Looks Like Namco Wants to Sell You One Piece SP 2

Posted by James Newton

Rating out

Remember the controversy when the localised version of One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP only came with half the content of its Japanese counterpart? People weren't happy. Stand by to relive those emotions.

The Australian Classification Board has rated One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP 2 for sale, so it's very likely we'll get the second part in the next few months.

In Japan, both One Piece episodes came on the same cartridge, but outside the Land of the Rising Sun you have to buy two games to get the same amount of content.

Will you take the plunge and grab the second part or are you still stinging from the original omission?

[via classification.gov.au]

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

If I remember correctly, the first SP didn´t have the 2nd part because other language options took too much space. Or they were just lazy and thought that they didn´t have anymore space left. Or they just want your money. Just buy the original manga people, I already have 61 finnish editions of OP and still my favourite series.:)

Tate24

Tate24 said:

i really wanted this game but sadly i wasn't prepare to buy only half game for full price. Sorry namco you wont be getting my money:p

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

That's a pretty bizarre way to import a game, all right.

I wish this would come out in America though... Even if it was halved...

JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser said:

I don't see what the big deal is.

Everyone goes on about how great DLC is when in fact the DLC should have been in the game in the first place. This isn't any different to that.

I'll probably pick both of the up when they are cheaper.

Kafei2006

Kafei2006 said:

The Japanese edition fit on a 2GB cart. If the languages were an issue, I doubt the added text wouldn't have fitted on a 4GB cart. Besides, I doubt having to produce double the amount of 2GB carts to avoid using the more expensive 4GB ones is a cheaper move for them. It both gives out a bad image of the game (which already has flaws to begin with), AND it gives western gamers the sense that they're getting screwed. No matter how you twist your head to take a different view on the matter, I doubt anyone can find a right justification for such a stupid move.

Popyman

Popyman said:

I just want one of them! Being a One Piece fan in America sucks big time.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

@Ulala: 4Kids has nothing to do with One Piece anymore. If there's anyone to blame, it's either Funimation, Namco Bandai or Toei.

DeLeonPonce

DeLeonPonce said:

They Should've done what capcom did with RE:Revelation by upgrading the memory to 4gb instead of 2 gb