloadable Platformer, IMO.

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

Glad you guys are getting this game! It's an amazing game, and in my opinion, should have more replay value than Mutant Mudds (Which is also a good game.) It's always fun to try the extra modes and levels. Here's hoping we start getting games in the 3DS VC over here.