Nintendo Sends Out New StreetPass Puzzle

Posted by James Newton

Pick up the pieces

Puzzle Swap is one of the most compelling reasons to take your 3DS out and about, but if you've completed all the puzzle panels — yes, even the ones in the November update — you'll be pleased to know Nintendo has just released a new puzzle via SpotPass.

3DS owners with their consoles connected to the internet will receive a SpotPass message informing them that puzzle pieces can now be received through SpotPass, with a new Kid Icarus: Uprising puzzle the first to enjoy this functionality.

Hopefully this will mean that those of you struggling to complete your puzzles through StreetPass will be able to see the joy of 3D puzzles with SpotPass.

Thanks to everyone who sent this in.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

@SteamMistwalker
Nope, I think Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Rhythm Heaven Paradise, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Pilotwings are all from the second update.

Kifa

Kifa said:

I got Kid Icarus piece, but because there is literally noone with 3DS around my place, I have no hope in completing any of the new sets with purple pieces. Oh well, I probably can live with that... ;)

BenAV

BenAV said:

I've got a couple of Kid Icarus pieces.
I got one through SpotPass and then another through StreetPass.
I could have got a few more too, but I elected to get pink pieces from other puzzles instead.
A good day with 14 StreetPasses, if it's like that every time I go to Uni then I'll have all the puzzles completed in no time.

CanWizard

CanWizard said:

i dont have a whole lot of these peices so i have to ask
are the pictures even in 3D?

3dbrains

3dbrains said:

I have 14 puzzles now! apparently there are 15 in total now. I wonder what the other one is...

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

I only had the Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Mario Land puzzles and i still haven't finished them,i got the Kid Icarus puzzle now and i already bought 5 pieces for it :D

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

@CanWizard
Yeah they are. Some are really cool too with some pop out and stuff. They're a bit interactive too, you can actually move the pictures in different angles. It's hard to explain, but they look flat until you actually acquire all the pieces, then when you look at it it'll be a fully 3D picture. You should look up some Youtube videos.

@SteamMistwalker
I get most of mine that way too. And I'm not 100% sure, but I think pink pieces are StreetPass only. I've never gotten a pink piece any other way.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

That's neat. I'll have to see to see that piece eventually help become a completed puzzle soon. Kid Icarus: Uprising was bound to get a puzzle sooner or later.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

I've only completed some of the original 15 piece puzzles. I can't get the other because of the stupid purple puzzle pieces.

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

Nice one! Also a great opportunity for Nintendo to promote new releases in this sympathetic way

Objection

Objection said:

This started no.13 for me (Im missing RHR and one other) but I'm just now completing my second puzzle lol.
I put all my coins into Find Mii 2...

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

Does anyone know what they mean by getting pieces by spotpass? I got my Kid Icarus piece, but will Nintendo continue to distribute pieces regularly, as if you were streetpassing with Nintendo itself, or maybe we could even be able to receive and send pieces to people on your friends list? Or is this more like a random event happening a few times a year so Nintendo can send out new puzzles?

Yosher

Yosher said:

Those purple ones.. how the heck are those ever obtained? I don't have any at all and if it's (only) Streetpass that's needed for this then I'll never be able to complete these since hardly anyone here takes their 3DS with them, and those who do barely do anything with their Mii plaza and whatever else... it's annoying as heck.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

The pink pieces are Streetpass-only, unless you're lucky enough to grab one via Spotpass. I've found that I'm picking up the pink ones gradually, one every few StreetPass hits. The nature of sharing makes the rate of discovering them accelerative - when at first everyone only has 1 pink piece, they're really hard to find, but as everyone Streetpasses and slowly grows their own collection of them, they become steadily easier to find.
It's actually kind of a nice demonstration of Streetpass's spirit - everyone passively helping each other and in turn helping themselves. [/kum-ba-yah mode]

Skitrules

Skitrules said:

i dont know how anyone else would get the pink ones if you can only get them from street pass who has them to start then?

cutepichu57

cutepichu57 said:

I just got the Kid Icarus piece. And have a lot of pink pieces but still need at least half more of them.

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

I'm a little confused by how Spotpass works- so they will show up if you touch other folks playing a game together online like Mario Kart? I notice those people normally show up in your Plaza even though you can't use them for Find Mii or anything (at least not before). I'll have to try it out. I think MK is the only game I currently have that I can connect with other people online with. Though that means getting my butt kicked more ^_^; Bah I'm rusty and unlocking characters in 150cc was ticking me off.

I think its really cool they're distributing new puzzles this way, I hope more will be coming later on! Its also kind of a cool way for them to promote new games (please let there be an Animal Crossing one!)

I had just finally collected all the special pink pieces I needed when I went to a convention the other weekend, though I hadn't finished those puzzles yet. Now I'm going to have to find more pink pieces!!

I was wondering, I noticed the message said puzzles plural unless I'm mis-remembering, will there be a few more that show up?

realar

realar said:

I've got 3 Kid Icarus pieces so far.
Only my Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D is finished of the second set of puzzles.

cutepichu57

cutepichu57 said:

Actually, to get a purple piece you can only get them by doing streetpass with another person who has a purple piece.