Monsters Abound in Terry's Wonderland 3D Trailer

Posted by James Newton

When in Rome

The very first Dragon Warrior Monsters is getting a full 3D makeover in the scaly form of Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D to give its full title. Square Enix just released a four minute trailer of the 3DS game, and boy is it full of monsters.

Of course, being a Monsters title you're not just battling against the slimy hordes, you're recruiting them and getting them to fight on your side too. The video delivers on both counts, with friends and foes knocking big numbers out of each other. For RPG fans, it's a dream video.

[via andriasang.com]

Samholy

Samholy said:

looks quite good, toriyama's art is always a good thing !

too bad it doesnt seem to be for my age group. i will wait for the next dragonquest installment.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Man I hope they get this one right because I LOVE the original Dragon Warrior Monsters on GB.

ohhaime

ohhaime said:

I can not describe the amount of nostalgia this music gives me. I hope they release the original on VC .

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

It looks like Joker 2 to me, judging from the trailer. I'll probably just get that game and stick with the GB original that I still break out every once in a while.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Anyone who hasnt played the GBC DQM games - go learn why they are the best GBC games ever made (mostly the second one(s)).
Unfortunately yes, it is being remade in Joker format, which is alright, but not as good as the original. None the less I hope to god this gets to Europe.
Also, they decided to bring the Incarni in...damn ;(

Kirowan

Kirowan said:

It seems like there is a whole lot of "RUN AWAY!" in this game. Still, it's very cute.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Equinox is in there from 9. I have not touched joker 2 much, but I'll admit I'm interested

XxGame_LoverXx

XxGame_LoverXx said:

They Need To Make a 3d remake for "Mysical Ninjas".....Um do anybody rember that game for snes!!! That was one my favorite game...or least make a port of game and brang it to eshop!!!!

MikeDanger

MikeDanger said:

I like the original GB game more. Virtual Console release please! Some of us love it when games we're simpler 8 bit, than the whole 3D graphics thing.

Doma

Doma said:

Almost the same as the DS entries, even the music is being reused.

FluxOwl

FluxOwl said:

With all the crazy imaginative creatures shown in the video, why is one of the most prominent monsters on the box cover a regular bear?

I'm definitely interested, but you know what I'd REALLY like to see? A 3DS sequel to Rocket Slime.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

@FluxOwl: Good news, there is a 3DS sequel to Rocket Slime. It hasn't been confirmed for release outside of Japan yet but hopefully it will one day. Here is some info: <a rel="external" href="http://www.1up.com/previews/import-play-test-rocket-slime-3ds">http://www.1up.com/previews/import-play-test-rocket-slime-3ds</a>

I never got to play the original version of this game and I almost forgot that they were making this. It looks like a lot of fun. I'm a huge Dragon Quest fan so I will definitely be picking this one up. :)

EDIT: LOL, I just got ninja'd by @Mickeymac! :D

Pogocoop

Pogocoop said:

@FluxOwl You took the words right out of my mouth :p

Also, Their is already a rocket slime sequel for the 3DS Google "Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3DS"

EDIT : WAAAHHHH DOUBLE NINJA'D !!!

Oregano

Oregano said:

I will get this if/when it comes to Europe.

Also use this engine for a DQVII remake nao!

FluxOwl

FluxOwl said:

@Mickeymac That video was, dare I say, s(ub)lime.
@WolfRamHeart Thanks for the info. I hope it gets released outside of Japan too, but if not, there's always Operation Slimefall :)
@Pogocoop Google? Pfff, that's too mainstream. AskJeeves is where it's at, yo.

Digiki

Digiki said:

I agree with the others, the original source material was incredible and likely won't be topped by this. As such I'm glad to see that they have added a ton of stuff and changed this up. Because if it being nearly the same just worse there's little reason for it to exist, whereas this looks pretty sweet!

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

It looks cute, but I'm actually not really into the art style so I think I'm going to pass.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Digiki Except they're not so much changing it up as much as they're taking Joker 2 and slapping Terry's face on it. Maybe the dungeons will be randomly generated and the story will be the same as the original, but personally, I don't see much reason to get this if you already own Joker 2.